Diverge Networks
Uncle Jack ban appeal - Printable Version

+- Diverge Networks (https://divergenetworks.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Community Management (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Ban Appeals (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+---- Forum: Denied (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=15)
+---- Thread: Uncle Jack ban appeal (/showthread.php?tid=1976)

Uncle Jack ban appeal - Uncle Jack - 08-02-2021

Your Name: Uncle Jack

Your SteamID (Click to retrieve): STEAM_0:1:121403095

Reason for ban: NITRP | Fail Kidnap | RDM Instigation

Length of ban: 1 day

Reason for appeal (dispute/apology): Dispute

Why should you be unbanned?:

Well, there was the whole "event" going on at the suburbs house, where people were kept inmates in the basement and used as experiments. I've helped getting inmates in the federal house when I was told the whole situation was allowed by both staff and FBI. Also, a handful amount of attorneys were inside the building, "interrogating" the inmates. So, the whole thing was a shit show I can agree on that, but when I was brought to a sit two people who I've encountered complaining about me (and two other individuals/grant enterprises workers) kidnapping people off the street. I've also encountered them when one of them shot me for no reason in the middle of the street, and when another of them broke FearRP when myself and two others attempted to zip-tie him and take him to the house. I think It's safe to say I was told by PD higherups and detectives to get the people in the building, and when I have I broke absolutely no rules within the kidnapping section which could've been perfectly by the rules even without this "event" going on. The whole thing was surrounding the RP atmosphere (at least from my perspective) and nobody complained nor called staff at any point of being kidnapped. Plus shall I mention something a bit different from staring at a drug NPC was finally happening... 

A few moments after I was brought to a sit with Vox, the two players I mentioned started yelling questions at me on why I was doing things, I tried to recall who was who (even though I immediately recognized the guy with the weird face looking player model), and before I even got to show my side Vox just decided to ban me, as I was talking about what happened. I'm gonna be honest and say this wasn't an official event, staff was probably not supervising this considering the amount of tickets there was. And yes, I shouldn't have taken part in something that could be breaking the rules. But, I don't think a one-day ban is justified for this, I managed to speak with some FBI agents who were there and they seem to know this has occurred and even the director gave them a green light on doing all of this. In my opinion, things should be analyzed a bit more in detail before simply banning people and giving the regular "appeal this if you deem it's false on the forums" excuse to clean the mess, could've been nicer if I would've shared my side of the story and not only the two people. I even offered to present clips of the situation, but Vox just said "You are not allowed to do that" (about the kidnapping rules), and banned me. Also, despite the NITRP and the Fail Kidnap that was discussed in the sit, who did I RDM by Instigation exactly? I wasn't told anything before being banned, just accusations and the ability to appeal this in the forums. This is my first ban, I've never been warned as far as I'm concerned, and I'm not here to minge.

Additional Information (images, videos, etc): I have the whole situation clipped from start to end so whoever will deal with this appeal may contact me in my discord (UncleJack#3636) and I'll happily share screen the whole thing for each phase. All of them were clipped in medal therefore uploading them one by one will take ages.

RE: Uncle Jack ban appeal - Vox - 08-02-2021

Hi Uncle Jack,

So today was absolutely a mess. You know as well as I know that there was quite a lot of mingery, RDM, FailRP, and the sorts during this player run "event" thing. You were not the only one who deserved punishment and I sadly had to leave before I could issue anything else for other parts of this broader issue. Now, first things first, you are obviously only 1 small part in things and this does not reflect entirely on you, however, you did play a part in it and I still stand by my decision. I did my best to hear both sides of the events and it seemed that your account of events did not match up for a few reasons. 1) You claimed that numerous FBI agents had ordered you to detain individuals (Which is interesting because you were in the NY Citizen faction) 2) During the clip that I was shown it can be seen that you instigated a fight with an FBI agent and also harmed two other players that were in that encounter who literally just stood still during the whole encounter 3) You later changed your story to saw that it was a different group of people, namely the US Attorney's office, that had ordered you to kidnap people. These players had come to me previously (before this sit) due to this "event" and had been mugged/kidnapped/killed multiple times. In the clip, it is shown that you instigated a fight for almost no apparent reason while also kidnapping/mugging the same players multiple times in a row. I really did my best to hear your side of the story, but there was some serious and glaring contradictions from your own personal account of events. I genuinely apologize if you feel it was slightly rushed or if you felt unheard, I did what I could.

Kind regards,
Vox

Uncle Jack ban appeal - Canadian-bacon - 08-02-2021

Your ban appeal has been reviewed and denied.

We have determined this ban to be reasonable and/or justified.

Ensure you have read our Server Rules