Diverge Networks
Kentrell PK Appeal - Printable Version

+- Diverge Networks (https://divergenetworks.com/forums)
+-- Forum: 1980s Mafia Roleplay (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Character Appeals (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+---- Forum: Accepted (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+---- Thread: Kentrell PK Appeal (/showthread.php?tid=1675)

Kentrell PK Appeal - JoeMomma - 06-13-2021

Name of Character: Kentrell "Two-Piece" Devario

SteamID: STEAM_0:0:90839421

Date of PK: 6/13

Reason for PK: Im assuming that the FBI went ahead and pkd me even though they were lying and we were supposed to go through court?

Why should you be unPK'd?: So basically what happened was I went into World Corp with my pistol out and some dude was walking in the stairwell and I walked past him. He then followed me up the stairs not saying anything but something like "did you just point your gun at me". I didn't care what the guy had to say but he kept following me all the way up the stairs not saying anything about who he was. I got to the last floor and then tried to leave back out the door after he followed me up, he then blocks the door way and pulls out a mp5 outta nowhere without saying anything so obviously I shoot at him not even hitting him and then he switches from his mp5 to a tazer to taze me and I realize he was fbi cause of the tazer so I stop running. He pulls me all the way to the police station and we have been waiting in there for 45 minutes and there is still no lawyer so I called a staff and said I had to go afk but this guy is lying and I plead not guilty, the staff Penguin tried to say he would be the lawyer in the sit so I said hell now and for the third or fourth time asked for a court date when they got a lawyer and I would get on the char, he just disappears so I go afk after waiting a retarded amount of time on the game. I come back later and im on the char screen and my character is banned. During the whole situation the people arresting me did no /mes, never checked my id, never asked my name, and did no rp at all. On top of all this the fbi dude lied and said he showed me his badge before anything happened which is a lie and I even screenshotted my console to reveal nothing there at all, he then went back on his story and said he showed it to me in the elevator which is where I got arrested but that was after everything had already happened, he also said I tried mugging him which I definitely never did, first off im the leader of a gang, second of all thats frowned upon and gotten messy before. I went and looked at my console and found where they knew I was afk still and said "lets just pk him" and this was a waste of time hes trolling". How tf am I trolling when im afk, I also have screenshots of their whole convo from my console while I was afk. Their rp is just awful, because they never asked my name, refused to offer a plea deal, and never asked any questions about anything, they have nop clue my char was the leader of a big gang in the city and all the leads from that and all. They stated multiple times they just wanted to pk me but I plead not guilty so they couldnt. Also if I knew you were a fbi agent before all that do you really think I woulda shot at you?

If possible please provide video evidence or photo evidence if PK does not follow the guidelines:
Convo while afk: https://gyazo.com/a3e541447da4bc39fd9805b76c368c3c   
More afk convo: https://gyazo.com/6c678b24df0fb85077b02efabba5f3f5   
Console from the whole stairwell situation: https://gyazo.com/60db2069b9cdfacd4313d9c9e4ca6913

Them talking in the jail cell: https://gyazo.com/98bb61fe7a145e63bdef7c29042fbaba

RE: Kentrell PK Appeal - Cocohop - 06-13-2021

I was the judge (Miles Edgeworth).
I asked if you were ready (no reply). But while at the stand, I (and two other people) saw you crouching a couple of times. The prosecution also said you were doing this while he was waiting for me.
This for me was enough evidence that you wanted to waste court time, and I said if you do not plea anything you auto-plead no contest. Thus you were sentenced to the 70 years.
I'm indifferent to whether or not you should be PK'd, the above is simply what occurred.

RE: Kentrell PK Appeal - Mr.Penguin - 06-13-2021

Hello JoeMomma,

I would like to state that during the situation I never said once that I would be your lawyer for the trial. I was watching over you as had been asked to by a Police officer as you were apparently making remarks about LTARPing during the RP scenario, where I then told you unless you have something Important you have to attend to IRL,I don't see why you need to leave the Situation, after that you told me to check logs to see whether the FBI agent did in fact show you his credentials letting you know that he was FBI agent, In which after checking I found out he did show you his credentials. Also it was also noted by the judge and other members at the trial that you were crouching every now and again signifying that you were still around your computer and not AFK. Lastly I received a PK ticket asking me to PK a criminal who had just been convicted for 70+ years in which I did as it was over the time required for a PK.

RE: Kentrell PK Appeal - JoeMomma - 06-13-2021

I was literally the one that made the ticket and you claimed it. After 30 minutes of waiting you were called, and I said yes I do have stuff irl to do. And I don't really care what you saw, I told you and showed you proof that nothing was shown at all in my view. I never said I was going to Ltarp, I said I don't have time to wait here for hours and they started screaming it. And was everyone there dumb, you really think I was crouching and not speaking or looking around just to ignore yall? Of course I wasn't still near my pc, it probably had something to do with being tied literally the whole time, while I was in the cell it was doing the same thing where id be struck crouching and then randomly stand up or stand when im dragged. Im not sure what that was tbh.

Is there any way to check key presses? I promise you I wasnt at my pc

RE: Kentrell PK Appeal - JoeMomma - 06-15-2021

(06-13-2021, 09:25 PM)Mr.Penguin Wrote: Hello JoeMomma,

I would like to state that during the situation I never said once that I would be your lawyer for the trial. I was watching over you as had been asked to by a Police officer as you were apparently making remarks about LTARPing during the RP scenario, where I then told you unless you have something Important you have to attend to IRL,I don't see why you need to leave the Situation, after that you told me to check logs to see whether the FBI agent did in fact show you his credentials letting you know that he was FBI agent, In which after checking I found out he did show you his credentials. Also it was also noted by the judge and other members at the trial that you were crouching every now and again signifying that you were still around your computer and not AFK. Lastly I received a PK ticket asking me to PK a criminal who had just been convicted for 70+ years in which I did as it was over the time required for a PK.
Tbh bro it might not have been you who said act as the judge, coulda been the fbi guy trying to get you to just pk me on the spot, there was a lot of people talking.

RE: Kentrell PK Appeal - Canadian-bacon - 06-15-2021

Giving someone 70+ years in jail for being afk isn't very indicative of proper procedure in a serious roleplay server. Judges also may not PK or sentence whom they like, there must be a guilty plead or evidence beyond a reasonable doubt (that staff can later review if needed) that a person is guilty and deserves the sentence.

In the future staff should be giving OOC punishments when they feel a user is intentionally going afk or Avoiding roleplay, such as freezing them, etc.

However, do understand that we won't tolerate you going AFK during court again. Consider this a warning as well.

Your appeal has been reviewed and accepted.

Your character has been reinstated and can be used again.