Diverge Networks
PK APPEAL, John Doe Char - Printable Version

+- Diverge Networks (https://divergenetworks.com/forums)
+-- Forum: 1980s Mafia Roleplay (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Character Appeals (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+---- Forum: Denied (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+---- Thread: PK APPEAL, John Doe Char (/showthread.php?tid=2072)

PK APPEAL, John Doe Char - BasedGuy22 - 08-23-2021

Name of Character: John Doe

SteamID: STEAM_0:1:120250317

Date of PK: 8/23/2921

Reason for PK: Breaking Fear Rp

Why should you be unPK'd?: The scenario in which I died was very random, I didn't know any of these guys at all. So what happened was that I saw weed pots being thrown from the last floor in world corp so I went up there looking for the source of these pots. I walked in the office and I saw two guys standing in the other room and talking. To be honest I didn't even hear what these guys were saying, As soon as I stepped in the office they saw me and I ran down the stairs trying to escape (until this point there were no guns being pointed at me, they were just chasing me down the stairs). But when I stepped my foot out of world corp's main gate I stopped for a sec to unequip my gun, and at this point they were able to catch up to me and point their guns at me, so I just froze in my place  and then they started to interrogate me, asking me why I was up there and what did I hear from their conversation. I then responded by saying that they can't mug me in the open, so they commanded me to enter world corp again to which I refused and ran away. They gunned me down while I was running away.  The reason I want to be unpked is because this incident was so random, mostly when pks happen they happen in a context in which a public figure gets assassinated, in other words one of the parties was very known and recognized by the public or the majority and had a reputation so them getting pked makes sense. They can also happen when both parties know each other and had conflicts with each other in the past. Pk also happen in the context of a major conflict like pd raid, bank robbery, apartment/house raid, gang wars, resisting arrest by shooting at cops, getting a life sentence or death sentence, etc. So I believe getting pked just because I broke fear rp  ( for the first time on this character) and got gunned down by a bunch of paranoid strangers that I didn't even know in the first place was kind of unfair, unnecessary, and random to say the least. This incident was so insignificant and random for a pk to occur. A lot of people break fear rp but they usually don't get pked because of it, especially if both parties don't know each other or one of them is famous and known by the public. So why me? And Why pk me on my first time getting mugged on this character??  

Just a quick note: During the admin sit with hugh and the muggers, I told them I don't have any problem with restarting the mug again and reenact it as if nothing happened, and this time I wont be breaking fear rp. Which the muggers agreed on but hugh still insisted that I should be pked.

I promise if I get unpked I wont break fear rp ever again.

Apologize for my bad english.

RE: PK APPEAL, John Doe Char - Swigs - 08-23-2021

I was the admin who PK'd you, not Hugh. Now, you did mention that they can't mug openly which is correct so they did try to bring you into a secluded area in World Corp but when they tried you ran away, which showed you had zero value for your life and can result in a PK. Many PK's also happen like this, they just don't get announced. Aswell, using the excuse "It's my first time being mugged" won't really do much. If you play the server it is expected you read the rules. Abide by them or face the consequences of them when you break them. Also, the muggers didn't agree to revert the RP situation, they said no in the sit.

RE: PK APPEAL, John Doe Char - Hue - 08-23-2021

I'm gonna be honest, I have no idea who you are. I did not take you to a sit nor did I PK you.

RE: PK APPEAL, John Doe Char - BasedGuy22 - 08-23-2021

(08-23-2021, 08:26 PM)Swigs Wrote: I was the admin who PK'd you, not Hugh. Now, you did mention that they can't mug openly which is correct so they did try to bring you into a secluded area in World Corp but when they tried you ran away, which showed you had zero value for your life and can result in a PK. Many PK's also happen like this, they just don't get announced. Aswell, using the excuse "It's my first time being mugged" won't really do much. If you play the server it is expected you read the rules. Abide by them or face the consequences of them when you break them. Also, the muggers didn't agree to revert the RP situation, they said no in the sit.
Sorry I thought you was hugh, but never mind. 

I can recall that when I asked if "There's any other option (instead of getting pked)" one of the guys said something like "Yes, but if you tell me what did you hear up there", to which you refused anyway and insisted on pking me. 

"If you play the server it is expected you read the rules" 
That's absolutely right and I don't have any objection on that, but correct me if I'm wrong. Isn't the punishment for an out of character infringement like breaking server rules supposed to be a punishment that is out of character too? (banning, kicking, or muting). While committing an in character infringement like violating pd law and getting involved in major conflicts with other players (while not breaking server rules) is supposed to result in a consequence that is in character too? (like permakill)

Based on what you're saying, committing an out of character infringement can result in an in character consequence/punishment, which doesn't make sense and is unfair.

RE: PK APPEAL, John Doe Char - Swigs - 08-23-2021

(08-23-2021, 08:46 PM)BasedGuy22 Wrote:
(08-23-2021, 08:26 PM)Swigs Wrote: I was the admin who PK'd you, not Hugh. Now, you did mention that they can't mug openly which is correct so they did try to bring you into a secluded area in World Corp but when they tried you ran away, which showed you had zero value for your life and can result in a PK. Many PK's also happen like this, they just don't get announced. Aswell, using the excuse "It's my first time being mugged" won't really do much. If you play the server it is expected you read the rules. Abide by them or face the consequences of them when you break them. Also, the muggers didn't agree to revert the RP situation, they said no in the sit.
Sorry I thought you was hugh, but never mind. 

I can recall that when I asked if "There's any other option (instead of getting pked)" one of the guys said something like "Yes, but if you tell me what did you hear up there", to which you refused anyway and insisted on pking me. 

"If you play the server it is expected you read the rules" 
That's absolutely right and I don't have any objection on that, but correct me if I'm wrong. Isn't the punishment for an out of character infringement like breaking server rules supposed to be a punishment that is out of character too? (banning, kicking, or muting). While committing an in character infringement like violating pd law and getting involved in major conflicts with other players (while not breaking server rules) is supposed to result in a consequence that is in character too? (like permakill)

Based on what you're saying, committing an out of character infringement can result in an in character consequence/punishment, which doesn't make sense and is unfair.
We can choose to PK or OOC punish them for breaking FearRP rules. It's admin discretion.

I know that I'm not allowed to meddle in the server's administration, but is the choice whether to pk or ooc punish someone as an admin based on a certain principle or is it just random/based on the mood of the admin hosting the sit? OOC Punishment and Pk are totally different things. One is more severe than the other.

So if two players break fear rp and one gets pked while the other just gets temporarily banned, isn't that unfair?

What's the main dividing line between PK'ing and OOC Punishing someone? Is there even a dividing line or do admins just choose to pk someone instead of ooc punishing them (or vise versa) just because they feel like doing so?

I would appreciate it if you give me another chance, I wont break fear rp ever again.

RE: PK APPEAL, John Doe Char - Canadian-bacon - 08-24-2021

The main dividing thing would be how one values their life.

If they don't value their life on their main character with lots of time and progress the consequence of death over being banned is much more severe.

Whereas if someone who's made a new character or has very little value on an 'alt char' breaks fear rp they have no care for losing that character and will break fear rp without regard / not value their life, therefore a ban is more appropriate.

The fear of the consequence is what is meant to keep you in line, as it would in a realistic scenario.

Your appeal has been reviewed and denied.

We have determined this PK to be reasonable and/or justified.

You may not re-appeal this PK.