Diverge Networks
TopShotta's Ban Appeal - Printable Version

+- Diverge Networks (https://divergenetworks.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Community Management (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Ban Appeals (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+---- Forum: Accepted (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+---- Thread: TopShotta's Ban Appeal (/showthread.php?tid=3114)

Pages: 1 2 3

RE: TopShotta's Ban Appeal - Landon - 02-21-2022

(02-21-2022, 03:30 AM)Touka Wrote: I don't deny the probationary was not minging, and he acknowledged that, but it does not give an excuse for these other 2's actions.

Topshotta shouldn't have been in the PD area to begin with. As far as I know, most of the officers there were minging. Confirmed by stretch as he was also there seeing some of this unfold, but was not spectating to see this situation specifically.

I explained this in DMs Romulus, but the Probationary admitted to being improperly trained and did not know how to properly do much. He suggested being removed from being PD but I let him stay, but the PD can do whatever they want to him if they please.
I was invited to come into the PD by an officer that recognized me (I don't remember his name). The Judge, officer, and I went down the elevator for a tour, where we found Tyler Ross shooting at someone down the firing range (killing him pretty sure). Soon after, I decided to do a fake arrest on him, bringing an officer and the Probie over and showing them my badge. This was all a joke gone too far, as I've said before, and I am sorry for that.

RE: TopShotta's Ban Appeal - ayo - 02-21-2022

(02-21-2022, 03:30 AM)Touka Wrote: Topshotta shouldn't have been in the PD area to begin with.

...Trespassing is not against the rules. Its an in character issue... Its a roleplay server. asfdfedsjojpaspoas

RE: TopShotta's Ban Appeal - Romullus - 02-21-2022

The reply posted by the staff does not answer key points that I have posted.

The probie does not gain anything from telling you the truth. And him being in the pd is in no way his fault or a reason for a ban.

RE: TopShotta's Ban Appeal - Rem - 02-21-2022

The joke does have it's consequences.

You abused your character's credibility of being an 'FBI' Agent and showed your badge with a /me
The police did not question it, and didn't try to stop the probie, nor did you say "Im joking stop".
You let the situation go through and didn't attempt to call staff or stop the situation from further escalating.

The joke would not have been as bad if you just said it was simply a joke and told them to stop and you're not an FBI agent. Then you would probably have been punished ICly (which you wanted) by Tyler Ross.

The reason for it being a permanent ban is because you have too man bans and warnings. The reason itself is not enough for a permanent ban, but your lack of rehabilitation from previous bans/warnings is enough.

(02-21-2022, 03:41 AM)Touka Wrote: The joke does have it's consequences.

You abused your character's credibility of being an 'FBI' Agent and showed your badge with a /me
The police did not question it, and didn't try to stop the probie, nor did you say "Im joking stop".
You let the situation go through and didn't attempt to call staff or stop the situation from further escalating.

The joke would not have been as bad if you just said it was simply a joke and told them to stop and you're not an FBI agent. Then you would probably have been punished ICly (which you wanted) by Tyler Ross.

The reason for it being a permanent ban is because you have too man bans and warnings. The reason itself is not enough for a permanent ban, but your lack of rehabilitation from previous bans/warnings is enough.
I never shared my name with anyone in there, although my char is known to be a fed.

The police didn't question it, because they were all minging around and thought it was funny. I was letting everything playout, and once Tyler got charged for 125 minutes, I knew that he would obviously make a ticket and get it handled himself (which he did). It eventually got to a certain point after he arrested the Judge, where I left the PD.

And for the last part, I've really been trying to not get in trouble. I have been avoiding situations that would lead up to RDM, since most my bans are for that.

Exactly my point. There are many in fault, police, you, probationary. Everyone. But that does not mean your actions should be let go free. I dealt with the probationary's ban after discussing with the original administrator. He saw some of this unfold and both sides confirmed it. I was NOT there, nor was I the one to ban the probationary. But evidence and confirmation showed what you did. The video I showed was from Tyler Ross, and said you were in fault, along with the other officer/whiplash too*.

(02-21-2022, 04:01 AM)Touka Wrote: Exactly my point. There are many in fault, police, you, probationary. Everyone. But that does not mean your actions should be let go free. I dealt with the probationary's ban after discussing with the original administrator. He saw some of this unfold and both sides confirmed it. I was NOT there, nor was I the one to ban the probationary. But evidence and confirmation showed what you did. The video I showed was from Tyler Ross, and said you were in fault, along with the other officer/whiplash too*.
All I had planned was to put Tyler Ross into a cell and then leave it there, then the Probie took the situation into his own hands by going straight to sentencing him.

So all because I showed him my badge and told him to arrest him? This situation is so easy to fix, yet you're going to ban a loyal long-time player over it.

RE: TopShotta's Ban Appeal - Romullus - 02-21-2022

(02-21-2022, 03:25 AM)Romullus Wrote: FACTS:

- Topshotta made a retarded joke

- Probie gets trained and are aware of what being an officer means, and how arrests works

- Impersonating gov officials is a law, which officers have done multiple arrests and court cases. (same happens with bar ID)

- Withouth any inovlment from topshotta, the probie did it twice.

- The judges arrest was not ordered by the fake fbi, which removes the argument of the probie doing something because an fbi told him to. This action directly contradicts what rem is saying. No one ordered him to arrest the judge.

UP TO INTERPRETATION:

- The tone and actions from the probie, poeple must look at the video and properly analyze the way and tone the situation was in.

- The IC situation topshotta was trying to have

OTHER FACTS:

- The probie had a discussion with the staff. The probie does not gain anything by tell you something like this " Yes I was being retarded and I knew I wasntt allowed to arrest these two guys. Ye I was trained normally and I knew what I can and cant do."

This cannot be ignored.

https://youtu.be/5jT3rTQe8GA

Half the video is not very relevant, but can provide something for both of us.

After reviewing the video, you can be seen doing more than just doing 1 /me and saying arrest him.
The probie also didn't do 125 years, but did say it. Ended with 25.
Senior Officer Jack Alphaugh did have a big part in this too which I would punish, but now since these 2 appeals are up I will hold off until the situation has been reviewed by UA.
I would also consider giving the probie a punishment also since his attitude was mingy, but as stated above.

Also at one point in the appeal you guys said Chuck was reputable to be FBI at one point, but that character was PKed a while ago. https://imgur.com/a/F5OvSYg
The character is named the same name, but with Jr. which is against the rules.

(02-21-2022, 04:51 AM)Touka Wrote: https://youtu.be/5jT3rTQe8GA

Half the video is not very relevant, but can provide something for both of us.

After reviewing the video, you can be seen doing more than just doing 1 /me and saying arrest him.
The probie also didn't do 125 years, but did say it. Ended with 25.
Senior Officer Jack Alphaugh did have a big part in this too which I would punish, but now since these 2 appeals are up I will hold off until the situation has been reviewed by UA.
I would also consider giving the probie a punishment also since his attitude was mingy, but as stated above.

Also at one point in the appeal you guys said Chuck was reputable to be FBI at one point, but that character was PKed a while ago. https://imgur.com/a/F5OvSYg
The character is named the same name, but with Jr. which is against the rules.
Whatever, I've already stated my case. All just a joke gone too far. It was all funny for Tyler until he got arrested.