Diverge Networks
False Ban - Printable Version

+- Diverge Networks (https://divergenetworks.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Community Management (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Ban Appeals (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+---- Forum: Accepted (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+---- Thread: False Ban (/showthread.php?tid=1941)

False Ban - Sp3ctre - 07-27-2021

Your Name: Stella Artois

Your SteamID (Click to retrieve): STEAM_0:1:101341510

Reason for ban: "RDM|PO's|LTAP"

Length of ban: 13 Days

Reason for appeal (dispute/apology): Dispute

Why should you be unbanned?: This ban has absolutely no foundation, and makes a completely false claim of Ltap, in addition, I was not brought to a sit to explain my side of the story in any sense, Last Night, I was AFK after a server restart, I came back, and was in the Shamrock Bar, the same place I was before server restart, it was roughly midnight for me, so I turn my PC off and go to bed, I come back on this morning and I am banned for RDM + LTAP? This is completely false conduct and ridiculous definition of the concept of LTAP and the ban should never have been made in the first place.

Additional Information (images, videos, etc): N/A

RE: False Ban - Somespy - 07-27-2021

Video of RDM
To start off, I was in the bar asking why I needed to be searched again, I made a little stink saying "Do you get searched at Mcdonalds?" but after a little bit, I let him search me again. I was then told to leave which I then responded with backing up when you pulled a gun, you then shot me and called it self-defense because I'm black. You were brought to a sit right before the restart and then the map changed. Once the map changed you were on your character but AFK, we waited well over 10 minutes for you to come back even returning you at some points just to bring you back. You were still, AFK. Milkman returned you one last time before you left on your own accord.

RE: False Ban - Sp3ctre - 07-27-2021

(07-27-2021, 04:46 PM)Somespy Wrote: Video of RDM
To start off, I was in the bar asking why I needed to be searched again, I made a little stink saying "Do you get searched at Mcdonalds?" but after a little bit, I let him search me again. I was then told to leave which I then responded with backing up when you pulled a gun, you then shot me and called it self-defense because I'm black. You were brought to a sit right before the restart and then the map changed. Once the map changed you were on your character but AFK, we waited well over 10 minutes for you to come back even returning you at some points just to bring you back. You were still, AFK. Milkman returned you one last time before you left on your own accord.

I Was told you were refusing to leave the property and shot you, a member of Management then said "He was black" after you died mate, wasn't me.

You were also told roughly 3 or 4 times to leave over a good 5 Seconds and were shot the same second you started backing up, You only started backing up when I pointed a gun at you and I shot you almost instantly and didn't even realise you were moving backwards.

RE: False Ban - Black_George - 07-27-2021

Sorry, Dons orders

RE: False Ban - Michael Flanagan - 07-27-2021

The guy was minging around the bar and refused to being searched for weapons upon entry, he wasnt there to RP

RE: False Ban - Canadian-bacon - 07-28-2021

After watching the video in full he does eventually allow to be searched (a second time). At which point you request him to leave the bar regardless. You decide him not moving isn't enough so you pull out your weapon, but instead of using it to force him to leave under fear rp you give him no time to react and just execute him. Don't you think you'd have to reasonably allow someone to react to your commands to exit under the threat of violence before resorting to murder?

Furthermore the secondary issue is of the Admin sit. You fail to mention the fact you were brought into a sit BEFORE map change.

RE: False Ban - Sp3ctre - 07-28-2021

(07-28-2021, 03:26 AM)Sp3ctre Wrote:
(07-28-2021, 02:10 AM)Canadian-bacon Wrote: After watching the video in full he does eventually allow to be searched (a second time). At which point you request him to leave the bar regardless. You decide him not moving isn't enough so you pull out your weapon, but instead of using it to force him to leave under fear rp you give him no time to react and just execute him. Don't you think you'd have to reasonably allow someone to react to your commands to exit under the threat of violence before resorting to murder?

Furthermore the secondary issue is of the Admin sit. You fail to mention the fact you were brought into a sit BEFORE map change.

Why would i, as a high ranking member of a Criminal Organisation, Point a gun at someone and give them a reason to go and snitch on me to the police?
And i was AFK Before and after Map Change, i only came back to get onto my character and then got shouted back downstairs to deal with something, That can be confirmed as i literally wasn't there.

RE: False Ban - The Milkman - 07-28-2021

Before the server reset, you were brought to a roof but before shortly after anything could be done, the server changed maps. After I connected I noticed that you connected after me so there's absolutely no way you could think you weren't in a sit. Keep in mind that you have to manually load your character every time a server reset happens. After knowing you're in a sit we believe that you decided to pretend to be afk and after a few minutes pass we teleported you back and waited to see what you would do and you end up disconnecting. So to sumup what just happened up, we teleport you to a roof before a server reset happens and after you join back you manually load in your character and go afk only a few seconds later and remain that way for 10 to 20 minutes only to disconnect after you get teleported back to the shamrock.

RE: False Ban - Sp3ctre - 07-28-2021

(07-28-2021, 03:30 AM)The Milkman Wrote: Before the server reset, you were brought to a roof but before shortly after anything could be done, the server changed maps. After I connected I noticed that you connected after me so there's absolutely no way you could think you weren't in a sit. Keep in mind that you have to manually load your character every time a server reset happens. After knowing you're in a sit we believe that you decided to pretend to be afk and after a few minutes pass we teleported you back and waited to see what you would do and you end up disconnecting. So to sumup what just happened up, we teleport you to a roof before a server reset happens and after you join back you manually load in your character and go afk only a few seconds later and remain that way for 10 to 20 minutes only to disconnect after you get teleported back to the shamrock.

First of all, I've already stated that I loaded my character and went back AFK to do something, You cannot Teleport me to a roof before I have connected to my character so I don't think you can sit here and lie that I was pretending to be AFK in a sit for what sounds like it amounted to 20-30 minutes, I Thank you for crediting me to such dedication though.

In Addition, if I was returned to "See what my reaction would be", why didn't you return me to the roof so that you know, when I come back, I can see that I am in a sit and respond to you,
Instead, you simply left me in the Shamrock Bar, I came back, seen that I was in the Shamrock Bar and all was normal, and then disconnected, Had I been teleported back onto a roof, I would see that I was on a roof, and not disconnect.
Secondly to this, LTAP which literally means Leaving To Avoid Punishment is when someone leaves the server directly to avoid punishment from a member of staff, how can you accuse me of LTAP if I disconnected from the server without any way of knowing that I was involved in a Staff Sit or was being accused of anything.

So, instead of trying to assume and make up things that you think were in my head at the time, I urge you to take responsibility, admit that you could have handled the situation better, admit that you made a small mistake, and learn from it as a staff member.

(Edit:- If anyone could provide the server logs of the timeframe we are looking at here between me being teleported around it would be very helpful and useful information for this thread).

False Ban - Rem - 07-28-2021

Your ban appeal has been reviewed and accepted.

Unable to confidently conclude LTAP.
Video shows RDM. Extensive ban/warn history.

The ban will be reduced to 1 week.