Diverge Networks
Pistol V2 - Printable Version

+- Diverge Networks (https://divergenetworks.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Community Management (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Player Reports (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=16)
+---- Forum: Accepted (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+---- Thread: Pistol V2 (/showthread.php?tid=1899)

Pages: 1 2

Pistol V2 - Romullus - 07-20-2021

Wasnt gonna make this report at first, but here I am.
Your Name: Manuel Antonio (does not just invovles me)

Offender(s) Name(s): Carlie Wailer

Offender(s) Steam/Player ID: N/A

Server this occurred on?: Mafia southside

Time of Incident: N/A

Rule(s) Violated: Metagaming

Evidence (Videos/Screenshots): They are all in the "Additional Information"

Additional Information (Players/staff directly involved, etc):

Paco Munyano is the friend of Carlie Wailer. Paco Munyano was pked (approved by Somespy - Don Order) when Carlie was not on. (IC not in city) He was pked by a random cartel member passing by. Somespy can confirm this if he witnessed the pk. Paco Munyano later came back on his newly made character and started to harass us. We even clip an instance where he said he was going to snitch even tho he just got pked. (https://medal.tv/clips/57982997/d13377a1kjCX) Fast forward to this week, where his freind Carlie Wailer writes an affidavit containing metagamed info, which will be proven. (https://docs.google.com/document/d/1C3ocbgAtzCj8zDyAg3vvwSYvAvtzRwefnTQcCxuddbM/edit). Adam clark, the detective dealing with this case admitted that Carlie Wailer only snitched because we pked his friend, which he had no IC knowledge of, we didnt even announce it in our RIP chat.
 (https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/503721689029541897/866861542707953724/unknown.png).

Carlie Wailer: This person is a german guy who dont really speak much english hence his german affidavit. This player, which I was informed by my members, is someone who does his thing by himself or with his friend Paco. He does not approach us and all he do is buy H and sell it. He does not have my f3, yet he said I was the faction owner. The only interaction I had with him in game was when I asked for his f3 once recruited. Again, he is not in contact with other members and is a lone wolf probably due to the language barrier. 

The Affadavit: "weed is traded at 1w-1h+ 700$" This information was metagamed. This deal originated on 04/1/2021 with Cali Cartel. This information was in a discord channel in my faction discord and was an ooc channel used to help new players. Literally called "How to guide". Back in the time the information was not really told to the players. Occasinally it was explained to new recruits, we would say "join this discord" "here the deal and gl". This deal has not been a thing for a long amount of time. We do not use it as our ally, Cali Cartel, no longer exist following a war. As the screenshot shows the link is invalid as we no longer used that discord for months now. Cali went to war 05/29/202, Carlie Wailer joined 06/15/2021. https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/503721689029541897/866866488325046292/unknown.png The dates do not match  on the screen shot and I will explain why.

"cocaine 1s 3h-2c+600$". This deal is even older than the cali, it came from the bonnano which we left 05/18/2021. The discord was called Bonano Enterprise owned by mikvik before his fall. Again, he joined 06/15/2021. The only placed this deal is talked about is in discord chats when mfs argue for their prices. Which I can provide if needed.

Update: These discords were not used for ic shit it was used to find some1 to contact to then trade ic in game.

"don Manuel Antonio is the faction owner". 1. Lmfao  no calls me that 2. He does not have my f3 and I have talked to him once where I simply asked for his f3. This is a clear attempt to pin this on the faction leader by metagaming.

Swigs can prolly confirm some of this as he staff and in our discord.
"“The animal” (nickname) is also a lawyer and motel manager" This is just wrong Animal aka Carlos Escobar is a fkn legal advisor not a motel manager. If this was a legit CI he would have fkn known shit Ig this can be dealt in IC 

Good Faith: This is an IRL exception to the exclusionary rule (hopefully u know what that is, if not just look it up quickly). This basically says that if a search warrant is served and later found to be invalid, the evidence found does not get directly thrown out. If the error is clerical or comes from a database the evidence is sitll valid. If the Officer that served the search warrant is acting in good faith, the evidence is still admissable. 

Now what this means in game, its basically a nuke. If any affidavit is written by a CI, and that shit contains info that is later found to be invalid. If the officer was acting in good faith, just followed procedure, then the evidence stays. In Gmod, if the cop did everything right (well notarized and followed procedure) there is no way u can proove he acted in bad faith (because its gmod), which would not supress the evidence. Here is an example:

I am a citizen, I am pissed at Flanagan for an ooc reason. All I have to do is write an affidavit that incriminates a person and property. (ooc that placed is used for drugs, but the citizen dont know that icly just oocly) That place gets search and siezed. In court the information given is found to be fkn random but due to the cops following their procedure and acting on their tip, they can still use the evidence bc they acted in good faith. I hope you can understand how this can be abused. If u havent realised, that is the situation we are facing.

I am sure that both Criminals and Cops can agree to the power of this thing, if you understand it of course.

In our Scenario, this metagamed affadivit obtained a warrant, that warrant got a siezure for the motel. The affadavit dont even matter at this point since the IRL Good faith exception (but abusive in gmod) makes the evidence admissible.

Summary: Metagamed affadavit with fake ooc and ic info is made, warrant is obtained, search is done and motel is siezed. Evidence cant be taken out because of an abusive Good Faith exception (in gmod terms, Good faith means that it dont matter if the info is good or not or even if its metagamed, it can still be used if the cop followed the law). Also the detective didnt even take time to investigate at all, that idk why.

Fast forward to now where 3.6 million $ motel is siezed and drugs are taken from members bank account  from a metagamed affidavit.

FYI, I dont think the cops are doing anything wrong, what I ask from them is that they see this from our point of view. This report was made on the behalf of the Cartel de Medellin. I talked to zoomer about this but new evidence came out so Im making this report.

This made sense to me when I wrote it, and I wrote it fast. If you dont understand shit just dm me to clarify. The main ppl involved in this are now Gollo and Naga aka Mateo Bauer, you can contact them for more info.

RE: Pistol V2 - Wickers - 07-20-2021

+1 All Should of Been Voided Too Much Metagame and Failrp.

RE: Pistol V2 - ZOOMER - 07-20-2021

Under investigation

RE: Pistol V2 - Romullus - 07-21-2021

Update: around 13,455 years of charged were gained from 1 metagamed affidavit.
About 1.5mil worth of shit.
From a new judge, no offense, that signed an affidavit with insufficient(dont matter if affidavit good or not) and no ticket logs (done threw dms, which aint allowed)

RE: Pistol V2 - Vex - 07-22-2021

nah to be fair this is way more shitty then what i did. Impressive still tho

RE: Pistol V2 - Black_George - 07-22-2021

Paco Munyano is the friend of Carlie Wailer. Paco Munyano was pked (approved by Somespy - Don Order) when Carlie was not on. (IC not in city) He was pked by a random cartel member passing by. Somespy can confirm this if he witnessed the pk.

Paco Munyano later came back on his newly made character and started to harass us.

My reaction: Did you report him for doing that?

We even clip an instance where he said he was going to snitch even tho he just got pked. (https://medal.tv/clips/57982997/d13377a1kjCX)
My reaction: Where is his Affidavit, if he snitched?

Fast forward to this week, where his freind Carlie Wailer writes an affidavit containing metagamed info, which will be proven. (https://docs.google.com/document/d/1C3oc...uddbM/edit). Adam clark, the detective dealing with this case admitted that Carlie Wailer only snitched because we pked his friend, which he had no IC knowledge of, we didnt even announce it in our RIP chat.
(https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/5...nknown.png).
My reaction: How would you know that he had no IC knowledge? How would you know he didn't predict this and by him disappearing he went to the PD, because he expected to be the next, because why would you just PK a guy that only hanged around another guy who was prob. his in real life friend?
Also did you plan in killing the guy?

Carlie Wailer: This person is a german guy who dont really speak much english hence his german affidavit.
My response: He is not german, he is dutch.

This player, which I was informed by my members, is someone who does his thing by himself or with his friend Paco.

He does not approach us and all he do is buy H and sell it.
My response: if he sells heroin, why didn't he put it in the Affidavit?

He does not have my f3, yet he said I was the faction owner. The only interaction I had with him in game was when I asked for his f3 once recruited.

Again, he is not in contact with other members and is a lone wolf probably due to the language barrier.

The Affadavit: "weed is traded at 1w-1h+ 700$" This information was metagamed. This deal originated on 04/1/2021 with Cali Cartel. This information was in a discord channel in my faction discord and was an ooc channel used to help new players. Literally called "How to guide". Back in the time the information was not really told to the players.

Occasinally it was explained to new recruits, we would say "join this discord" "here the deal and gl".
My response: So your telling me that you are giving people upon recruitment something that is IC a discord server (which would contain IC and OOC things) and then show them the how-to, which is then strictly OOC info? This is just a scummy way of you avoiding getting caught by LEOs and abusing Discord. The how-to needs to be taken IC.

This deal has not been a thing for a long amount of time. We do not use it as our ally, Cali Cartel, no longer exist following a war. As the screenshot shows the link is invalid as we no longer used that discord for months now. Cali went to war 05/29/202, Carlie Wailer joined 06/15/2021. https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/5...nknown.png The dates do not match on the screen shot and I will explain why.

"cocaine 1s 3h-2c+600$". This deal is even older than the cali, it came from the bonnano which we left 05/18/2021. The discord was called Bonano Enterprise owned by mikvik before his fall. Again, he joined 06/15/2021. The only placed this deal is talked about is in discord chats when mfs argue for their prices. Which I can provide if needed.
My Response: So you are telling me that the informant can't take the information of discord where very important IC matters are discussed and that is metagame? And so you said it yourself that the informant was involved in heroin trade, that could still make us believe that he knew that information.

Update: These discords were not used for ic shit it was used to find some1 to contact to then trade ic in game.
My Response: "Finding someone to contact to then trade ic in game" is not a IC matter?

"don Manuel Antonio is the faction owner".
1. Lmfao no calls me that
My Response: Why are you calling yourself that on discord? Don is something that can be used universally and also by you claiming he has little to no contact with other Cartel members, you can claim that he doesn't not know the structure of a cartel and just calls all the bosses of a crime organisation Dons.

2. He does not have my f3 and I have talked to him once where I simply asked for his f3. This is a clear attempt to pin this on the faction leader by metagaming.
My Response: Maybe someone told him that? Maybe he listened in on someones discussion. Maybe you told him your name and your position.

"“The animal” (nickname) is also a lawyer and motel manager" This is just wrong Animal aka Carlos Escobar is a fkn legal advisor not a motel manager. If this was a legit CI he would have fkn known shit Ig this can be dealt in IC
My response: How could it be that the informant did not have any connections to members of the cartel and is a "lone wolf", but know the nickname of a person and knew that the guy was a lawyer?

In our Scenario, this metagamed affadivit obtained a warrant, that warrant got a siezure for the motel. The affadavit dont even matter at this point since the IRL Good faith exception (but abusive in gmod) makes the evidence admissible.
My response: Let's say all of the things you mentioned were metagamed, this still wouldn't throw out the Warrant, due to it containing information that I assume is truthful, because you didn't mention it.

Summary: Metagamed affadavit with fake ooc and ic info is made, warrant is obtained, search is done and motel is siezed. Evidence cant be taken out because of an abusive Good Faith exception (in gmod terms, Good faith means that it dont matter if the info is good or not or even if its metagamed, it can still be used if the cop followed the law). Also the detective didnt even take time to investigate at all, that idk why.
My Resonse: Good faith doesn't excuse metagame.

Fast forward to now where 3.6 million $ motel is siezed and drugs are taken from members bank account from a metagamed affidavit.
My response: Info on an affidavit can be metagamed, but clearly not all info in this affidavit is not metagamed, but let's say all the things you claimed were metagamed, the seizure still would still happen.

My Summary: Most of the info that is called as metagame was from Discord, a discord where IC stuff is discussed, but everything that could be incriminating is OOC as the guild on how to do trade, which is apparently outdated, but was edited, which can clearly be seen on the screenshot. How could it be that when recruiting somebody you send them a discord and then they read in an OOC channel how to do IC deals. This is just abusive and trying to get shit voided.

Furthermore I wanted to ask is this language barrier of his a IC thing or OOC?

RE: Pistol V2 - Vox - 07-22-2021

(07-22-2021, 01:04 PM)Dragoslav Vaykos Wrote: Paco Munyano is the friend of Carlie Wailer. Paco Munyano was pked (approved by Somespy - Don Order) when Carlie was not on. (IC not in city) He was pked by a random cartel member passing by. Somespy can confirm this if he witnessed the pk.

Paco Munyano later came back on his newly made character and started to harass us.

We even clip an instance where he said he was going to snitch even tho he just got pked. (https://medal.tv/clips/57982997/d13377a1kjCX)

Fast forward to this week, where his freind Carlie Wailer writes an affidavit containing metagamed info, which will be proven. (https://docs.google.com/document/d/1C3oc...uddbM/edit). Adam clark, the detective dealing with this case admitted that Carlie Wailer only snitched because we pked his friend, which he had no IC knowledge of, we didnt even announce it in our RIP chat.
My reaction: How would you know that he had no IC knowledge? How would you know he didn't predict this and by him disappearing he went to the PD, because he expected to be the next, because why would you just PK a guy that only hanged around another guy who was prob. his in real life friend?

Carlie Wailer: This person is a german guy who dont really speak much english hence his german affidavit.

This player, which I was informed by my members, is someone who does his thing by himself or with his friend Paco.

He does not have my f3, yet he said I was the faction owner. The only interaction I had with him in game was when I asked for his f3 once recruited.

Again, he is not in contact with other members and is a lone wolf probably due to the language barrier.

The Affadavit: "weed is traded at 1w-1h+ 700$" This information was metagamed. This deal originated on 04/1/2021 with Cali Cartel. This information was in a discord channel in my faction discord and was an ooc channel used to help new players. Literally called "How to guide". Back in the time the information was not really told to the players.

Occasinally it was explained to new recruits, we would say "join this discord" "here the deal and gl".
My response: So your telling me that you are giving people upon recruitment something that is IC a discord server (which would contain IC and OOC things) and then show them the how-to, which is then strictly OOC info? This is just a scummy way of you avoiding getting caught by LEOs and abusing Discord. The how-to needs to be taken IC.

This deal has not been a thing for a long amount of time. We do not use it as our ally, Cali Cartel, no longer exist following a war. As the screenshot shows the link is invalid as we no longer used that discord for months now. Cali went to war 05/29/202, Carlie Wailer joined 06/15/2021. https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/5...nknown.png The dates do not match  on the screen shot and I will explain why.

"cocaine 1s 3h-2c+600$". This deal is even older than the cali, it came from the bonnano which we left 05/18/2021. The discord was called Bonano Enterprise owned by mikvik before his fall. Again, he joined 06/15/2021. The only placed this deal is talked about is in discord chats when mfs argue for their prices. Which I can provide if needed.
My Response: So you are telling me that the informant can't take the information of discord where very important IC matters are discussed and that is metagame? And so you said it yourself that the informant was involved in heroin trade, that could still make us believe that he knew that information.

My Response: "Finding someone to contact to then trade ic in game" is not a IC matter?

1. Lmfao  no calls me that
My Response: Why are you calling yourself that on discord? Don is something that can be used universally and also by you claiming he has little to no contact with other Cartel members, you can claim that he doesn't not know the structure of a cartel and just calls all the bosses of a crime organisation Dons.

2. He does not have my f3 and I have talked to him once where I simply asked for his f3. This is a clear attempt to pin this on the faction leader by metagaming.
My Response: Maybe someone told him that? Maybe he listened in on someones discussion. Maybe you told him your name and your position.

My response: How could it be that the informant did not have any connections to members of the cartel and is a "lone wolf", but know the nickname of a person and knew that the guy was a lawyer?

My response: Let's say all of the things you mentioned were metagamed, this still wouldn't throw out the Warrant, due to it containing information that I assume is truthful, because you didn't mention it.

Fast forward to now where 3.6 million $ motel is siezed and drugs are taken from members bank account  from a metagamed affidavit.
My response: Info on an affidavit can be metagamed, but clearly not all info in this affidavit is not metagamed, but let's say all the things you claimed were metagamed, the seizure still would still happen.

My Summary: Most of the info that is called as metagame was from Discord, a discord where IC stuff is discussed, but everything that could be incriminating is OOC as the guild on how to do trade, which is apparently outdated, but was edited, which can clearly be seen on the screenshot. How could it be that when recruiting somebody you send them a discord and then they read in an OOC channel how to do IC deals. This is just abusive and trying to get shit voided.

First off, he knows I am the lawyer and my nickname from literally using the discord, looking at my nickname, then looking at my roles (I have a cartel lawyer role), and then basically just being like "Oh now I know that The Animal is the cartel lawyer". I literally have not talked to this dude EVER in character. I don't think you understand. I have NEVER met the guy IC, he wouldn't have even known my nickname.....

By your own logic and applying it to other facets of the server, I could literally join some random faction's discord, proceed to snoop through the channels, use this info as IC info and immediately have an entire search and seizure warrant for the entire faction in less than 15 minutes. This could literally be some random character and it wouldn't even matter. Theoretically I wouldn't have to meet a single person and could take down an entire faction very very very quickly. If this holds up, I can't wait to see how the rest of the server fairs with such minimal requirements to basically destroy a faction. Literally 1 affidavit that was horribly written (No single piece of evidence), self notarized (incorrect again via UCS handbook), non-ticket made warrant (which is required for judges BTW --> That alone should void the affidavit) can directly lead to a search of the property, if any drugs are found you can immediately search EVERY workers bank and then from there its history. Poof... the entire faction worth plummets due to ridiculously metagamed information.

By your own logic, I would theoretically know every single persons name, rank, business, etc from literally joining a DISCORD. Completely illogical and not applicable for both the server and this situation. Carlie did not talk to a single other person in the faction and literally did NOTHING with ANYONE other than his best friend Paco (OOC friends as well btw --> aka Paco definitely told Carlie what happened OOCly and then Carlie used shit IC)... I don't think you have the context for how metagamed this information is. This dude was a literal ghost and proceeded to claim in his IC affidavit that he knew so much, yet in reality knew literally.......nothing. He was the literal lowest rank possible and did not do jack squat other than collect shipments.

RE: Pistol V2 - Romullus - 07-23-2021

(07-22-2021, 01:04 PM)Dragoslav Vaykos Wrote: Paco Munyano is the friend of Carlie Wailer. Paco Munyano was pked (approved by Somespy - Don Order) when Carlie was not on. (IC not in city) He was pked by a random cartel member passing by. Somespy can confirm this if he witnessed the pk.

This deal has not been a thing for a long amount of time. We do not use it as our ally, Cali Cartel, no longer exist following a war. As the screenshot shows the link is invalid as we no longer used that discord for months now. Cali went to war 05/29/202, Carlie Wailer joined 06/15/2021. https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/5...nknown.png The dates do not match  on the screen shot and I will explain why.

1. Lmfao  no calls me that

Fast forward to now where 3.6 million $ motel is siezed and drugs are taken from members bank account  from a metagamed affidavit.

Answer to what ever your point was.

"My Reaction". I dont see how this is relevant but ye I actually made a ticket if I remember correctly.

"Carlie Wailer". Ok, again, how is that relevant.

"My Response". Maybe because you dont want to put in a legal document that you sell heroin. Again how is this relevant.

"Animal. Reponse". Lmfao, here is a screenshot of our discord. https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/503721689029541897/868180322972467340/unknown.png

"Affidavit. My Response". You just contradicted yourself saying that a metagamed affidavit shouldnt throw out a warrant. "Not studying should'nt make you fail an exam". I also did mention everything. If I didnt just lmk.

"Good Faith. My Response". You have completly missed the point and did not understand what I said. Good Faith is something IC. metagame is an OOC issue. I wont rexplain this section. If you dont understand it just dm me specific questions and Id be glad to answer you so u can understand.

"3.6 mil. My Response". First off a search cannot come only from an affidavit. Second off the affidavit was notarised by a person of interest, which the judge should have realised. 3rdly Icly nothing can be done because of something Called Good Faith, which is something that should not be a thing on Garry Mod beause now anyone can take down any faction just by giving information that is metagamed, which is often hard to prove. Your a detectve so you should know that an affidavit is not enough for a search. Again everything was mentionned in this report, if there is something you are not sure about just dm me questions so u can understand.

Idk if his language barrier is ooc or Ic i met the guy once.

RE: Pistol V2 - Cocohop - 07-28-2021

"When you've run into a wall with no place to go, return to the basics." -Miles Edgeworth.
The basics in this instance are as follows:
The Affidavit was notarised by an interested party. This is not allowed.
To identify someone, one of the following circumstances need to have happened:
Ways to Identify someone IC'ly:
  -You have their F3
  -They Identify themselves to you, verbally giving you their full name / unique nickname
  -Someone who has their F3 Identifies them to you
  -You have viewed their ID card or searched their person (See Police rules section)
  -If someone has committed an offense against you (Act of violence, mugging, etc) you may recognize them based on their voice and clothing for up to 20 minutes afterwards. Players may change clothes or lay low during this time to avoid recognition.
I don't think any of the above circumstances applied.
Certainly one could argue the good faith exception (even though this is an OOC issue), but the good faith exception clearly states that the police MUST be acting in good faith, measured by the reasonable person rule (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reasonable_person). I am of the opinion that a reasonable person certainly would have asked how the man identified the don as being Antonio Manuel or whatever his name is.
On the topic of discord. Here is a quote from Don Manuel: "Update: These discords were not used for ic shit it was used to find some1 to contact to then trade ic in game.". 
This is not allowed and will be considered IC as per the following rule: "However to cover the fact that some people may use this to skirt the rules if IC conversations are specified by both parties or is obviously done in IC in DMs (Example: A sale or deal that would take place in IC after discord confirmation) then it can be considered as IC by the reviewing Admins."
Therefore, to summarize: 
The affidavit was not notarised correctly.
The evidence naming the people directly is null and void as it fails the recognition test. 
The evidence gathered via discord is IC. You may not put "this is ooc" in an attempt to avoid LEOs.
The Good Faith exception applies if a reasonable person believes the evidence to be true. Would a reasonable person believe this to be true? I am of the opinion that a reasonable person would ask more questions before initiating procedures. And if someone obtained a name via discord, then the OOC/IC test must apply. Did they obtain it by looking on the sidebar? That would be OOC. Or did the person directly talk to the criminal informant and tell them their name? That would be IC.

RE: Pistol V2 - Romullus - 07-28-2021

(07-28-2021, 03:10 PM)Cocohop Wrote: "When you've run into a wall with no place to go, return to the basics." -Miles Edgeworth.
The basics in this instance are as follows:
The Affidavit was notarised by an interested party. This is not allowed.
To identify someone, one of the following circumstances need to have happened:
Ways to Identify someone IC'ly:
  -You have their F3
  -They Identify themselves to you, verbally giving you their full name / unique nickname
  -Someone who has their F3 Identifies them to you
  -You have viewed their ID card or searched their person (See Police rules section)
  -If someone has committed an offense against you (Act of violence, mugging, etc) you may recognize them based on their voice and clothing for up to 20 minutes afterwards. Players may change clothes or lay low during this time to avoid recognition.
I don't think any of the above circumstances applied.
Certainly one could argue the good faith exception (even though this is an OOC issue), but the good faith exception clearly states that the police MUST be acting in good faith, measured by the reasonable person rule (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reasonable_person). I am of the opinion that a reasonable person certainly would have asked how the man identified the don as being Antonio Manuel or whatever his name is.
On the topic of discord. Here is a quote from Don Manuel: "Update: These discords were not used for ic shit it was used to find some1 to contact to then trade ic in game.". 
This is not allowed and will be considered IC as per the following rule: "However to cover the fact that some people may use this to skirt the rules if IC conversations are specified by both parties or is obviously done in IC in DMs (Example: A sale or deal that would take place in IC after discord confirmation) then it can be considered as IC by the reviewing Admins."
Therefore, to summarize: 
The affidavit was not notarised correctly.
The evidence naming the people directly is null and void as it fails the recognition test. 
The evidence gathered via discord is IC. You may not put "this is ooc" in an attempt to avoid LEOs.
The Good Faith exception applies if a reasonable person believes the evidence to be true. Would a reasonable person believe this to be true? I am of the opinion that a reasonable person would ask more questions before initiating procedures. And if someone obtained a name via discord, then the OOC/IC test must apply. Did they obtain it by looking on the sidebar? That would be OOC. Or did the person directly talk to the criminal informant and tell them their name? That would be IC.
"when you give your input, make sure you got the whole story" - nigglations 6:16

I agree with some part of what yous said. However, you guys cant tell me things that are in my personal discord is IC or not. Yall need a chill with it. 
Acording to the rules, you cant use ooc terms in IC. That passage your referring to was stated to be OOC and contains information taht is OOC to guide new players once their recruitment done. So they dont act like retards and know at least what it means to play on Diverge. This section you are refering too, not only is it outdated, it clearly states that it is OOC and it is obviously not owned by Diverge.  Again, no IC converstation/announcment was specified/agreed. 

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/775599332900601887/869979799026814996/unknown.png

And for the people who dare say I/we avoid RP. When this affidavit was presented, I went with it and continued playing even if I knew it was metagamed. We still attented trials, we still wrote 10 pages lawsuit. We still have one of our guys PKed after court. I still submited 20 documents to Gollo after his subpeona. 

And for those who say we used this to avoid confrontation from LEO, a part of the training a new recruit gets, is to teach them how to do shipments. Our companies uses oil shipment so that they can learn how shipment works. Its not avoiding rp, its being smart. Then once the rest of the training is done, the npc is shown to them by the recruiter. From that point, the recruit is now able to use his knowledge from oil shipments into ordering heroin or anything else. So this argument of us using discord to avoid rp is just a waste of time. We encourage rp and we use techniques (IC) to avoid getting in trouble by the police. For some odd reason, Carlie Wailer didnt mention that. Prolly cus he was pissed off and decided to just metagame his shit. That being said, the section Cocohop/PA is refering is an OOC aid to help players and make sure they understood what they were told IC. Its like being in a discord and saying "ye so OOcly when you did the oil, its basically the same thing but for heroin, and we do it like that so we dont have to tell you to order drugs" but instead we do it in a discord OOC channel.

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/503721689029541897/870092217593769994/unknown.png

Hopefully this made sense to whoever is reading this.