Diverge Networks
Axis' staff app - Printable Version

+- Diverge Networks (https://divergenetworks.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Community Management (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Staff Applications (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+---- Forum: Accepted (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+---- Thread: Axis' staff app (/showthread.php?tid=101)

Axis' staff app - Axis - 12-13-2020

In-Game Name(s): 
David Marston
Steam Name: 
Powerpoint
Steam Profile Link: 
https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198377371718
Steam ID: 
STEAM_0:0:208552995STEAM_0:0:208552995
Discord Username: 
Christopher Karl
Total playtime on Server:
None, just started playing it now.
Time Zone: 
GMT
How much time can you realistically dedicate to moderating?: 
All of it if need be, I also spend a lot of time on typhon so probably about 6 hours a day.
Have you read the rules?: 
Yes I have read all the rules.
Do you have a working microphone?: 
Yes I do, it has clear audio.
Do you acknowledge that you must attend all staff meetings (Unless you have stated why you cannot beforehand): 
Yes, I do attend school but I will make time if need be.
Are you familiarized with SAM and/or Nutscript commands?: 
Yes I am familiarized with those types of commands.
Do you acknowledge that lying on this application will result in immediate denial and blacklisting from staff?: 
Yes, I do believe that I have been truthful throughout the application.
What is your motivation/reason for applying?: 
Personally I enjoy watching a server thrive and grow, the main reason that I want to apply for Moderator is to help people in the community as I feel alot of people have a negative opinion towards Gmod Admins/Moderators therefore I would like to change the way people see the Staff to a more positive and helpful figure. I also feel that I have alot to offer for this server and its players as I have seen many examples of Gmod RP servers change and grow themselves, therefore I wish to bring that experience to help this server grow. 
Why should you be considered over other candidates?:  
I feel like I could do a lot for the people on this server, because I am very active and I feel that my time zone helps. Although most of the server is EST I do believe that earlier on the server staff are undermanned  and I wish to change that. I also formed a good relationship with the community on typhon networks and I do believe that I am a peoples person, and I will only take action if I am 100% sure that it is needed, and required. I believe that I can be of use to the server as I put time and care into the work that I do and that I really care about fairness and true justice. I hold no bias in any situation out of RP and truly believe that I am a fair person. I will take time out of my roleplay to help people as I do not want people waiting for help. I do feel that I am very mature and that I can make decisions quickly and competently. I have never once been a minge and I do feel that I hold a certain type of view on RP as I see minges as unacceptable at times, but also a laugh. I feel that being too strict on people will lead to said people hating you as a person. I feel that more moderators and admins should be like this and just be a little more less uptight and a bit more ‘friendly’.
Do you have any previous staffing experience? (Please list where, what position and how long): 
I have been a staff member on many groups on Roblox, some containing over 10000 members, I also own many Groups and Roleplay games on Roblox with over 2000 members. I own a roleplay group on Roblox about the Holy Roman Empire, although it is completely different from Mafia RP, I do believe that my experience still holds some weight. I have been a Moderator on many occasions during the 5 years that I’ve been roleplaying, and every time that I have been a Moderator/Admin I do believe that I have made a difference.
Have you been banned before on any of our servers? If so, why?: 
No I have never been banned or warned on any RP servers (other than Dark RP)
Would you say that you are well known in our community, what's your reputation, what do other members think of you?: 
I have no reputation however I do believe that I can earn reputation through communicating with the community with some time.
Have any staff members recommended you? If so, list their names:
Someone RDMs and you are currently off-duty. How do you handle this?: 
Swap to my staff char and deal with it personally to make sure it is sorted out fairly and make sure that the situation is non biased, if someone is already handling the situation I will stay on my other char and resume the RP experience.
You have seen a fellow staff member of higher or equal rank than you abusing fairly often, but never doing anything too noticeable. What do you do?: 
Confront them about it first and see if it can be resolved through means of communication if not I would report it straight away as abusing the rank of Administrator+ is unacceptable if you want to maintain a healthy server.
A very good friend of yours joins the server. Over the course of an hour, you’ve received multiple complaints about them not following rules, RDM’ing, and minging. How do you proceed knowing this can affect your friendship with them?: 
I would leave the situation to someone else so that it wouldn't affect our friendship, however if I was the only moderator on that could handle it, I would take the situation into my own hands and do what is necessary and to put the wellbeing of the server and it's players first.

RE: Axis' staff app - [DV-N] Hyena - 12-14-2020

Do you have any exp staffing on gmod or just roblox?

RE: Axis' staff app - Axis - 12-14-2020

(12-14-2020, 04:34 AM)[DV-N] Hyena Wrote: Do you have any exp staffing on gmod or just roblox?

Yeah I do

RE: Axis' staff app - [DV-N] Hyena - 12-14-2020

Pending, For further replies.

RE: Axis' staff app - Snow_arnulf - 12-14-2020

-1 I would like to see you get familiar with the map and the NPC's, also would like you to get familiar with the rules, And maybe gain like 4-6 hours on the server.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-signed Admin Snow_arnulf

RE: Axis' staff app - Wish - 12-15-2020

We are in need of staff, I say keep him under watch, give him a mentor and a chance.

RE: Axis' staff app - Diverge - 12-20-2020

Accepted.