Diverge Networks
Inagawa-kai - Printable Version

+- Diverge Networks (https://divergenetworks.com/forums)
+-- Forum: 1980s Mafia Roleplay (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Faction Applications (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=22)
+--- Thread: Inagawa-kai (/showthread.php?tid=7123)

Pages: 1 2

Inagawa-kai - Ellipsis - 01-09-2024

Name of Faction:
Inagawa-kai
Number of Members (Minimum of 5):
Type Of Faction (Family, Triad, Street Gang, etc):
Japanese Yakuza / Syndicate
Ethnic Background (ex: Italian, Greek, African American, Irish, etc):
Japanese
Name of Character running the faction:
Kazuya Inagawa
Your Discord # (ex: gamer#4210):
ellipsis47
Your SteamID:
STEAM_0:0:138182274
Your Server playtime:
1 Month 1 Week 2 Days 6 Hours
Do you acknowledge and agree to all faction rules as detailed on the server rules page? (Yes/No):
Yes
Do you acknowledge that your faction discord will be owned by us? (Yes/No):
Yes
Provide an example of the unique Roleplay your faction will bring to the server/what type of Roleplay we can expect from your faction:

In real history, the Inagawa-kai are the 4th biggest Yakuza syndicate in all of Japan, specifically they have a large amount of control of Tokyo. I have always loved looking into their group due to their unique approach to events happening in the world. Specifically the fact that unlike the other groups which for the most part only care about money, power and control, the Inagawa-kai have been known to assist the regular civilian population (as well as other groups they are not allied with) in times of disaster be it natural or terrorism.

With that being said I think there are limitless opportunities for the Inagawa-kai to not only create interesting roleplay scenarios with other groups but also there are a lot of chances for us to create some good events with the gamemaster team.

Provide examples or event ideas to promote activity within your faction and keep people interested. (Reference your unique RP from the question above):

One of the main goals I have for this faction is to be unique. By that I don’t mean a duplicate of every other faction that is simply grinding the NPC for shipments just with a different nationality, so I want to really lean into the serious roleplay aspects of this server as I very rarely see it used. Something that I think is very much misunderstood about the nature of this server is that it is a Mafia Roleplay Server and not a Mafia Grinding Server, however every passing day all I see is people who treat it the latter. Roleplay is being someone you are not but the more modern factions just have people being their real self behind the screen so what is even the difference between In Character and Out of Character at that point?  It is my intention for the Inagawa-kai to be extremely serious, with a policy of remaining in character at all times. Sure some people like to Rp in different ways so I am not asking people to put on cringe Japanese-English accents but I still want the mannerism and conduct of my group to match that of how a real Yakuza would.  When you look at the events many groups do, you never really see much cooperation amongst them. However the few that have other groups often gather a lot of people from all over the server which I love to see as it gives the members of your faction (especially the newer ones) a chance to see the server for what it really is.

While potentially getting assistance from the gamemaster team I would love for more events to take place that are based on real life events that my faction / similar were involved in, as this is not something I see happening much. Usually the events I see are very mingy or unrealistic such as a mutant creature or something supernatural, but that is not what the server can really thrive on. What we need is robberies, disasters that result in groups working together that otherwise wouldn't.

Organization Backstory (Min. of 250+ Words & any images):

RE: Inagawa-kai - Quartz - 01-09-2024

+1. Ellipsis is a longtime player and good person. He knows how to rp correctly and how to go about himself in a great manner. I really believe this faction will fill that Yakuza hole in the server thats been missing since Sanz rebranded.

RE: Inagawa-kai - VirologicZero - 01-09-2024

I would say this is pretty decent, however almost all faction applications say something about how ‘they want to be different’ and ‘focus less on grinding’. Realistically, what are your plans for that. If this was approved right this moment, how would you incentivize your faction members to do other things when the server economy is in its current state?

RE: Inagawa-kai - Eli-Moore - 01-09-2024

i like it, seems like a decent application, Ellipsis would be an amazing faction leader.

+1 <3

RE: Inagawa-kai - Ellipsis - 01-09-2024

(01-09-2024, 12:53 PM)VirologicZero Wrote: I would say this is pretty decent, however almost all faction applications say something about how ‘they want to be different’ and ‘focus less on grinding’. Realistically, what are your plans for that. If this was approved right this moment, how would you incentivize your faction members to do other things when the server economy is in its current state?

I understand your point completely and have actually seen other say the same thing.

My intention is to really make each and every player feel like there are unique and have their own place in Inagawa-kai regardless of rank. All I see from many of the larger factions when they people is just them making the brand new player stand at a door for an hour before bringing them into the faction and giving them money with the only order to go and grind shipments. This is not what players especially new players would find fun, it should be noted that this is the first experience of the server this new player is getting so it is vital that special care is given to each new player to get them involved with exciting things that I plan on creating, which if done correctly, I am sure that this is the sort of thing that can bring a new player back, money and grinding while a big part of the server is not what the server is about. It would be good practice for not only the faction I wish to create but other factions who like to cooperate with it to get used to making frequent attempts for some kind of interaction other then just standing there talking until the server lets them know their shipment has arrived.  

Some basic ideas I personally would find very fun would be:
Hosting Car Shows

Frequent gatherings with other groups at dinners and actually make use of the restaurants many factions have instead of them being empty all the time. 

Something I would really like to see, specifically for those factions with gun stores or good relations are trade talks and negotiations about factions buying a large amount of guns, then potentially with support from the game master team or simply those with PET flags we could have our guys help transport the guns via flatbed trucks. 

Obviously you can't also forget the other events such as poker nights, challenges, even training such as teaching our guys the best ways to deal with "Messes" and gun attachments and how to deal with raider etc.

RE: Inagawa-kai - Datboi260 - 01-09-2024

+1 seems very good such wow.

RE: Inagawa-kai - Jxy3 - 01-09-2024

+1 all day, Ellipsis hardcore on the RP, doesn't take no shit & definitely deserves the chance
on top of that I like this from what he said alot.
"My intention is to really make each and every player feel like there are unique and have their own place in Inagawa-kai regardless of rank. All I see from many of the larger factions when they people is just them making the brand new player stand at a door for an hour before bringing them into the faction and giving them money with the only order to go and grind shipments. This is not what players especially new players would find fun, it should be noted that this is the first experience of the server this new player is getting so it is vital that special care is given to each new player to get them involved with exciting things that I plan on creating, which if done correctly, I am sure that this is the sort of thing that can bring a new player back, money and grinding while a big part of the server is not what the server is about. It would be good practice for not only the faction I wish to create but other factions who like to cooperate with it to get used to making frequent attempts for some kind of interaction other then just standing there talking until the server lets them know their shipment has arrived."
BASED.

RE: Inagawa-kai - Generic rapper - 01-11-2024

-1 AI generated photos ugly and low effort backstory clearly just some 14k offshoot faction to gain more properties

RE: Inagawa-kai - TsumMini213 - 01-11-2024

-1 the story is not really interesting, the pictures appear as if you used an AI image generator. Overall not really interesting as a faction. Feels like there wasnt much effort put into this application.

RE: Inagawa-kai - Ellipsis - 01-11-2024

(01-11-2024, 01:54 AM)Generic rapper Wrote: -1 AI generated photos ugly and low effort backstory clearly just some 14k offshoot faction to gain more properties

The AI images was a mistake I accidentally left in while first creating the presentation. 

I should also be noted, none of the 10 members come from 14k. Our backstory contains information from people in the 14k as we are good friends and are both Asian. We are in no way an "Off Faction", we are a completely different entity.