Diverge Networks
Jackal - Staff Application - Printable Version

+- Diverge Networks (https://divergenetworks.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Community Management (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Staff Applications (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+---- Forum: Accepted (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+---- Thread: Jackal - Staff Application (/showthread.php?tid=1519)

Jackal - Staff Application - Jackal - 05-30-2021

In-Game Name(s): Rory Campbell

Steam Name: Jackal

Steam Profile Link: https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198098421076/

Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:69077674

Discord Username: Jackal#2290

Total playtime on Server (Do !time in-game): Your total time is 1w 3d 4h 20m.

Time Zone: EST

How much time can you realistically dedicate to moderating?: Depending on the day and IRL engagements it can range but rest assured I can dedicate a minimum of around 4-6 hours.

Have you read the rules?: Yes

Do you have a working microphone?: Yes

Do you acknowledge that you must attend all staff meetings (Unless you have stated why you cannot beforehand): Yes

Are you familiarized with SAM and/or Nutscript commands?: No but I have extensive experience on MRP and DRP so I feel as though I can pickup on the commands quickly.

Do you acknowledge that lying on this application will result in immediate denial and blacklisting from staff?: Yes
-------------------------------------------------
Long Answer
Questions proceeded with an asterix require a response of 5 Sentences Minimum.

What is your motivation/reason for applying?:  

I have come to notice that the staff team could use additional members. Furthermore, I want to help contribute to the server aside from RP. Not only that but this gamemode has grabbed my attention and kept it for a long time even before this respective community. As in this community and the gamemode in general has and still is offering me an experience that is incredibly different than the previous servers that I have played on. With this enjoyment it also inspires me to leave a positive mark on the community minute or not.

Why should you be considered over other candidates?:  

You should consider me over other candidates because of my extensive experience on a handful of servers. Most notably on GarnetGaming MRP and SWRP. Firstly, I have nearly a year worth of experience managing their MRP server as well as handling human resources which helps with my communication skills as well as handling staff reports and training accordingly. Also, as for SWRP a portion of my responsibilities on their consisted of being a gamemaster. As a result, I also have experience setting up events that are both enjoyable but also has solid RP.

Do you have any previous staffing experience? (Please list where, what position and how long): 

GarnetGaming MRP Manager and Human Resources Director for nearly a year 
GarnetGaming SWRP Manager for a short while 
DiamondGaming MRP Community Manager
A handful of positions ranging from Mod to Community Manager on random DRP servers (TitsRP, PlatinumGaming, RakimGaming, etc)

Have you been banned before on any of our servers? If so, why?: 

I was banned once for a misunderstanding for which I appealed. You can see it since it's one of my posts. Essentially I mistook a player who was in a staff sit as someone I was hunting in RP. Granted the person that I killed was on the cityhall rooftops that I was on as well so understandably it was confusing and not common knowledge that a staff sit would be up there.

Would you say that you are well known in our community, what's your reputation, what do other members think of you?:  

I think within my respective faction and other factions in which we interact with I may have some relative reputation that is positive. However, my normal name being "Jackal" more than likely doesn't have a positive or negative reputation attached. But I am excited to establish a positive reputation on this server especially as a staff member.

Have any staff members recommended you? If so, list their names: 

swigs and shrimps
-------------------------------------------------
Problem Solving
Detail step by step exactly the actions you would take.

Someone RDMs and you are currently off-duty. How do you handle this?: 

Typically if I end up being off-duty I will probably be in an RP situation. However, if no staff are available to handle the situation, assuming a ticket was made, I would separate myself from the RP situation and proceed to take them to an area that isn't associated with RP. I.E. rooftops that aren't accessible by players via ladders that sort of thing. Bear in mind that in some instances where an individual RDMs it can be handled in RP which is what I would look at first. After examining evidence and confirming whether or not he would be facing RP consequences I would decide what to do. Assuming it was the classic "I ran up and shot the dude for talking smack" I obviously would end up dishing out some type of warning via notes. Again this is assuming he has no prior history and such since us as staff are responsible for being hospitable to new players that might not have a full grasp as to how serious the server can be at times. 

You have seen a fellow staff member of higher or equal rank than you abusing fairly often, but never doing anything too noticeable. What do you do?:

This situation is actually one that I have dealt with a handful of times especially during my time on MilitaryRP. The best thing for me to do in this situation to avoid overall drama and conflict within the staff team is to gather evidence and then show that to a higherup that can handle the situation. Doing this avoids, as I mentioned, drama between staff and conflict that can derail the team from working efficiently. However, moreover this avoids painting the staff team in a bad light because at the end of the day the staff team directly represents the community and having a "bad" staff team means having a "bad" community in the eyes of new and old players alike.

A very good friend of yours joins the server. Over the course of an hour, you’ve received multiple complaints about them not following rules, RDM’ing, and minging. How do you proceed knowing this can affect your friendship with them?:

At the end of the day I have a responsibility and rules to uphold. As a result, I would end up treating my friend like any other player on the server indiscriminately and without bias. However, typically I am not one to be incredibly rash and brutal with my punishments. This is especially the case because I actively dealt with situations similar to this as Human Resources Director granted mostly in the context of staff breaking staff rules. Regardless, I don't like to deter people from playing the server because of myself being overly strict because there are avenues you can take to have fun while also being goofy. However, in this instance he is minging and RDMing which directly negatively impacts other players' experiences. Because of this he'll end up seeing a ban regardless of being my friend.

RE: Jackal - Staff Application - shrimps - 05-30-2021

+1, this guy is a beast.

RE: Jackal - Staff Application - Swigs - 05-30-2021

+1 As shrimps said, he is a beast with lots of experience, specifically dealing with a community aswell as the members of the staff team. The former experience will translate very well into this community.

RE: Jackal - Staff Application - pencil - 05-30-2021

+1, was staff under him and he is super smart and great at handling staff situations from my experience with him.

RE: Jackal - Staff Application - yort - 05-30-2021

+1 eh cool guy, forehead bigger than his ego so that's a plus

RE: Jackal - Staff Application - Baldrick - 05-30-2021

+1 Seems like he could be a good staff member.

RE: Jackal - Staff Application - Stefan - 05-30-2021

+1 Good application, liked, and seems knowledgeable. I say give him a chance.

RE: Jackal - Staff Application - Pendred - 05-30-2021

garnet raid

RE: Jackal - Staff Application - draggydx - 05-31-2021

+1, a changed and improved man. He has ton of experience and I played on Garnet before and he is a very respected member of that community.

Jackal - Staff Application - Pendred - 06-02-2021

Thank you for applying to the Diverge Networks staff team!
It is my pleasure to inform you that your application has been accepted.

Contact myself or another member of Management on Discord for training and to get setup.