Diverge Networks
My honest and genuine reaction - Printable Version

+- Diverge Networks (https://divergenetworks.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Community Management (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Ban Appeals (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+---- Forum: Accepted (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+---- Thread: My honest and genuine reaction (/showthread.php?tid=5542)

Pages: 1 2 3

My honest and genuine reaction - ExodusMal - 03-25-2023

Your Name: ExodusMal, Hector Dalemanca,

Your SteamID (Click to retrieve):  STEAM_0:0:560310320

Your Discord ID#: 851958288773152799

Reason for ban: meta game | Char Abuse | POx8 | Extended to perma due to combined PO's

Length of ban: Perma

Reason for appeal (dispute/apology): Apology

Why should you be unbanned? Well, I want to start by saying that I had a lot of fun on diverge, and it was a great way to blow off steam after work and after school and other IRL things. I was a minge to start as I played with a lot of bad influences and had a bad start. I soon got into the serious parts of the game and got a high rank in a faction and was going strong for a while without any bans but then the faction died and I lost my will to be serious and went back to minging with those people that I started with, I grew a bad reputation and then every time I was pulled into a sit my fault or not I was 9/10 times banned as my rep was so bad. I eventually got a name for myself and met a lot of cool people and I started seriously playing but I will be honest I took it too far and played waayyy too much and started neglecting the rules over time. Since I have taken a break from diverge after my unfortunate ban I have learned that too much of something isn't good, and if I am accepted back into the community, I have learned to pace myself more and appreciate diverge for what it is, its nothing more than a game, not a life style, not a thing to get mad or mess with people over, just something to enjoy here and there. I have made many mistakes, I have made many foes, but all in all, I was a decent player, I want to go back and reinvent myself and just play the game as intended. I apologize for my mistakes, I apologize for the lies and for anyone's role play experiences I may have ruined along the way, Im not going to be dramatic and write a bunch of bullshit to get myself unbanned, I'm just gonna keep it a buck and say that I made mistakes and I have learned from them and I would like to come back and never do them again. Thank you.

Additional Information (images, videos, etc): Ramadam Murabak my habibis

RE: My honest and genuine reaction - Average Polish Dude - 03-25-2023

+1 Back in the summer/late fall of 2022, I met Mal and ran with him for a bit. Being engaged with a group of people helped me see the good in the server. While we eventually split paths, I still think he's a respectable guy

RE: My honest and genuine reaction - Quartz - 03-25-2023

+1 FREE MY MAN HECTOR !!

RE: My honest and genuine reaction - Eospin - 03-25-2023

but what did u do tho

RE: My honest and genuine reaction - ExodusMal - 03-25-2023

If you must know, the reason I got banned in the end, disregarding the po's was I witnessed my friend get arrested and then switched to my DA character to be his lawyer and got banned, I honestly didn't know it was against the rules to do that but then I was told it was by a admin and so left and got off but got banned later on. It was my mistake for doing that and not knowing it was a rule.

RE: My honest and genuine reaction - Outkast - 03-25-2023

+1 this was my cousin back in the day, good guy. dont want the good players to be banned based on mistakes

(03-25-2023, 12:52 AM)ExodusMal Wrote: If you must know, the reason I got banned in the end, disregarding the po's was I witnessed my friend get arrested and then switched to my DA character to be his lawyer and got banned, I honestly didn't know it was against the rules to do that but then I was told it was by a admin and so left and got off but got banned later on. It was my mistake for doing that and not knowing it was a rule.
You were DA and didn't know it was against the rules to swap chars and be his lawyer? Or were you an ADA?

RE: My honest and genuine reaction - ExodusMal - 03-25-2023

I was ADA, I had just recently become it and didn’t know I couldn’t do that, I was just bored and wanted to be a lawyer for my friend and didn’t see the harm, it was late at night and I wasn’t thinking

RE: My honest and genuine reaction - Not Pyro - 03-25-2023

+1 my boy, spent a lot of good time rping together

(03-25-2023, 01:06 AM)ExodusMal Wrote: I was ADA, I had just recently become it and didn’t know I couldn’t do that, I was just bored and wanted to be a lawyer for my friend and didn’t see the harm, it was late at night and I wasn’t thinking

Thats a lot of excuses, man.

I find it really hard to believe you didn't know the metagame or char abuse rules considering you got banned for both before- I checked your PO just to get a gist of the story and you got banned for meta like 4 times, char/job abuse twice, and item transfer once. How do you play for months and not know the rules, especially if you got banned for it before?

Pro tip, for literally everyone reading this ever. When you make an appeal based on apologizing, giving the excuse of "I didn't know the rule!" when you are a long-time player or long-time minge is generally a bad idea. It is very disingenuous. As someone who was a very long-term minge on a different server (I had like 30 bans, tons of warns, multiple permabans, an exile, etc), you typically know the rules very well.

Idk, man, it just seems like you did know the rules but you are using the excuse now (in addition to kinda sorta admitting fault) to try to strengthen your appeal, but it ends up weakening it. I don't really know your rep so I can't speak to if you should be unbanned, but as someone who has written appeals just like this, I know when BS is sprinkled in to try to strengthen an appeal, not that it matters. It's a gmod server appeal, and apology appeals are dumb anyways.