Diverge Networks
Akuma Nakamura - Character Appeal - Printable Version

+- Diverge Networks (https://divergenetworks.com/forums)
+-- Forum: 1980s Mafia Roleplay (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Character Appeals (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+---- Forum: Denied (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+---- Thread: Akuma Nakamura - Character Appeal (/showthread.php?tid=7161)

Pages: 1 2

RE: Akuma Nakamura - Character Appeal - Canadian-bacon - 01-17-2024

You may only comment on an appeal if you were DIRECTLY involved with the situation leading up to the PK.

Viewing these clips in a vacuum devoid of context.

https://medal.tv/games/garrys-mod/clips/1PomlwDAhjoEvA/t4L82xlr7X4Z?invite=cr-MSx4V2ksMTgyOTI5NzcwLA?mobilebypass=true
You are open carrying a firearm in public, an officer makes a lawful order to view your ID to verify your firearms license. You have a valid class 3 firearms license. You refuse to show ID and then kill them when they move to arrest you. There is no reason to not comply with their order as you hold a valid firearms license, this can be considered kill baiting as you unnecessarily escalate the situation to an arrest in order to justify violence.

- In the same vein there are still times when you can't shoot police and it would be considered RDM. You may not KOS Police for no reason. They must be specifically targeting you or a faction member for arrest/takedown. You may not kill Officers for simply pulling you over or writing you a traffic citation. You may not kill Officers for giving you a lawful order. (Leave the area, put that away, Identify yourself, etc)

- What is considered an attempt to arrest / detain you:
■ Attempting to handcuff you
■ Verbally telling you, you are being detained / arrested ("You are being detained", "You are under arrest")
■ Firing their tazer at you
■ Pointing their gun at you and ordering you to surrender/stop moving/get down/turn around. (Fear RP basically) (Telling you to LEAVE is not an arrest/detainment)

Asking you for ID / Licenses is NOT a detainment / arrest; nor is simply questioning you, giving you a lawful order or threatening to arrest you. ("Leave or you will be arrested") (etc.)

You are in a new area, new clothes and it is over 20 minutes later. While claims of targeting are serious the Officer can't just ignore you because they died half an hour ago. You claim the reason you refuse to show your ID is because the gun 'isn't registered to you' yet you continue to invite these conflicts with the officer by open carrying the supposed 'unregistered' weapon. Again having a valid gun license. Had you put the gun away or simply concealed it on your person (knowing officers WILL try to stop you) the cop then approaching you would be clear indication of meta, whereas here the officer is visually identifying someone with an open carry weapon and reacting as such.

Again in this second clip you escalate the conflict and kill the Officer before when they attempt to check you license status which is a valid class 3.

■ If a weapon is drawn, the police have the right to detain you until they confirm that the weapon is legal, then they have to let you go.

3 and 4.

I'm glad you included his perspective, it's actually very helpful in seeing its not an exploit, it's clearly deysnc, on his screen he moves out of the way BEFORE you fire and is only clipped by one or two pellets of the shotgun on the way out whereas on your screen he looks like he took the entire shot where instead his hitbox was mostly out of the way.

[Image: 0b04d4515e0fc268d6a496dbb87e90b6.png?ex=...743e35cc8&]
[Image: 2b3cdf12f685a332feca092730c2cca1.png?ex=...37ca8602d&]

It's about a half second behind from where their hotbox is, this is usually a result of your internet

[Image: 7d37a5c911d82945b132a374fada7e35.png?ex=...7d91a1c59&]

5. see above

6. It's dysnc, viewing both clips confirms that. Gmod patched out the crouch glitching from HL2 years and years ago iirc.

The major claim here is that the officer is targeting you and your faction for arrest, obviously this must be provable but it's quite difficult when you invite police confrontation by open carrying and refusing to show ID despite having a valid class 3. You can't just start these confrontations so you can kill cops then complain when a situation doesn't go your way. Not to mention the fact that the pk resulted from SOMEONE else being arrest, not you. You actively CHOSE to insert yourself into that situation by attacking the cop. He didn't impose himself against you nor did he force you to intervene via powergaming means.

He makes the claim he was arresting the Kanye Smith person for punching him, which logs support.

Iamcubandoll (STEAM_0:0:747939697) (Kanye Smith) inflicted 2HP damage to Overweight Giraffe (STEAM_0:0:141213624) (Officer Robin H. Foxx) using a nut_hands
Kanye Smith was tazered by Officer Robin H. Foxx STEAM_0:0:141213624

Meaning the Kanye Smith person initiated the situation.

From the clips provided it seems you rolled up mid arrest and then attempted to intervene;
The only way this PK is invalid is that if the arrest of Kanye Smith was invalid or targeting (meta/powergame), however this person is not even in your faction? + They punched the cop to begin the confrontation.

Now your 4 second clip is cut short but if either party has a longer video of that interaction, feel free to post it.

RE: Akuma Nakamura - Character Appeal - Jxy3 - 01-17-2024

His clip shows the interaction aswell. I trimmed mine down because nothings better than watching a 4 second video of a complete horror.

As I read before per Spaceiums comment
"Upon failing attempts to escalate the encounters more by pulling out a gun seemingly PK baiting. While the clip states it was estimated 20 minutes after the situation, that doesnt technically fall under NLR, but pulling out the gun and trying to reinitiate the same exact scenario blurs the line. Finally the 'crouching' thing shown in the clip is super suspicious that he was able to tank two point blank shotgun blasts and if was actually done intentionally to survive the shots would be FailRP." this couldnt of been stated any better. The second interaction between me and him shows the growing tension between the first stop and the second stop.

Now I understand what you mean about the video. But my clip has consistent clean shots from a shotgun to his upper torso and head. I've had everything from "Body Armor" to "Lag" to "Desync" to "your stupid" "Crouch spam", and also "exploiting". I haven't said any of these were 100% what is going on. But I for sure heard him say he was crouch spamming, so that's what I brought up here.

I pointed and physgunned the person (Kayne) to try and attempt to warn them that this cop is Sgt Anal Stickler and will not find her humor amusing at all. That's when they started interacting which somehow escalated to what happened. Personally I KNOW the 2 shots wouldve been enough to clear a crowd in some situations...

There is no reason that Desync should be the death of me. That's where I'm coming from. If I need to prove this as if it was accusing bush of 9/11, by him harassing me a night after I put his CCNG char in his place - cool. But dying to desync is the biggest slap in the face lmfao

Once again as I stated the crouching is irrelevant since he avoids a majority of the pellets by simply moving out of the way of the shot, the crouch does not affect this.

An Officer drawing a weapon does not constitute pk baiting as you are already armed in each clip. An officer 'attempting to re-assert the same issue' isnt metagame because you constantly open carry the gun. If you concealed the gun and he still approached you, then yes, this claim would then hold water, but because of the compulsion to have the gun out open carried on safety 24/7 each initiation in checking license is 100% legitimate.

While, again, you claim there is some sort of bias or intentional targeting against you that doesn't actually change the scenario of your PK where the cop was arresting someone else entirely, a person not in your faction, when you decide to intervene. He did not force an ID check on you nor did he force you to intervene in this arrest, the other person initiated the confrontation with the officer by punching them and officer moved to taze and cuff them. The 'tension' between you and him is irrelevant in this scenario; other than maybe affecting your motivation to kill this particular cop whenever the opportunity presents itself.

I have to re-state, the only way this PK is invalid is if the arrest of Kanye Smith was invalid or targeting (meta/powergame).

Which as of right now there's no evidence to support that idea.

I asked for a longer clip from you to see a greater context of your perspective before those 4 seconds. If you can provide that, please do.

(did not see your additional reply)

I understand that dying to de-sync is unfortunate but ultimately that's beyond us, de-sync occurs as a result of an individual's connection to the server and is bound to occur occasionally in a game released over 15 years ago. It's a risk taken when using a weapon with high damage but limited munition capacity against well armoured opponents.

Unfortunately can't just reverse people's PKs when they initiate a situation then die due to a poor connection lol.

RE: Akuma Nakamura - Character Appeal - James - 01-17-2024

Nothing that you have shown would invalidate the PK and thought the clear desync is annoying its something that everyone experiences and unfortunately, there isn't much if anything we can do to fix it. due to this the PK will stand (that goes for both PKs from this situation)

Your appeal has been reviewed and denied.

We have determined this PK to be reasonable and/or justified.

You may not re-appeal this PK.