Diverge Networks
Staff Application - Printable Version

+- Diverge Networks (https://divergenetworks.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Community Management (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Staff Applications (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+---- Forum: Accepted (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+---- Thread: Staff Application (/showthread.php?tid=1933)

Staff Application - Stingy - 07-26-2021

In-Game Name(s): Silvio Fromunda, Nikolai Volkov, Jimmy Monroe
Steam Name: Stingy
Steam Profile Link: https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198130169703/
Steam ID:  76561198130169703
Discord Username: Stingy#9378
Total playtime on Server (Do !time in-game): 1w 4d 16h 27m.
Time Zone: EST
How much time can you realistically dedicate to moderating?: 6-12 hours a week.
Have you read the rules?: Yes.
Do you have a working microphone?: Yes.
Do you acknowledge that you must attend all staff meetings (Unless you have stated why you cannot beforehand): Yes I do.
Are you familiarized with SAM and/or Nutscript commands?: Yes but would need guidance with some commands
Do you acknowledge that lying on this application will result in immediate denial and blacklisting from staff?: Yes
-------------------------------------------------
Long Answer
Questions proceeded with an asterix require a response of 5 Sentences Minimum.

What is your motivation/reason for applying?:  * I would like to become part of the staff team to help enhance the quality of my favorite Garry's Mod server. I enjoy helping people out and think helping solve players in game problems, mistakes, and role play situations would be very interesting and fun. I have played on this server for a decent bit now, and would like another experience within the community other than playing as a player. I also play late at night more, and notice that the online staff numbers dwindle (which is normal people need to sleep) and see people complain about waiting for tickets. In addition, I hear about and see more people trying to break, and or bend the rules later because they think they can get away with it when there are less staff online. I feel as if I could help prevent these things and would enjoy it while doing so.

Why should you be considered over other candidates?:  * I should be considered because I am always on my computer whether I am attending class, working, or playing games. This is the only server I actually care about, play on, and want to see grow, and would do what I can and need to help that keep happening. I also would like to be one to help players new and old learn or understand the rules and answer questions on things in the game they don't know or forget, to keep them interested and to keep players coming back. I would be dedicated to doing what needs to be done to keeping the gameplay moving fluidly, and maintaining the rules of the server overall. Saying this, I feel as if I am a strong candidate to consider for helping staff your server.

Do you have any previous staffing experience? (Please list where, what position and how long): No but I would love to learn.

Have you been banned before on any of our servers? If so, why?: No I haven't.

Would you say that you are well known in our community, what's your reputation, what do other members think of you?:  * I do not know if I am well known in the community, I don't know my reputation, nor what other staff think of me. I have been around for a little bit, and I like to interact with people so they may know me from this, or from me working as a Grant and buying their oil. I sometimes would give out money to newer looking guys doing city work to help them start out or run around and heal people as a citizen so maybe from this too, but I don't know. I throw my hand in the air a lot and I tend to be in some funny interactions but lately have been just walking around. To conclude I'd say I am normal not some super crazy popular player.

Have any staff members recommended you? If so, list their names: N/A
-------------------------------------------------
Problem Solving
Detail step by step exactly the actions you would take.

Someone RDMs and you are currently off-duty. How do you handle this?: Record the RDM and situation that happened before it and then make a ticket for an on duty admin to take.

You have seen a fellow staff member of higher or equal rank than you abusing fairly often, but never doing anything too noticeable. What do you do?:  Video Record the members abuse and report it to someone higher ranking than them and have them deal with it accordingly.

A very good friend of yours joins the server. Over the course of an hour, you’ve received multiple complaints about them not following rules, RDM’ing, and minging. How do you proceed knowing this can affect your friendship with them?: I would proceed with them normally just like anyone else. Just because they are my friend doesn't mean they should be able to disrespect the server/community I care about and ruin the fun and experience I am there to help maintain. 

RE: Staff Application - mars0905 - 07-31-2021

I've seen this guy around the server, cool dude always following the rules and a nice mate.
+1

RE: Staff Application - Vox - 08-02-2021

+1 Reading your application really established that you have a good reason to be staff. Although I don't have much interaction with you personally, I think you could be a good fit.

RE: Staff Application - Hue - 08-02-2021

+1 Pleasure to read, seems like a good option for staff

RE: Staff Application - Baldrick - 08-02-2021

+1 I have played with him some times, good guy, follows rules, has the skills needed to be staff.

RE: Staff Application - wackyTiger - 08-13-2021

+1 never saw this guy in RP but his application is very nice and detailed. with his intentions, i believe he would make a great moderator.

RE: Staff Application - Uncle Jack - 08-27-2021

+1, Pretty sure I stumbled across you in RP and we had a great talk. Outstanding application as well.

Staff Application - Pendred - 09-02-2021

Thank you for applying to the Diverge Networks staff team!
It is my pleasure to inform you that your application has been accepted.

Contact myself or another member of Management on Discord for training and to get setup.