Diverge Networks
Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms - Printable Version

+- Diverge Networks (https://divergenetworks.com/forums)
+-- Forum: 1980s Mafia Roleplay (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Faction Applications (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=22)
+---- Forum: Denied (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=28)
+---- Thread: Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms (/showthread.php?tid=1273)

Pages: 1 2

Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms - wackyTiger - 04-25-2021

Name of Faction: Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms

Number of Members (Minimum of 5): 0 members since it needs to be an official faction than unofficial, but the cap would be 17 for the employee roster if accepted

Type Of Faction (Family, Triad, Street Gang, etc): Federal Agency (Legal Faction)

Ethnic Background (Italian, Greek, African American, Irish, etc): N/A (if official, we’ll hire everyone no matter their race)

Your Discord # (ex: gamer#4210): wackyTiger#7899

Your Faction Discord link (If you have one): Currently being made

Organization Backstory (Min. of 250+ Words & any images): 

July 1st, 1972

The treasury agency originally acting as ATF were tax collectors, collecting taxes on alcohol and tobacco. Due to tax evaders, the agency was granted permission to execute law enforcement toward alcohol and tobacco, turning it from a tax collecting treasury department into a federal agency tasked with investigating and apprehending dealers of alcohol and tobacco.

Over many years to come, weapons started becoming popular amongst New Yorkers in the 70s, which resulted in many groups or persons of interests showcasing illegal weaponry for sale. The agency was given a third and separate task, to track down dealers or manufacturing of illegal sales revolving around weaponry, as many deaths in the city were resulted in the hands of firearms.

Another issue that came to mind was explosives. Over the years, explosives would be used maliciously, mainly for terrorist attacks. The ATF decided that they would handle alcohol, tobacco, firearms, and explosives from getting to the reach of civilians who would use said items for malicious intent.

The main purpose of the ATF is to track down all sources of manufacture, transfer, and sales of alcohol, tobacco, firearms, and explosives. They are also tasked in investigating said sales in order to apprehend the buyer and the dealer themselves.

I am currently applying for the ATF to become official or approved once again as the DEA has recently became an official faction, and with the ATF we will be able to grant many more possibilities to offer than what the DEA does. They are given one singular mission, and that is to stop the distribution of narcotics of reaching civilian use, while we offer many more possibilities than the tracking of drugs and their usage.

RE: Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms - Mio Honda - 04-25-2021

-1 Just no ATF was mingy and had no real direction DEA is already a stretch, fuck off our gov factions are bassically empty and stretched thin enough

RE: Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms - wackyTiger - 04-25-2021

(04-25-2021, 03:40 AM)Mio Honda Wrote: -1 Just no ATF was mingy and had no real direction DEA is already a stretch, fuck off our gov factions are bassically empty and stretched thin enough

First of all, I appreciate constructive criticism without toxicity. Second of all, ATF was never mingey, they were removed for inactivity (at least that’s what I remember).

This application is an attempt at doing way more than the DEA than you’d ever imagine. This application also serves as a revamp for the inactive ATF that never received a good reputation, and I want that to change to an active and good governmental faction.

RE: Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms - Guitar Guy - 04-25-2021

-1 I think this is too soon with DEA just being brought in. Just unnecessary.

RE: Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms - wackyTiger - 04-25-2021

(04-25-2021, 04:43 AM)Guitar Guy Wrote: -1 I think this is too soon with DEA just being brought in. Just unnecessary.

DEA was brought in a week or two and already pulled off some raids.

RE: Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms - Guitar Guy - 04-25-2021

(04-25-2021, 04:54 AM)wackyTiger Wrote:
(04-25-2021, 04:43 AM)Guitar Guy Wrote: -1 I think this is too soon with DEA just being brought in. Just unnecessary.

DEA was brought in a week or two and already pulled off some raids.
still i think the DEA is enough right now

RE: Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms - robert - 04-25-2021

-1 FBI and DEA already does the job you're suggesting. DEA is already just a stretch on FBI's jurisdiction. Not all of the alphabet agencies have to be nestled in a small part of New York.

RE: Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms - Michael Flanagan - 04-25-2021

-1 no go away

RE: Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms - Cocohop - 04-25-2021

We already have FBI and DEA as many have said. To add yet another Law Enforcement faction might deliver a death sentence to the NYPD as everyone now wants to be a part of those agencies instead of the NYPD. I think what we have is enough.

RE: Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms - Baldrick - 04-25-2021

-1 We already have enough law enforcement this is not needed.