Diverge Networks
People's Anarchist Movement FACTION APP. - Printable Version

+- Diverge Networks (https://divergenetworks.com/forums)
+-- Forum: 1980s Mafia Roleplay (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Faction Applications (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=22)
+---- Forum: Denied (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=28)
+---- Thread: People's Anarchist Movement FACTION APP. (/showthread.php?tid=5373)

Pages: 1 2

RE: People's Anarchist Movement FACTION APP. - TheSovietHamster - 02-20-2023

-1 I can't actually defend this faction being implemented, it reeks of a minge faction, Im sure you guys have the right intentions but I felt the Backstory could use work, and that this faction would only attract minges. I also don't feel comfortable +1ing a terrorist organization faction. as someone who has been on this server for a long time (2-3 years) this faction gives me a bad vibe.

RE: People's Anarchist Movement FACTION APP. - NovaLuna - 02-20-2023

(02-20-2023, 02:13 AM)TheSovietHamster Wrote: -1 I can't actually defend this faction being implemented, it reeks of a minge faction, Im sure you guys have the right intentions but I felt the Backstory could use work, and that this faction would only attract minges. I also don't feel comfortable +1ing a terrorist organization faction. as someone who has been on this server for a long time (2-3 years) this faction gives me a bad vibe.
Hi soviet! I totally understand your concerns, but let me tell you our processes the other council members and I determined to counter this!

We have a Tri-Layer system, the first recruits are highly supervised and led directly by our "Demolitionist" and our "Technician". Their jobs are to see who is a good candidate for proper membership, and who is. . . garbage.
Once they have elected suitable recruits, those are transported to a different branch, led by our "Enforcer", who trains them in the proper ways to be a member of a crime family. The "Enforcer" is basically the leader of the main group, making sure our people do their jobs right without being just straight up minges, as you said. After that, any extremely qualified members are transferred to the "Overseer" branch, led by myself, to train the next generation of Council members or elite guard. It might sound a bit nerdy, but it's what we determined would be a good process for filtering out the people who only join to be able to kill something.

We want to ensure that all the people on the server have fun interacting with our faction, and any sort of riot or protests we do in the future will be admin approved and reasonable, we aren't going to just run around shooting at things.

I really do hope people will give us a chance, as my friends and I really do want to make more of an impact on the dynamic of the server (positively).

EDIT: I added an in depth explanation of our tri-layer system into my faction application, feel free to check it out!

RE: People's Anarchist Movement FACTION APP. - Spc369 - 02-21-2023

The factions who represent the powers of server will always -1 something like this because it upsets their quiet little lives in RP that doesn’t exist. UA needs to wake up and realize that there needs to be rivals other than “the server is all a mafia!” This may or may not be the answer to the stagnation but consider what it is as a whole. (Leave your ridicule and money grubbing mechanics aside for once)

RE: People's Anarchist Movement FACTION APP. - NovaLuna - 02-21-2023

(02-21-2023, 01:37 AM)Spc369 Wrote: The factions who represent the powers of server will always -1 something like this because it upsets their quiet little lives in RP that doesn’t exist. UA needs to wake up and realize that there needs to be rivals other than “the server is all a mafia!” This may or may not be the answer to the stagnation but consider what it is as a whole. (Leave your ridicule and money grubbing mechanics aside for once)
Thanks for the feedback-- I agree with the fact there needs to be something to mix up the now-repetitive system of suit wearing, money hoarding, and such overdone concepts.
I don't intend to ruin those people's role plays, as I feel some may think. I simply want to introduce a new dynamic of opposition for them, and provide a different route for people to take if they don't feel like playing the typical mobster.

EDIT: Also, for those concerned about it being a terrorist faction, there have been multiple events recently of terrorists attacking the city, so I don't think the topic is "taboo" or anything in this server.

RE: People's Anarchist Movement FACTION APP. - Fox - 02-23-2023

+/-

I like the idea of this but I have concerns and as I know some info on the subject I'll outline below

I think the main issue with this is that people see the word 'anarchist' and immediately assume you're going to ram black bloc down down people's throats, which I know isn't likely the case but it still sends red flags for people, especially considering it's a gmod server. 

To get around the above, you would need to depend VERY heavily on roleplay and faction leader roleplay, to tell each recruit that it's not about just blowing stuff up etc and I don't think 3 days time on the server is long enough for you to have the skills to do that. 

In my opinion I would do either of the following:

1) Close this application and rewrite your backstory. I don't see any issue with being antigov, or anti police but If you wanted a faction I would 100% call it something else and play more into the family aspect of it whilst also being anti establishment.

2) Try and become a political party of sorts and go through the roleplay in that respect, this would fit the anarchism aspect a whole bunch more than having a dedicated faction.

RE: People's Anarchist Movement FACTION APP. - NovaLuna - 02-23-2023

(02-23-2023, 12:05 AM)Fox Wrote: +/-

I like the idea of this but I have concerns and as I know some info on the subject I'll outline below

I think the main issue with this is that people see the word 'anarchist' and immediately assume you're going to ram black bloc down down people's throats, which I know isn't likely the case but it still sends red flags for people, especially considering it's a gmod server. 

To get around the above, you would need to depend VERY heavily on roleplay and faction leader roleplay, to tell each recruit that it's not about just blowing stuff up etc and I don't think 3 days time on the server is long enough for you to have the skills to do that. 

In my opinion I would do either of the following:

1) Close this application and rewrite your backstory. I don't see any issue with being antigov, or anti police but If you wanted a faction I would 100% call it something else and play more into the family aspect of it whilst also being anti establishment.

2) Try and become a political party of sorts and go through the roleplay in that respect, this would fit the anarchism aspect a whole bunch more than having a dedicated faction.
Hi Fox! Thanks for the genuine feedback, I have had a lot of people say their opinion without any explanation, so it's nice to see someone spending a minute to get their ideas across.

I understand that the play time is low, as has been mentioned before, but as I also had previously said, I have a huge amount of leadership experience in past groups. I have founded multiple roleplay factions in some of the biggest roleplay servers, (server omitted because I don't want to playerpoach) has the Pinewood Armed Militia, which was my foundation, running at around 50–60 players, I have founded the Cult of Cthulhu, which was one of Mordhau's biggest competitive/roleplay gaming clans, I have also established many other smaller, less notable groups in various games over time. I have a knack for leadership and I want to express that in the server.

Also, we have considered a name change, but the main reason we made this organization People's Anarchist Movement was to get the initials PAM, which if you noticed, is the same as Pinewood Armed Militia, because the person I had put in charge of managing the Militia is now going to Co-Lead the faction here, and we wanted a throwback to our other endeavors.

I would love to try and be a political party, but I don't think it's the right fit for us, we would most likely rather INFLUENCE politicians from the sidelines with bribery or other such things, rather than actually be part of the system, which is in itself a violation of Anarchy.

Also, with the editing of the backstory, it's shown that we are sort of a "front" for anarchy, exploiting the cause, so in reality the anarchist cause is more of just a theme, while the high ranking individuals use the anger and furor to their advantage to profit.

I have set up a lot of relations, created an entire structure of leadership, and recruited over twenty people to join, and I hope that we can be seen as an interesting new option. I have always enjoyed recruiting new people into whatever shenanigans I am up to, and owning a faction that has a less oppressive and intimidating Mafia theme, with more to do than wait in line to become important, will make a much more approachable and interesting branch of life for the new players joining the server.

RE: People's Anarchist Movement FACTION APP. - Datboi260 - 02-28-2023

-1 This is a terrible idea. On top of the very copy and paste backstory even if this faction did make it in with this 7th grade google doc of a story all that would happen is massive amount of RDM and minging until eventually taken out of the game or completely disbanded.

RE: People's Anarchist Movement FACTION APP. - NovaLuna - 03-01-2023

(02-28-2023, 08:05 PM)Datboi260 Wrote: -1 This is a terrible idea. On top of the very copy and paste backstory even if this faction did make it in with this 7th grade google doc of a story all that would happen is massive amount of RDM and minging until eventually taken out of the game or completely disbanded.
Hey Datboi. Thanks for the feedback, but I disagree. If none of my prior experience, my roadmaps, my behind the scenes, or my backstory convince you that this is a genuine faction application I don’t know what will.
The backstory is written by myself, I did not “copy and paste” anything.
I have said explicitly our strategy for countering rule breakers and minges, so I assume you simply didn’t read my application in its entirety. We have already worked out alliances with factions, gotten inside men on the government, and recruited 20 genuine role playing people to be in our faction.
As of now, all of our leadership roles are going to be occupied as soon as the faction is deployed, and they are all very capable of role play. I do not like your instant judgement without really understanding anything about what the faction is, and I hope you can take a second look and understand that this faction is not going to be a waste. (Forgive any errors or formatting in this comment, I’m on mobile)

RE: People's Anarchist Movement FACTION APP. - Canadian-bacon - 03-06-2023

Low-ish player time (At time of making application)

Backstory is alright but leaves some things to be yearned for.

Overall the main issue I have is with faction name and type as it leans towards more of a political or apolitical movement which unfortunately would have negative conations and what I believe will only attract minges.

I have observed you ingame before and you seem like a genuine player that tends to help new players out but recruiting them into a faction with the above name may cause more harm than good. Feel free to re apply whenever with a different, more serious/crime focused idea.

People's Anarchist Movement FACTION APP. - Canadian-bacon - 03-06-2023

Thank you for applying for a faction.
Unfortunately your application has been denied.

We do not believe your faction or application is sufficient enough to be accepted.

You may re-apply with the above issues rectified, when re-applying keep in mind that a well written application with good grammar, and a detailed backstory will help in getting accepted.