Diverge Networks
Ban Appeal - Jackal - Printable Version

+- Diverge Networks (https://divergenetworks.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Community Management (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Ban Appeals (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+---- Forum: Denied (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=15)
+---- Thread: Ban Appeal - Jackal (/showthread.php?tid=1437)

Ban Appeal - Jackal - Jackal - 05-19-2021

Reason for ban: Attempted RDM in of a person in a sit

Length of ban: 1 Day

Reason for appeal (dispute/apology): Dispute

Why should you be unbanned? 
So I was hunting down a person of interest who vexed me in RP and didn't die. When I mention "hunting" I mean over the course of like 2-3 minutes so a reasonable amount of time and acceptable amount of time between the vex and the time in which I was banned. I knew of his appearance and stuff associated with it. I.E. a bank robber outfit and the associated mask. As a result, I was lurking on the rooftops to gain the best vantage point while also making sure I wasn't seen actively seeking him out. Now as I am looking around hovering over city hall I see the same exact outfit climb up on my roof and actively moving around. I would like to note that from my POV, granted I don't have the recording, it wasn't a sit in which they were brought to a secluded roof or randomly TP'd up there. They were on the roofs by cityhall, a very active area, where I legit just saw the dude.  Anyway, soon after I spot him I take shots a few shots and notice he hasn't dropped so I make my escape to one of the hotel room windows. From there I am subsequently frozen and banned with no chance to defend myself, find out that it was an actual sit, or anything that would happen traditionally in a sit.

Additional Information (images, videos, etc): 

While I have no proof of this occurring I do want to note that Akuma, the staff handling this circumstance, didn't really give me a chance to appropriately defend myself or anything of the sort as mentioned above. Knowing now that it was a sit I understand the need to address the issue. However, I feel as though the punishment appropriate in this situation would've been a verbal or literal warning as to be more cautious when pursuing a target and opening fire. Furthermore, I also want to further address the fact that I had no indication that it was a sit whatsoever and couldn't have known. Again from my perspective it seemed to be two people talking on the roof while I guess the staff member was invisible as usual only able to see their stunstick or whatever. 

RE: Ban Appeal - Jackal - robert - 05-19-2021

+1

was there for the entire situation, purely misunderstanding but Akuma should have given you a chance to explain yourself

RE: Ban Appeal - Jackal - Rowdy - 05-19-2021

We were on a sit room.... also I was the one wearing the same outfit as whoever you were hunting. Which your shots clearly weren’t meant for me as you gunned down a man in normal clothing that I was in a sit with. Then when I froze you and asked a reason you proceeded to play a soundboard.

RE: Ban Appeal - Jackal - Jackal - 05-19-2021

(05-19-2021, 04:36 AM)Rowdy Wrote: We were on a sit room.... also I was the one wearing the same outfit as whoever you were hunting. Which your shots clearly weren’t meant for me as you gunned down a man in normal clothing that I was in a sit with. Then when I froze you and asked a reason you proceeded to play a soundboard.
Wait you think I was playing a soundboard?! I was literally talking to you in voice chat saying "Oh was that not the right guy" and "Oh were you guys in a sit." I would like to see where I was using a soundboard, assuming there is proof, and why micspamming/minging also wasn't tossed into the ban reason. As for the shots not connecting with you and rather hitting the normal clothed guy maybe it could've been attributable to lag or my shit aim but regardless no malice was present and I've clarified here and tried to ingame. Regardless, you didn't ask for a reason as to why I shot, from my POV, and is why I was trying to explain to you why I was shooting.

EDIT : At this point I don't doubt that some clientside, my end or Akuma's, or even a serverside issue could've been present since I think I've had this kindof situation occur in which I can only see the stunstick that a staff member has but can't hear him. However, this hasn't happened to me as of late but this issue I had didn't also coincide with me miraculously playing a soundboard without my knowing. Also, I literally don't even have a soundboard installed on my computer with the exception of teamspeak and also would be content with showing appropriate files to prove that as well. Furthermore, I feel as though if I actually did do everything Akuma has said I wouldn't have bothered making an appeal for a few reasons. First, I wouldn't want to risk an extension on my ban. Second, I would have nothing to reasonably stand on to defend myself.

Also, are we really gonna overlook the actual ban reason. "Attempted RDM in of a person in a sit" this in of itself indicates the ban itself was rushed as well.

RE: Ban Appeal - Jackal - Swigs - 05-19-2021

(05-19-2021, 04:36 AM)Rowdy Wrote: We were on a sit room.... also I was the one wearing the same outfit as whoever you were hunting. Which your shots clearly weren’t meant for me as you gunned down a man in normal clothing that I was in a sit with. Then when I froze you and asked a reason you proceeded to play a soundboard.

The staff team probably shouldn't be using the city hall roof, which is incredibly accessible to any player as a sit location. Many locations on the map provide for good sit areas.

RE: Ban Appeal - Jackal - Rowdy - 05-19-2021

Ive received multiple vouches on the situation on your behalf i will be repealing the ban.

RE: Ban Appeal - Jackal - ZOOMER - 05-19-2021

Please provide your steam username and steamID within 24 hours of this reply please, thank you.

RE: Ban Appeal - Jackal - Soler - 05-19-2021

+1 Yea i noticed that as well. Akuma doesnt pull you into sits at all you simply get banned straight away without a opportunity to defend yourself

RE: Ban Appeal - Jackal - Jackal - 05-19-2021

(05-19-2021, 08:08 AM)ZOOMER Wrote: Please provide your steam username and steamID within 24 hours of this reply please, thank you.
Yeah my bad I guess I forgot those parts from the format. Probably just accidentally deleted them. STEAM_0:0:69077674 and the username is "i'm so happy" but I'm already unbanned.

Ban Appeal - Jackal - ZOOMER - 05-20-2021

Thread moved to denied since the ban is served.