Diverge Networks
Ryan's Staff Application - Printable Version

+- Diverge Networks (https://divergenetworks.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Community Management (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Staff Applications (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+---- Forum: Accepted (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+---- Thread: Ryan's Staff Application (/showthread.php?tid=1212)

Ryan's Staff Application - Mr. Hare - 04-17-2021

In-Game Name(s): Ryan Dalgleish
Steam Name: Mr.Hare
Steam Profile Link: https://steamcommunity.com/id/rattydee/
Steam ID: 76561198044713452    STEAM_0:0:42223862
Discord Username: Mr. Hare#0806
Total playtime on Server (Do !time in-game):
Time Zone: GMT
How much time can you realistically dedicate to moderating?: I can Do moderation All day when I am on, Giving that I am not in any roleplay situations, However I can dedicate around 4-6 Hours A day
Have you read the rules?: Yes, I have read the rules and I Usually do read up on them from time to time for any changes to them
Do you have a working microphone?: Yes I have a working Mic and am happy to use it!
Do you acknowledge that you must attend all staff meetings (Unless you have stated why you cannot beforehand): Yes, I am happy with attending meetings as they are needed to keep everyone on the same page so we know Whats going on
Are you familiarized with SAM and/or Nutscript commands?: Yes and no, I have been staff on Nutscript servers such as hl2rp however Im sure I can pick them up quickly again!
Do you acknowledge that lying on this application will result in immediate denial and blacklisting from staff?: Yep I accept That!
-------------------------------------------------
Long Answer
Questions proceeded with an asterix require a response of 5 Sentences Minimum.

What is your motivation/reason for applying?:  Honestly, My reason for applying is that I see alot of people needing help on the server, And complaining that the staff time is to slow, I hope that with me applying and if I get accepted that I could try and help with that. I also have quite alot of experience with doing staff work Not to long ago I ran my own servers And was staff on quite a few serious RP servers so I know what Im doing So I wont require Any hand holding other than maybe a refresher on some obscure commands. My Motivation For applying would be that i really do like this community, It has been such a long time since I have found one that i actually can have fun on with nice people, So I am hoping to give back to this community for everything that it has given me. On a last note I hope to learn aid and help in anyway that i can Im not to sure on what is needing done but i hope to get my hands dirty with working and helping people out, Not just that but I also do Enjoy Doing staff work, It makes me feel happy knowing I Am keeping players happy and playing on the server

Why should you be considered over other candidates?: I Beleive that you should pick me over others because I operate in a different Time zone to most other staff members that I have seen, Time and time again I have seen people asking for staff or "Are any staff on" And they cant get help, However It would be good to have a staff member on during those needed times to you have full coverage for your players, I am also Mature and experienced in the staff roll Not to mention I am a nice guy who Is known on the server by a lot of people, I Beleive that I am deserving of the staff role as well giving that I tend to help a lot of new players and answer any ones question that i see regarding in game stuff or rules etc, I also beleive that You should pick me over others mostly because At least from what I have seen it seems like there are not enough staff members to deal with the amount of players in need of help, So I feel like It would be a wise decision to Add an experienced staff member to your team who knows what they are doing and how to deal with players No matter the situation

Do you have any previous staffing experience? (Please list where, what position and how long): I was an Admin On Lemonpunch hl2 RP for around 5 Months before it shutdown I got in a little later in their timeline I have also ran my own servers ranging from DarkRP to hl2rp and Alien V Predator RP

Have you been banned before on any of our servers? If so, why?: No I have never gotten banned nor any warnings from your staff team or servers

Would you say that you are well known in our community, what's your reputation, what do other members think of you?:  Yes, I would say that I am pretty well known in the server, I am currently with the shamrock And in the past i was with the Japanese at the diamond, I have been working with a lot of players through deals and trades and have made a lot of contacts in game and even some friends [This is all I can think of to say]

Have any staff members recommended you? If so, list their names: N/A
-------------------------------------------------
Problem Solving
Detail step by step exactly the actions you would take.

Someone RDMs and you are currently off-duty. How do you handle this?: First I would Cloak myself And go to a rooftop to where no one can see I would then teleport the player and try to talk to them about that happened If they just say they shot them then I would issue them a warning However If they Leave I would Ask an Admin to ban them and give them their steam ID and reason, However If they RDM again I would Issue A kick

You have seen a fellow staff member of higher or equal rank than you abusing fairly often, but never doing anything too noticeable. What do you do?: First I would get evidence of them doing it, Then i would bring it up to either a senior administrator or Any manager

A very good friend of yours joins the server. Over the course of an hour, you’ve received multiple complaints about them not following rules, RDM’ing, and minging. How do you proceed knowing this can affect your friendship with them?: I would simply state that I am friends with the person and that I would like another staff member to deal with them so our friendship does not get effected, however if none are on I would tell them to stop and If not then I would need to give them a warning, If i am a staff member then i have a position to uphold and I will do what is needed

RE: Ryan's Staff Application - Baldrick - 04-20-2021

+1 Seems like he has experience.

RE: Ryan's Staff Application - Pepe - 04-21-2021

+1 really nice guy and is very competent for the job

RE: Ryan's Staff Application - dandead10 - 04-23-2021

+1. I know the guy personally. He's a cool guy, and would be a fitting moderator that makes fair decisions.

Ryan's Staff Application - Pendred - 04-24-2021

Thank you for applying to the Diverge Networks staff team!
It is my pleasure to inform you that your application has been accepted.

Please ensure that you have read and understood the Staff Handbook.
Contact myself or another member of Management on Discord for training and to get setup.