Diverge Networks
Vox's Staff Application - Printable Version

+- Diverge Networks (https://divergenetworks.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Community Management (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Staff Applications (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+---- Forum: Accepted (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+---- Thread: Vox's Staff Application (/showthread.php?tid=1766)

Vox's Staff Application - Vox - 06-30-2021

In-Game Name(s): Corporal Jackson Stark, Viktor Randolph (Grant), Zhoa “Fishy” Huang (Triad), Carlos “The Animal” Escobar (Cartel), Viktor R. Soros (Judge Trainee/Lawyer)
Steam Name: Vox
Steam Profile Link: https://steamcommunity.com/id/Vox5454/
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:81113914
Discord Username: Vox#6181
Total playtime on Server (Do !time in-game): 1w 3d 4h 48m
Time Zone: CST
How much time can you realistically dedicate to moderating?: Depending on the day I can realistically dedicate at least a couple hours towards contributing to taking tickets and other staff duties. Just like many other members on the staff team, some days are different from others. I might be able to dedicate 8+ hours one day and only 1-2 hours another day. 
Have you read the rules?: Through my time on the server, I have become very familiar with the server rules.
Do you have a working microphone?: Yes, I have a working microphone. 
Do you acknowledge that you must attend all staff meetings (Unless you have stated why you cannot beforehand): Yes, I understand that staff meetings are mandatory. 
Are you familiarized with SAM and/or Nutscript commands?: Through my many hours of staffing on other NS servers, I have become familiar with almost all nutscript administration commands. 
Do you acknowledge that lying on this application will result in immediate denial and blacklisting from staff?: Yes, I acknowledge that lying on my application will result in a denial of my application as well as a blacklist.
-------------------------------------------------
Long Answer
Questions proceeded with an asterix require a response of 5 Sentences Minimum.

What is your motivation/reason for applying?:  Staffing is one of the many ways that you can help out your favorite server. Through my time on MafiaRP, I have come to know so many unique and fun people that have truly enhanced my RP experience. Becoming a part of the team would permit a variety of new and innovative ways to positively impact the server as a whole. Most people’s answer is, "I want to help people" which is very cliché; however, most fail to realize the realistic implications that it has on the server and players alike. If I were to be accepted as staff I would sacrifice my time to ensure that the players enjoy their experience just as I have. It is critically important that players continue to come back and one of the easiest ways is to make a good impression as a player, but also as a staff member. I completely understand the duties that staff take on a daily basis to ensure that the server is properly moderated as well as I am completely up to the challenge when it comes to giving up my time just to ensure the betterment of the server. I know for a fact that I am able to display the necessary qualities in order to fully embrace the responsibility that staff subdue upon themselves. Taking a staff position is difficult, yet rewarding since you begin to see positive and or negative results immediately. My sole priority as a staff member would be to influence the server and player base in a positive manner. I would look to achieve this directive by using my past staffing experience to guide me. I have already been acclimated towards the role that staff must undertake to ensure that they are properly doing their job and I am completely ready to undergo any training and or interviews to become staff.

Why should you be considered over other candidates?:  I feel as if my broad staffing experience on all assortments of garrysmod servers will assist me in helping the server provide a better RP environment for the player base. My administration skill has continually developed for the better; I have become a well oiled staff machine that can assist just about anyone with any problem; furthermore, I am not afraid to dedicate a large portion of my time away to ensure the server becomes elevated to an even higher standard than where it is now. If I were to be accepted as a staff member I would have the opportunity and honor of assisting whomever is in need, and in doing so, the environment of RP could be refined and improved. In conclusion, I feel as if my current staff experience and my dedication to get to work separate me out from the other applications. I am a highly qualified member who is ready and able to do whatever necessary in order to help make a difference.

Do you have any previous staffing experience? (Please list where, what position and how long): I have been staffing my favorite servers on garrysmod since 2014, so I have an extensive list about each server and it’s experience. Mind you, this is over a period of about 7 years with 6300+ hours of garrysmod, so there have been many servers that I have played throughout the years. 
HFG-JvS (2 months)
Moderator- Ensure that the server was well moderated. This job was more or less ensuring that the server was in control, while also assisting my superiors in whatever they needed.
Alliance Gaming JvS (4 months)
Admin- I primarily focused on running storyline events as well as moderating the server.
Crypto Gaming Star wars RP (4 months)
Community Manager- I was in charge of Internal Affairs, Staff checkups, and moderating the forums as well as dealing with staff punishments.
Dreadnought Empire SWRP (7 months)
Senior Admin- I focused on the game play of the server as well as ensuring that it was properly moderated.
Lotus servers JvS (1 month)
Moderator- Ensuring that the server was moderated. My main priority while staffing here was to assist in server crowd control.
Snazzy's JvS (6 months)
Head of Staff- I was in charge of hiring, training, and disciplining staff, however, it also extended out towards making the entire game play system and coming out with new innovative server ideas to implement. 
Altered RP JvS (8 months)
Head of Staff- I was in charge of ensuring that game play and sides were balanced as well as hiring, training, and disciplining staff. Due to the nature of the server I was also in charge of creating a new RP based leveling system, and an in depth player guide.
GroxGaming Kingdom RP (1.5 years)
Server Manager- I was in charge of hiring, training and disciplining staff, as well as regulating the forums. I was also in charge of making the final decision on all player reports, abuse reports and ban appeals. Most of this transpired in the TS so I also was in charge of maintaining and moderating the TS.
Gaminglight Military RP (3 months)
Admin- I was responsible for moderating the server as well as ensuring that there was no game play flaws. Due to this being a ULX based server as well as primarily PVP focused, I was also in charge of promoting and teaching players how to passive RP during downtime.
Prominent Gaming CW RP (1 month)
Moderator- My duties included moderating the server when necessary as well as assisting in and creating events. I was also a Head Trainer, which means that I had the full responsibility to train and certify users to train new players.
Nomad Networks Anglo Zulu RP (2 months)
Super Admin- Focused on providing elaborate events and historical events that simulated historical battles, as well as moderating the server. I also had a specific duty to train and certify users to be a part of the "Trainer" group ,which trains players before they play the server.
HFG JvS 2.0 (7 months)
Admin- My job on the server includes, running the help desk, overseeing RP, as well as enforcing server rules. The help desk is an area of which I provide players with assistance with numerous amounts of RP needs. This includes but is not restricted to fixing inventory glitches, spawning in ships, answering questions and much more. 
HFG CW:HL2 (<1 month)
Operator- My job as an Operator was entirely focused towards maintaining RP. This included, but was not limited to, stopping minges from interrupting RP, maintaining the server integrity, and lastly informing new players on how to play the server.
Western RP (4 months)
Admin- I moderated the server to prevent the breaking of any rules. I created the rules, server systems, and assisted with staff needs.
-ICE- #1 DarkRP (3 months)
Moderator- My time was spent assisting higher ranks with their daily objectives as well as I attended to the players needs such as sits, help, or even questions. 
Double Z Gaming JvS (1.5 years)
Server Manager- I was fully in charge of all staff and server affairs that related to the server. I hired, fired, promoted, and demoted all staff within the server and I normally made the decision of implementing server content as I saw fit. 

Have you been banned before on any of our servers? If so, why?: I have never been banned on any Diverge Network server.

Would you say that you are well known in our community, what's your reputation, what do other members think of you?:  I wouldn’t necessarily boast and say that I am “well known” per say, but I have gotten close to a number of different individuals. Through my time on an assortment of different characters, I have come to know many individuals who have become familiar faces. I cannot speak on the community's behalf, but I feel as if I have made my own small mark on the community. I know I am not the most well known or the most liked, but my mark has been made in the small sub-communities and factions that I participate in. 

Have any staff members recommended you? If so, list their names: No
-------------------------------------------------
Problem Solving
Detail step by step exactly the actions you would take.

Someone RDMs and you are currently off-duty. How do you handle this?: Personally, I would call an admin much like a normal player would. I might ban them if they’re an immediate danger to the server (like mass RDM etc.), however, I wouldn’t want to let my own bias play into my own admin sit. I would much rather let another member of the staff handle it, while I present my own evidence. This would help prevent me banning them unjustly or without full context. If I were the only staff online, however, I would be forced to take their punishment into my own hands and would do my best to remain unbiased during the admin sit. 

You have seen a fellow staff member of higher or equal rank than you abusing fairly often, but never doing anything too noticeable. What do you do?: The best thing that I can do in an instance like this is to gather video evidence or any other form of solid evidence against that member of the staff team. I can do this in many forms, however, just staying in vanish and overseeing them generally works. Once I have the evidence of their abuse, I would bring it to upper administration and let them handle the situation. 

A very good friend of yours joins the server. Over the course of an hour, you’ve received multiple complaints about them not following rules, RDM’ing, and minging. How do you proceed knowing this can affect your friendship with them?: I would Treat them as any other roleplayer who is breaking the rules. If they are really my friend they wouldn't let a game ruin our friendship.
---------------------------------------------------------

RE: Vox's Staff Application - Landon - 06-30-2021

+1 Would be a great part of the staff team.

RE: Vox's Staff Application - Irn Bru - 06-30-2021

+1 good guy

RE: Vox's Staff Application - Swigs - 07-01-2021

straight no life with that experience but that's the gmod community for you

+1

RE: Vox's Staff Application - Baldrick - 07-01-2021

+1 Good Prior Experience would fit well.

RE: Vox's Staff Application - Cocohop - 07-02-2021

+1 good

RE: Vox's Staff Application - kvb2006 - 07-08-2021

+1 this man is the chillest man to ever play good admin candidate

RE: Vox's Staff Application - Recoil - 07-10-2021

Sounds like you have devoted your life to garrys mod, +1

RE: Vox's Staff Application - mikeytolit - 07-12-2021

+1 Trustworthy guy, had him in my vagos mc before I closed it and he was loyal and works hard. Deserves staff.

Vox's Staff Application - Pendred - 07-12-2021

Thank you for applying to the Diverge Networks staff team!
It is my pleasure to inform you that your application has been accepted.

Contact myself or another member of Management on Discord for training and to get setup.