Diverge Networks
rob's staff application - Printable Version

+- Diverge Networks (https://divergenetworks.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Community Management (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Staff Applications (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+---- Forum: Accepted (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+---- Thread: rob's staff application (/showthread.php?tid=1451)

rob's staff application - robert - 05-21-2021

In-Game Name(s): William Gunn, James Monte (RIP)
Steam Name: robert
Steam Profile Link: https://steamcommunity.com/id/wawadotcom
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:52718643
Discord Username: Snapdragon#7282
Total playtime on Server (Do !time in-game): 5d 15h 56m
Time Zone: US MT
How much time can you realistically dedicate to moderating?: Most of my time. I'm not very interested in roleplaying (outside of GMing) aside from doing some menial stuff on another character.
Have you read the rules?: Yes
Do you have a working microphone?: Yes
Do you acknowledge that you must attend all staff meetings (Unless you have stated why you cannot beforehand): Yes
Are you familiarized with SAM and/or Nutscript commands?: Yes
Do you acknowledge that lying on this application will result in immediate denial and blacklisting from staff?: Yes
-------------------------------------------------
Long Answer
Questions proceeded with an asterix require a response of 5 Sentences Minimum.

What is your motivation/reason for applying?:  I'd like to apply to earn a spot as GM and assist in taking tickets. I find myself making a ton of tickets but most often I'll wait 20-30 minutes just to talk to someone. I would like to run future events, and I recall people enjoying my events on MP. Although I am applying to eventually become a GM, I am also interested in completing tickets since it's somewhat cathartic.

Why should you be considered over other candidates?:  I have past experience on the precursor to this server, and I've proven I'm not interested in mingery and abusing my position. With my time on MP, I've weathered leadership changes, pedophilic accusations (not against me), and other miscellaneous drama. I know a lot of faces on here from MP, and I know that gives me an advantage over other applicants. Not only that, but I enjoy doing tickets. I've racked up hundreds of tickets on other servers.

Do you have any previous staffing experience? (Please list where, what position and how long): Mobster's Paradise, Developer/Staff (Pre/Post 2.0). 

Have you been banned before on any of our servers? If so, why?: Yes, posting "taxley" in taxi request. 30 Minute Ban.

Would you say that you are well known in our community, what's your reputation, what do other members think of you?:  I've roleplayed quite a bit on MP which carries over to Diverge. I'm also well known among many of the families, and I've sold many Pac3 components. Among my aliases, I've contributed quite a lot to the RP of the server. I participate in conversation on the discord as well. 

Have any staff members recommended you? If so, list their names: No
-------------------------------------------------
Problem Solving
Detail step by step exactly the actions you would take.

Someone RDMs and you are currently off-duty. How do you handle this?: I ask another staff member to handle it to avoid potential bias.

You have seen a fellow staff member of higher or equal rank than you abusing fairly often, but never doing anything too noticeable. What do you do?: I record what I deem worthy to report to a manager or head staff. Abuse isn't tolerated even if by a HA.

A very good friend of yours joins the server. Over the course of an hour, you’ve received multiple complaints about them not following rules, RDM’ing, and minging. How do you proceed knowing this can affect your friendship with them?: If they minge, it doesn't matter what ties I have with them if they're not willing to follow the rules. I take the appropriate action necessary and warn/kick/ban depending on the severity of their actions.

RE: rob's staff application - vasectomy - 05-23-2021

hahah it's short (like your dick, haha, get it? That was a test, I hope you're carefully reading and focused because I'm about to tell you something)

No but seriously you should take a look at other staff application (or my previous thread, the ban appeal of course) to get a grasp of what a staff app/any serious thread regarding the server should be made, because if there was a compariative for your staff application VS my ban appeal (for reference only, don't take this as something condescending), basically your staff application's compariative would be a beta male, while my ban appeal would be a sigma male. I hope you understand the nuance and understand that I said sigma and not alpha male. You see, an alpha male is going to be very loud about it, meanwhile on my side (the sigma male I remind you) I stay calm, because you can basically win any argument by being calm. The weight of the argument of my opponent does not matter if I stay calm. This way, I get every of my thread accepted, whether it would be a ban appeal, a staff application or a staff report, it works in every situation involving arguments.

Anyhoo, normally Monsieur Robert, I would say, au revoir. But since what au revoir actually means is, till I see you again, and since I never wish to see you again, to you sir, I say, goodbye.

It's a -1 from me.

RE: rob's staff application - robert - 05-23-2021

(05-23-2021, 04:55 AM)vasectomy Wrote: hahah it's short (like your dick, haha, get it? That was a test, I hope you're carefully reading and focused because I'm about to tell you something)

No but seriously you should take a look at other staff application (or my previous thread, the ban appeal of course) to get a grasp of what a staff app/any serious thread regarding the server should be made, because if there was a compariative for your staff application VS my ban appeal (for reference only, don't take this as something condescending), basically your staff application's compariative would be a beta male, while my ban appeal would be a sigma male. I hope you understand the nuance and understand that I said sigma and not alpha male. You see, an alpha male is going to be very loud about it, meanwhile on my side (the sigma male I remind you) I stay calm, because you can basically win any argument by being calm. The weight of the argument of my opponent does not matter if I stay calm. This way, I get every of my thread accepted, whether it would be a ban appeal, a staff application or a staff report, it works in every situation involving arguments.

Anyhoo, normally Monsieur Robert, I would say, au revoir. But since what au revoir actually means is, till I see you again, and since I never wish to see you again, to you sir, I say, goodbye.

It's a -1 from me.

what

RE: rob's staff application - shrimps - 05-23-2021

+1 cool ass developer, can be a bit of a fucking memer every now and then, but he's more than capable of using his brain to handle tickets.

RE: rob's staff application - Swigs - 05-23-2021

+1, bit of a shitposting ape but when he actually takes things seriously he gets the job done.

rob's staff application - Pendred - 05-23-2021

Thank you for applying to the Diverge Networks staff team!
It is my pleasure to inform you that your application has been accepted.

Contact myself or another member of Management on Discord for training and to get setup.