Diverge Networks
RedruM's Application (To Pursue GM) - Printable Version

+- Diverge Networks (https://divergenetworks.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Community Management (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Staff Applications (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+---- Forum: Accepted (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+---- Thread: RedruM's Application (To Pursue GM) (/showthread.php?tid=1415)

Pages: 1 2

RedruM's Application (To Pursue GM) - The Gent - 05-16-2021

In-Game Name(s): Corrado D'Amiano, Carlo D'Amiano, Dean Martin, and Nello C. Crocetta
Steam Name: RedruM Inc.
Steam Profile Link: https://steamcommunity.com/id/RedruMinc/
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:100657981
Discord Username: RedruM#0001
Total playtime on Server (Do !time in-game): 2w 2d 10h 46m as of writing this application
Time Zone: Eastern Standard Time
How much time can you realistically dedicate to moderating?: As the staff quota has been removed and I wish to pursue GM moreso than continuing higher into staff team, I would realistically be able to fulfill my moderation duties when the situations are dire (ex. Someone is MassRDMing, A large amount of minges are running around, or if important tickets are piling up with no other staff to take them) In terms of my frequency online, Ill be able to play weekend mostly all day as I normally do and on weekdays usually any time after 4pm EST is good for me to be online.

Have you read the rules?: Yes as well as all of the PK Guidelines, which are in a channel all to themselves on my faction's discord.

Do you have a working microphone?: Yes

Do you acknowledge that you must attend all staff meetings (Unless you have stated why you cannot beforehand): Yes

Are you familiarized with SAM and/or Nutscript commands?: Mostly, but I would like a rundown of important commands or any keybinds that may make the job easier. As I said before, I wish to pursue Gamemaster over anything else and I know for a fact I know everything I need to for that role.

Do you acknowledge that lying on this application will result in immediate denial and blacklisting from staff?: Yes
-------------------------------------------------
Long Answer
Questions proceeded with an asterix require a response of 5 Sentences Minimum.

What is your motivation/reason for applying?:  For the year and a half that I have been a part of the Mafia genre of Roleplay in Garry's Mod, I have never seen a server with such great plugins, features, and development.. However, it can not go without saying that Diverge has been struggling heavily the maintain the Roleplay aspect of the community. My motivation for applying is so that I can pursue the role of Gamemaster and provide ALL factions with meaningful and well thought out events. I have proven before in the Diverge Discord's Event-Suggestion's tab that I have the capabilities to create compelling and interesting events for the community that I have been a part of so long. I have mentioned to other staff members either in text or voice chat already, I may not end up being the most productive Moderator, but when I am able to take on the job of Gamemaster, I will show efficiency on a scale this server's community has not seen yet.  
Why should you be considered over other candidates?:  I have been a part of this community for as long as one could hope to be. I have never experienced a roleplay genre in ANY game, let alone gmod, that I was so hooked into continue playing. With that being said, it is also fair to assume that I can know and understand what the veterans within this community want to see with the server's roleplay direction. These veterans are the same people that keep the server going with their factions, their roleplay, their events, and their personalities, but it cannot be left up to just them. If I am able to pursue Gamemaster, I want to be the roleplay link to the players that has been missing from this server for so long. The amount of love I have for this server cannot be overstated, as I have put money into the development, put forward probably close to a hundred different well thought out suggestions, and I continue to voice what I believe is right for this community, even if it comes off as harsh at times. I want to see the best for Diverge as it is one of the only server's I ever seen in the close to 6,000 hours I have in GMod that actively works on itself and tries its best despite the limitations of this 2003 game. 
Do you have any previous staffing experience? (Please list where, what position and how long): I have, but I wouldn't considering it very meaningful as the server's I staffed on have came and went. I was an Administrator with the Grox Gaming Kingdom Roleplay Server for around 3 months and a Moderator on Cyberplex Gaming's Star Wars Imperial Occupation Roleplay for about 2 months. In terms of real life staffing experience, I have worked in management positions in retail in the past and currently do electrical work, which involves a lot of social skills, staffing abilities, and patience.  
Have you been banned before on any of our servers? If so, why?:
 2021-03-22 01:19:53
Phoon 2.0 (STEAM_0:1:100657981)
1 day (Unbanned)
Recoil

2021-03-12 02:18:56
1 day 12 hours (Unbanned)
Cosmothecat

2021-03-09 04:03:03
2 hours (Unbanned)

Rem

Would you say that you are well known in our community, what's your reputation, what do other members think of you?:  I would say that a lot of people know me by my characters and anyone that has played with me in game can vouch for the fact that I love this roleplay genre and only want to see it continue in the right direction. As with anyone that has played in a community for going on two years, I have made my enemies in roleplay, but I would hope that even my enemies understand my roleplay abilities and drive to want to see those same abilities passed on to the rest of the community. 
Have any staff members recommended you? If so, list their names: Gollo / Kolico, Cajun
-------------------------------------------------
Problem Solving
Detail step by step exactly the actions you would take.

Someone RDMs and you are currently off-duty. How do you handle this?: Considering it is a quick fix, I would go on duty really quickly, handle the RDM either through a sit or through direct punishment if witnessed, then proceed to roleplay after the situation has been handled
You have seen a fellow staff member of higher or equal rank than you abusing fairly often, but never doing anything too noticeable. What do you do?: If it has been a noticeable issue that has not already been addressed by the UA or Pendred, I would begin to spectate the staff member in vanish when tickets are not coming in and watch what they do. If any abuse is seen, I would simply save the clip from NVidia Capture and post a staff report and link it to the UA so it could be resolved.
A very good friend of yours joins the server. Over the course of an hour, you’ve received multiple complaints about them not following rules, RDM’ing, and minging. How do you proceed knowing this can affect your friendship with them?: Considering it's just a video game and that I warn anyone I bring to this server prior about the rules already, they would be treated all the same as any other player breaking the rules. Their ban would reflect the actions they did just as anyone else has. Special treatment has been a large issue in the community for some time, not just on this server, and I have always been willing to look past friendships in order to maintain the bigger picture.
---------------------------------------------------------

RE: RedruM's Application (To Pursue GM) - BoopyDoop - 05-16-2021

+1
Overall good app
great RP'er , regularly holds large events for the community and generally makes the server more fun for others.

RE: RedruM's Application (To Pursue GM) - Taco. - 05-16-2021

+1 literally most of the events gm do are cause of this guy, most voted in event suggestions every single time he post i think it'd be a fantastic addition into the GM squad.

RE: RedruM's Application (To Pursue GM) - prototyp333 - 05-16-2021

+1 an overall good guy who is genuinely interested in helping the server unlike some people.

RE: RedruM's Application (To Pursue GM) - Scar - 05-16-2021

+1 He would make a great GM for Diverge, I seen him do a few things with Murder Inc and he can do much more with a few more commands.

RE: RedruM's Application (To Pursue GM) - Baldrick - 05-16-2021

+1 Would be a great GM. I also think he has learnt his mistakes from past bans.

RE: RedruM's Application (To Pursue GM) - Mikey - 05-16-2021

+1 Good RPer and a Good faction leader.

RE: RedruM's Application (To Pursue GM) - KingDoodle - 05-16-2021

+1 I've been next to his guy pretty much all my time in mafia rp, has pushed for rp and good gameplay across it all.

RE: RedruM's Application (To Pursue GM) - Sydney - 05-16-2021

Huge +1. I've known him for a while now and he's one of the best and most dedicated roleplayers on the server. I 100% think that he could change roleplay for the better and would be an essential member of the staff team.

RE: RedruM's Application (To Pursue GM) - Sevv - 05-16-2021

Massive +1. I have known Gent since around the time I started really getting into Mafia rp. This guy is one of the most dedicated and honest roleplayers I have meet here. If there is anyone to be made staff its him he would greatly benefit this community as a whole.