Diverge Networks
Vice Staff Application - Printable Version

+- Diverge Networks (https://divergenetworks.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Community Management (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Staff Applications (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+---- Forum: Accepted (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+---- Thread: Vice Staff Application (/showthread.php?tid=1190)

Vice Staff Application - Vice - 04-15-2021

In-Game Name(s): U.S Deputy Marshal Mickey Green // Michael Green

Steam Name: Vice

Steam Profile Link: https://steamcommunity.com/id/cretinbruh/

Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:98169094

Discord Username: Vice

Total playtime on Server (Do !time in-game):
1w 1d 6h 41 mins

Time Zone: GMT-0 / BST

How much time can you realistically dedicate to moderating?: 1h - 4h Max a day

Have you read the rules?: Yes

Do you have a working microphone?: Yes (pretty good one at that)

Do you acknowledge that you must attend all staff meetings (Unless you have stated why you cannot beforehand): Yes

Are you familiarized with SAM and/or Nutscript commands?: Yes (Used to be co-founder of a Nutscript community called Fuse Networks as well as I did some staffing on MP as a T-mod and then it was shut down).

Do you acknowledge that lying on this application will result in immediate denial and blacklisting from staff?: Yes

-------------------------------------------------
Long Answer
Questions proceeded with an asterix require a response of 5 Sentences Minimum.

What is your motivation/reason for applying?:  * I have wanted to be staff on this server for a long time now. It is hard, to sum up into words my exact reasoning. I think it would be fun. I would enjoy attempting to resolve issues and be a part of something else. It would be fun to do something different than what I do on the server normally. I think it would also be interesting, To be able to learn new things and meet new people. I would be able to talk with players I wouldn’t have before and I would love to help new and old players alike. I want to resolve people’s issues without causing unnecessary tension or hatred. I would want to help others while keeping people happy and I understand that sometimes I cannot make everyone happy. I do not want people to end up getting frustrated over something that can be fixed.

I’ve been friends with different people and factions over the time I’ve played on this server as well as over the time I have played on the previous servers. And just from my own thoughts, being staff seems pretty fun and fulfilling. I would be able to have fun with the other staff, and just chill. However, I would also take my job seriously when needed. It sounds fun to be able to fix other's issues and resolve their problems and I think it sounds like an enticing job. I wouldn’t want to do something that I don’t find fun, however, being a staff member and finding creative solutions to make sure players seem happy seems like something that will keep me entertained, which will, in turn, make me offer more time to staffing.

The experience of being a staff member would not only be fun, but it would also be interesting. It interests me how the other side of the server works. I would love to learn the aspects of being a staff. How to deal with players, what to do when a certain issue arises, how to respond quickly to issues, ETC. I think that being a staff member would help me learn many new things that I have not known. I am interested in learning these things and using my newfound knowledge to help players. Being a staff member would be a great experience for me in the long term. It will also allow me to meet players and gain new friends. It genuinely seems like an experience that I could use to learn

The main reason I wish to be a staff is that I want to help players. I’m on at busy times as well as not busy times and times when there is no staff on. I wish to be an outlet for players to take their complaints to or a person who can be nice and understanding in a time of anger. I wish for people to enjoy the game, and not have to deal with arguing. That’s why I wish to help players and make sure when I close a sit, that mostly everyone will be happy or understanding about the outcome. I don’t wish for sits to create bad blood between the players and I will keep trying to make everyone happy.
There are many more reasons why I wish to be a staff member, however, I think I summed up the most important ones. I am willing to try and try again to fulfill my goal and become a part of the staff team. I mainly just want people to have fun, and I think I will have fun as well.

Why should you be considered over other candidates?:  * I am active almost every day due to my abundance of free time recently. I have experience and I wish to use that in order to help my favorite community at the moment. I know the player and how they act on the server, I am friends with a fair amount of people within the server, so staff sit arguments will be near to none. I am online during EU hours, so I can help people when I am the only staff on. I have experience with quotas, so I will always meet them within the time provided. I would love to be able to help other players and further their experience on the server.

Do you have any previous staffing experience? (Please list where/what position and how long): I was Co-founder of Fuse Networks which lasted around 4 months until I found out that the owner was doing a Narco on the staff and was lieing about putting money into the server. I was also a T-mod sometime before MP shutdown.

Have you been banned before on any of our servers? If so, why?: N/A (I don't think I have)

Would you say that you are well known in our community, what's your reputation, what do other members think of you?:  * I have made friends in the factions I have been in the past, for example, I have made friends with a few of Grant Ent. when I was a security supervisor. I made friends with Flannagan's including Stallion and Ghasts. I have made friends in Bonnanos on my Marshal character and I speak to them here and there at the deuce and wild. I have friends in U.S Marshals (I think all of them are on good terms with me). I have spoken to or been an important role in a fair amount of factions, almost any rank in every style of faction spit across all of the Mafia RP servers I have played since It became a gamemode. All in all, not many people do not get on with me, I see myself as a pretty genuine guy.

Have any staff members recommended you? If so, list their names: N/A (I have not asked anyone to recommend me)

Problem Solving
Detail step by step exactly the actions you would take.

Someone RDMs and you are currently off-duty. How do you handle this?: I do /copyid, I then go on my staff character, do /Lookupid and bring him and freeze him. I then proceed to check if he had violated any rules while I was absent and then administer the correct punishment.

You have seen a fellow staff member of higher or equal rank than you abusing fairly often, but never doing anything too noticeable. What do you do?: I obtain evidence of the incident and then report them to a seperate Upper Admin.

A very good friend of yours joins the server. Over the course of an hour, you’ve received multiple complaints about them not following rules, RDM’ing, and minging. How do you proceed knowing this can affect your friendship with them?: I administer the correct punishments and explain that it is my job to enforce the server rules and it is nothing personal.

---------------------------------------------------------

RE: Vice Staff Application - Michael Flanagan - 04-15-2021

+1 good lad

RE: Vice Staff Application - LocalWelshman - 04-15-2021

+1
Very good man, could do with some more British people

RE: Vice Staff Application - ChroniclesOfGrim - 04-15-2021

+1

Good dude, plays by the rules, doesn't have a stick up his ass, and is good at what he does

RE: Vice Staff Application - Blacky_Mackie - 04-15-2021

+1 Would make a great addition to the diverge staff team.

RE: Vice Staff Application - Shitting Bull - 04-15-2021

(04-15-2021, 04:23 PM)Vice Wrote: In-Game Name(s): U.S Deputy Marshal Mickey Green // Michael Green

Steam Name: Vice

Steam Profile Link: https://steamcommunity.com/id/cretinbruh/

Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:98169094

Discord Username: Vice

Total playtime on Server (Do !time in-game):
1w 1d 6h 41 mins

Time Zone: GMT-0 / BST

How much time can you realistically dedicate to moderating?: 1h - 4h Max a day

Have you read the rules?: Yes

Do you have a working microphone?: Yes (pretty good one at that)

Do you acknowledge that you must attend all staff meetings (Unless you have stated why you cannot beforehand): Yes

Are you familiarized with SAM and/or Nutscript commands?: Yes (Used to be co-founder of a Nutscript community called Fuse Networks as well as I did some staffing on MP as a T-mod and then it was shut down).

Do you acknowledge that lying on this application will result in immediate denial and blacklisting from staff?: Yes

Long Answer
Questions proceeded with an asterix require a response of 5 Sentences Minimum.

What is your motivation/reason for applying?:  * I have wanted to be staff on this server for a long time now. It is hard, to sum up into words my exact reasoning. I think it would be fun. I would enjoy attempting to resolve issues and be a part of something else. It would be fun to do something different than what I do on the server normally. I think it would also be interesting, To be able to learn new things and meet new people. I would be able to talk with players I wouldn’t have before and I would love to help new and old players alike. I want to resolve people’s issues without causing unnecessary tension or hatred. I would want to help others while keeping people happy and I understand that sometimes I cannot make everyone happy. I do not want people to end up getting frustrated over something that can be fixed.

I’ve been friends with different people and factions over the time I’ve played on this server as well as over the time I have played on the previous servers. And just from my own thoughts, being staff seems pretty fun and fulfilling. I would be able to have fun with the other staff, and just chill. However, I would also take my job seriously when needed. It sounds fun to be able to fix other's issues and resolve their problems and I think it sounds like an enticing job. I wouldn’t want to do something that I don’t find fun, however, being a staff member and finding creative solutions to make sure players seem happy seems like something that will keep me entertained, which will, in turn, make me offer more time to staffing.

The experience of being a staff member would not only be fun, but it would also be interesting. It interests me how the other side of the server works. I would love to learn the aspects of being a staff. How to deal with players, what to do when a certain issue arises, how to respond quickly to issues, ETC. I think that being a staff member would help me learn many new things that I have not known. I am interested in learning these things and using my newfound knowledge to help players. Being a staff member would be a great experience for me in the long term. It will also allow me to meet players and gain new friends. It genuinely seems like an experience that I could use to learn

The main reason I wish to be a staff is that I want to help players. I’m on at busy times as well as not busy times and times when there is no staff on. I wish to be an outlet for players to take their complaints to or a person who can be nice and understanding in a time of anger. I wish for people to enjoy the game, and not have to deal with arguing. That’s why I wish to help players and make sure when I close a sit, that mostly everyone will be happy or understanding about the outcome. I don’t wish for sits to create bad blood between the players and I will keep trying to make everyone happy.
There are many more reasons why I wish to be a staff member, however, I think I summed up the most important ones. I am willing to try and try again to fulfill my goal and become a part of the staff team. I mainly just want people to have fun, and I think I will have fun as well.

Why should you be considered over other candidates?:  * I am active almost every day due to my abundance of free time recently. I have experience and I wish to use that in order to help my favorite community at the moment. I know the player and how they act on the server, I am friends with a fair amount of people within the server, so staff sit arguments will be near to none. I am online during EU hours, so I can help people when I am the only staff on. I have experience with quotas, so I will always meet them within the time provided. I would love to be able to help other players and further their experience on the server.

Do you have any previous staffing experience? (Please list where/what position and how long): I was Co-founder of Fuse Networks which lasted around 4 months until I found out that the owner was doing a Narco on the staff and was lieing about putting money into the server. I was also a T-mod sometime before MP shutdown.

Have you been banned before on any of our servers? If so, why?: N/A (I don't think I have)

Would you say that you are well known in our community, what's your reputation, what do other members think of you?:  * I have made friends in the factions I have been in the past, for example, I have made friends with a few of Grant Ent. when I was a security supervisor. I made friends with Flannagan's including Stallion and Ghasts. I have made friends in Bonnanos on my Marshal character and I speak to them here and there at the deuce and wild. I have friends in U.S Marshals (I think all of them are on good terms with me). I have spoken to or been an important role in a fair amount of factions, almost any rank in every style of faction spit across all of the Mafia RP servers I have played since It became a gamemode. All in all, not many people do not get on with me, I see myself as a pretty genuine guy.

Have any staff members recommended you? If so, list their names: N/A (I have not asked anyone to recommend me)

Problem Solving
Detail step by step exactly the actions you would take.

Someone RDMs and you are currently off-duty. How do you handle this?: I do /copyid, I then go on my staff character, do /Lookupid and bring him and freeze him. I then proceed to check if he had violated any rules while I was absent and then administer the correct punishment.

You have seen a fellow staff member of higher or equal rank than you abusing fairly often, but never doing anything too noticeable. What do you do?: I obtain evidence of the incident and then report them to a seperate Upper Admin.

A very good friend of yours joins the server. Over the course of an hour, you’ve received multiple complaints about them not following rules, RDM’ing, and minging. How do you proceed knowing this can affect your friendship with them?: I administer the correct punishments and explain that it is my job to enforce the server rules and it is nothing personal.

---------------------------------------------------------
Mr. Vice joined my agency about a month ago and has already proven to me that he is an extremely capable leader with exponential activity and professionalism. I rarely do +1s, especially for a Brit, but I truly believe that Mr. Vice will do this community good.

Texas sized +1

RE: Vice Staff Application - Max Stiner - 04-15-2021

+1 mickey is an OG and a clean Marshal. Good man

Vice Staff Application - Pendred - 04-17-2021

Thank you for applying to the Diverge Networks staff team!
It is my pleasure to inform you that your application has been accepted.

Please ensure that you have read and understood the Staff Handbook.
Contact myself or another member of Management on Discord for training and to get setup.