Diverge Networks
Thinner's Ban Appeal - Printable Version

+- Diverge Networks (https://divergenetworks.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Community Management (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Ban Appeals (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+---- Forum: Accepted (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+---- Thread: Thinner's Ban Appeal (/showthread.php?tid=7363)

Pages: 1 2 3

RE: Thinner's Ban Appeal - Altoid - 03-06-2024

yeah no -1 go play your shitty diverge ripoff

RE: Thinner's Ban Appeal - MxR - 03-06-2024

Confusedkull: no get this guy outta here

RE: Thinner's Ban Appeal - Eli-Moore - 03-06-2024

(03-06-2024, 09:59 PM)LoganE Wrote:
(03-06-2024, 09:19 PM)Eli-Moore Wrote: I mean, considering Thinner wasnt exactly leaving diverge or publicly advertising this dog shit server, i personally do not think he should get perma banned. I mean shit dude this man has a clean PO list. Look at mine. I personally do not think one should get perma banned for such a small thing such as trying out a new server. At least he didnt go like everybody else, RDMing everyone and giving away his shit.

RIP my manz, gone 2 soon.
He wasn't banned for trying a new server though, he was banned for advertising to people a ripoff version of diverge networks, saying he is a staff manager. What's funny is he talked shit about that server's owner too which is mad funny.
BTW you think here is shit? Cope

Nigga im calling the ripoff diverge dog shit. Read next time plz

RE: Thinner's Ban Appeal - Spaceium - 03-06-2024

The key to this appeal is the fact that he did NOT in any capacity "advertise" to anyone strictly because they were Diverge players. He didn't even mention it in any official capacity, he sent messages through DMs (the important part) to people he considers friends. It would be another thing if he DM'd people en-mass or through Diverge Servers itself, but he didn't.

RE: Thinner's Ban Appeal - Shittor - 03-06-2024

When you devoted yourself to our noble Pendred’s cause, you gave up privileges in a blood-soaked covenant. And now, Pendred rules you, my friend. It grieves me to see you choose another server, for it is a betrayal of our loyalty and a pain in my loyal heart.

RE: Thinner's Ban Appeal - Hoovis - 03-06-2024

make a diverge cake to get unbanned

RE: Thinner's Ban Appeal - Thinner - 03-06-2024

Let me address some stuff. Long ass essay incoming so if you don't want to read it that's fine:
1) When I first got the invite for the server, I thought it was just another Mafia RP server. I heard some of the stuff one of the ex-owners of the server was saying about the server and it just sounded super fun, that is all. I just joined and they saw I was mod in diverge and I also somewhat knew the owner so he asked me to make some of the rules and manage the staff on the server. Its a server with 6 people on it at most so I didn't think it would really matter to diverge. To me this and diverge we're completely separate things. I didn't realize that just sending the invite to some people would be such a bad thing. That's my bad, I could of been warned about this before-hand or told not to do this, but I did not think anything of it being bad. The permanent ban was a bit much but it is what it is. Pendred already decided. It's a server with barely anyone, if 3 people I invite from diverge to go even check out that server for a little bit I don't think it will hurt Diverge. Diverge is one of the biggest Garry's Mod servers and people are still going to play on it more than the new one anyway even if it does get big. Also the few people I sent it to didn't even respond to me about it. There was like 3 people who joined the server and only one of those dudes plays it. I really just didn't see it as a big deal. I get how it can be advertising but I didn't mean to pull people away from Diverge. From what I have seen in this new server, nobody in the server whatsoever wants to pull people away from diverge and does not want to take the community of it down, especially not me or the owners.
2) The thing about how the new server is shitty: Yes it kind of is, but it just released and its the owners first time being a server owner so in the place this is going, its just going to die. At first I didn't realize these things cause it was in beta but slowly the server just suddenly came out of beta when it was barely finished.
3) The thing about it being a diverge clone. It kind of is, and isn't. It uses Nutscript 2.0 and a lot of the same models as diverge as long as Southside which does make it already look like a diverge clone but the thing is, its just that Diverge is the only actual Mafia RP server on Gmod and really the only precedent the owners had for these types of servers. Its different in many ways but has the same framework. Same foundation, different things added onto it.
4) There is also some other things that the main owner has done that are not good whatsoever that I have told him multiple times about, but he won't listen and a lot of stuff in that server is out of my reach to do. A lot of other stuff, from what I have been told, is apart of a Mafia RP Preset that is also used in Diverge. I don't know a ton about this since I didn't code or anything like that for the server.

Overall, I get why I was banned. Pendred banned me and that's just kind of how the cookie crumbles. Diverge was fun asf though and I love everyone on it. Even the people that left some of the -1 comments on this post. I just wanted to have fun on another server and didn't realize that it is following a similar trend to previous Mafia servers that tried to pop up. I did technically advertise but since it wasn't directly on any diverge platform, I just thought it was fine if it was just people in DM's as long as I wasn't trying to get them to leave Diverge or anything it was fine. That's on my part, everything else with the main owner being dumb and shit like that is not me. The one thing we aren't doing is trying to drag down diverge whatsoever. I do not think I should be permanently banned, but I think that maybe a limited time ban + staff removal would be fine. I was also just getting a little burnt out from Diverge in general and wanted something new to play just for a bit. Wasn't my intention to actually break any sort of rule, but you might see it like that and that's reasonable. Had fun times on Diverge but it all ends someday.

RE: Thinner's Ban Appeal - Canadian-bacon - 03-07-2024

being able to advertise in DMs would be such a loophole, if the guy reported you he felt like you were advertising it to him. Meets the criteria.

Isnt this 'server' the one people keep telling us have ripped our files / content. Makes sense for pendred to ban you for holding a staff position on that xxxx

RE: Thinner's Ban Appeal - Thinner - 03-07-2024

(03-07-2024, 02:00 AM)Canadian-bacon Wrote: being able to advertise in DMs would be such a loophole, if the guy reported you he felt like you were advertising it to him. Meets the criteria.

Isnt this 'server' the one people keep telling us have ripped our files / content. Makes sense for pendred to ban you for holding a staff position on that xxxx
To my knowledge the only thing the owner ripped was the custom cosmetics, which I agree was bad so I told him to get rid of them and he told me to basically fuck off so I talked to the head-dev and other owner of the server and the head-dev said they would get rid of it. Everything else, to my knowledge, is just other addons on the workshop, nutscript and other base things that Diverge also uses.

RE: Thinner's Ban Appeal - The Gent - 03-07-2024

“ A King may move a man, a father may claim a son, but remember that even when those who move you be Kings, or men of power, your soul is in your keeping alone. When you stand before God, you cannot say, "But I was told by others to do thus." Or that, "Virtue was not convenient at the time." This will not suffice. “