Diverge Networks
Bentai Staff Application - Printable Version

+- Diverge Networks (https://divergenetworks.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Community Management (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Staff Applications (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+---- Forum: Denied (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+---- Thread: Bentai Staff Application (/showthread.php?tid=1338)

Bentai Staff Application - Bentai - 05-05-2021

In-Game Name(s)

Oliver Taylor, Martin Castro

Steam Name 

Bentai

Steam Profile Link

Steam ID

STEAM_0:1:176880431

Discord Username

Bentai#6339

Total playtime on Server

155 Hours

Time Zone

Pacific Standard Time (PST)

How much time can you realistically dedicate to moderating?

2-4 Hours per day

Have you read the rules?

Yes

Do you have a working microphone?

Yes

Do you acknowledge that you must attend all staff meetings

Yes

Are you familiarized with SAM and/or Nutscript commands

No

Do you acknowledge that lying on this application will result in immediate denial and blacklisting from staff?

Yes

What is your motivation/reason for applying?:  

My reason for applying is that I really enjoy the server and the community, and want to help it prosper. I believe that I can make the staff team grow by giving it a good reputation. And I can make the community grow by helping new players enjoy the server so they can hopefully refer a friend or two. I really enjoy this server so getting staff would mean alot to me, even if some of the recurring players do get on my nervs sometimes I would never take sides in a sit do to IC or personal issues. Also, becoming a staff member would be nice because I can get familiarized with Nutscript commands, etc.

Why should you be considered over other candidates?

Due to my past experience as a staff member on other servers, I believe that I have a skillset that would be useful for any staff member to have. I am strict, but not in a condescending way, and I know how to deal with minges. I can also provide extremely fast ticket response times even if it means cutting time out of my own RP. I can use these skills to help enrichen the player’s experiences and more. On Icefuse CityRP and other DarkRP servers I had to deal with many situations that gave me decent staffing knowledge.

Do you have any previous staffing experience?

Yes, I was staff on an Icefuse CityRP and a server that was known as ICE Community. I staffed on both for around six months.

Have you been banned before on any of our servers?

Yes, I have one ban for LTARP from when I first started playing.

Would you say that you are well known in our community, what's your reputation, what do other members think of you?

I think that other community members would be able to recognize my name because I am very active on the discord and forums. All of my interactions have been mostly positive with players and staff. Whether it be meeting new friends on the server, replying/creating posts on the forums, or suggesting ideas for the server in discord I never seem to have issues with anybody. Of course I have negative experiences once in a blue moon, but who doesn’t? Usually it is just minges I have issues with, when I do.

Someone RDMs and you are currently off-duty. How do you handle this?

I would call in a ticket for another staff member to handle it because I think that any ticket involving me as a victim/suspect can only end in my favour, assuming I that take it.

You have seen a fellow staff member of higher or equal rank than you abusing fairly often, but never doing anything too noticeable. What do you do?

If I see a staff member abusing fairly often I will contact somebody higher than him/her and notify them of the staff members actions, after that it is up to the higher up if they want to punish the abuser or not.

A very good friend of yours joins the server. Over the course of an hour, you’ve received multiple complaints about them not following rules, RDM’ing, and minging. How do you proceed knowing this can affect your friendship with them?:

I would treat him/her like any other player, if they decide to unfriend me over Garry’s Mod they were fake anyways.

RE: Bentai Staff Application - ayo - 05-08-2021

Negative (-1)
After looking how you are as a member of the community, you seem pretty active and have an alright presence in the community, which is an essential to be a staff member. Your application looks nice but its very bold, the questions are answered as if you were taking a random survey on the street. I, overall see that you want to become a staff member but from what I can see from your application you only want to become staff to staff. The staff team should doing more than banning a minge or two. You should be expressing your opinions on staff/faction applications, attending meetings to hear community feedback, +1/-1 suggestions, and so on. From what I can see, you don't do that aside from some simple comments on some faction applications and some one-liners in the suggestions (on the discord). In my eyes you're eager to be staff, but you just don't fit what the staff team should be. I'm sorry but I've gotta -1 this.

Bentai Staff Application - Canadian-bacon - 05-14-2021

Thank you for applying to the Diverge Networks staff team.
Unfortunately, your application has been denied.

You may apply again in 30 days. You may apply sooner if you receive permission from a Head Administrator or higher.