Diverge Networks
Swigs - Staff Application - Printable Version

+- Diverge Networks (https://divergenetworks.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Community Management (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Staff Applications (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+---- Forum: Accepted (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+---- Thread: Swigs - Staff Application (/showthread.php?tid=1470)

Swigs - Staff Application - Swigs - 05-23-2021

In-Game Name(s): Ethan Bay, Officer Dylan Klein

Steam Name: swigs 
Steam Profile Link: https://steamcommunity.com/id/fatassidot
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:60803091
Discord Username: Swigs#0020
Total playtime on Server (Do !time in-game): 5d 22h 46m
Time Zone: Mountain Standard
How much time can you realistically dedicate to moderating?: School is almost ending for me so I can dedicate about 3-4 hours minimum a day.
Have you read the rules?: Yes
Do you have a working microphone?: Yes
Do you acknowledge that you must attend all staff meetings (Unless you have stated why you cannot beforehand): Yes
Are you familiarized with SAM and/or Nutscript commands?: Yes
Do you acknowledge that lying on this application will result in immediate denial and blacklisting from staff?: Yes
-------------------------------------------------
Long Answer
Questions proceeded with an asterix require a response of 5 Sentences Minimum.

What is your motivation/reason for applying?: I have a few main reasons I want to apply for staff on this server. Since I’ve joined I’ve seen specific areas where I believe I could assist the team, for example, the RP/GM team and events they host. I believe with previous experience I could help assist the teams with creating good events and RP scenarios. I also applied to help deal with the ticket overflow which seems to be common on this server as many people ask for staff to assist them. I would also like to assist the general player base actively, creating a sense of reliability within the staff team so players can see that we do care about them and wish to keep them playing.

Why should you be considered over other candidates?: In my 3300 hours of playing GMod, I have spent quite a good amount of time doing staff work on many servers. I’ve dealt with DarkRP a few times, MilitaryRP and many more servers. Because of these past experiences as staff in many different game modes, I have learned how to deal with many situations accordingly and how to resolve them to satisfy both parties if needed. One of my other reasons for applying is based on the RP/GM team. I’ve been a gamemaster on Military Roleplay servers, Star Wars RP and MafiaRP on Mobsters and I have dealt with many RP scenarios and I know how to run them and keep players invested and encourage them to do more realistic RP in the future. 

Do you have any previous staffing experience? (Please list where, what position and how long):
Garnet Gaming DarkRP - Senior Moderator, Moderator
Garnet Gaming MilitaryRP - Moderator
Garnet Gaming StarWarsRP - Gamemaster
Valken Networks MilitaryRP - Moderator + Gamemaster
Crix PoliceRP - Moderator
Mobsters Paradise MafiaRP - Trial Administrator on the RP Management Team

Have you been banned before on any of our servers? If so, why?: No

Would you say that you are well known in our community, what's your reputation, what do other members think of you?:  I wouldn’t say I’m super well known in the community, and if anyone does know me it is likely because of my faction Bay Financial Group as I post advertisements in-game every now and then. I do sometimes talk in discord, usually joking around with friends or just participating in the conversation on the topic. I also may be known from my previous association with the Macleod Firm faction before I created Bay Financial.

Have any staff members recommended you? If so, list their names: N/A
-------------------------------------------------
Problem Solving
Detail step by step exactly the actions you would take.

Someone RDMs and you are currently off-duty. How do you handle this?: Since I wasn’t attacked and the attack was toward someone else I would leave it up to that person to make a ticket. In the situation a ticket is made and I am able to take it I would take it and ask both parties about the situation and follow punishment guidelines to ensure everything goes smooth.

You have seen a fellow staff member of higher or equal rank than you abusing fairly often, but never doing anything too noticeable. What do you do?: I would build up evidence over a period of time and report it to someone in a position where they can punish the member of staff abusing their power accordingly.

A very good friend of yours joins the server. Over the course of an hour, you’ve received multiple complaints about them not following rules, RDM’ing, and minging. How do you proceed knowing this can affect your friendship with them?: I would take a ticket against them, let them know of their wrongdoings then punish them accordingly. If they willingly joined the server, didn’t read any rules and proceeded to break them, they are deserving of the ban, friend or not.
---------------------------------------------------------

RE: Swigs - Staff Application - Josh - 05-23-2021

eh...

+1

RE: Swigs - Staff Application - shrimps - 05-23-2021

Back on the MP 1.0 days, Swigs worked very closely with me on the RP management team, and we were simultaneously admin and mod of the week, respectively. This guy is an absolute beast.

+1

RE: Swigs - Staff Application - AlexLV - 05-24-2021

scots

RE: Swigs - Staff Application - robert - 05-24-2021

+1

I trust this guy with my life, however he has a little brain damage

RE: Swigs - Staff Application - yort - 05-25-2021

+1 swigs would be a great addition to the staff team. He has the experience and knowledge.

RE: Swigs - Staff Application - Baldrick - 05-25-2021

+1 Would be a good addition to staff.

Swigs - Staff Application - Pendred - 05-26-2021

Thank you for applying to the Diverge Networks staff team!
It is my pleasure to inform you that your application has been accepted.

Contact myself or another member of Management on Discord for training and to get setup.