Diverge Networks
Staff Application - Printable Version

+- Diverge Networks (https://divergenetworks.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Community Management (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Staff Applications (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+---- Forum: Accepted (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+---- Thread: Staff Application (/showthread.php?tid=2102)

Staff Application - Cätbøy - 09-01-2021

In-Game Name(s): Leo Perin Moretti / Kevin Mason

Steam Name: Cätbøy

Steam Profile Link: https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198830112326

Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:434923299

Discord Username: vøįd#1442

Total playtime on Server (Do !time in-game): 1mo 3d 2h 12m

Time Zone: BRT | UTC -3

How much time can you realistically dedicate to moderating?: [b]Well, I’m on the server basically every day for at the very least 4 hours, and I’m mostly not really doing anything that requires attention all the time.[/b]

Have you read the rules?: Yes, I have.

Do you have a working microphone?: Yes, I do.

Do you acknowledge that you must attend all staff meetings (Unless you have stated why you cannot beforehand): Yes, I do.

Are you familiarized with SAM and/or Nutscript commands?: I don't think I am, no.

Do you acknowledge that lying on this application will result in immediate denial and blacklisting from staff?: Yes, I do.

-------------------------------------------------
Long Answer
Questions proceeded with an asterisk require a response of 5 Sentences Minimum.

What is your motivation/reason for applying?: Well, I've been thinking of applying for a while now, but every time I'm very close to it, something happens and I lose interest. I've talked to Pepp3r about me applying, he told me not to but here I am anyway.
The main reason I want to become staff for is that most of the time when I'm on the server, staff are too busy with other people, being AFK, or there's no staff at all; with that, minges start showing up and acting like retards until something is done, which most of the time is nothing.
Though I can see this is slowly getting fixed, I hope that by me becoming staff considering I'm on almost every day, I can help patch up this issue with minges and staff hardly ever being on.

Why should you be considered over other candidates?: I think of questions like this more something whoever is reviewing this application should ask themselves than me answering this. Realistically, nothing makes me stand out, I'm just another player that wants to help the server.
However, what I guess would apply here is that I'm on the server for at least 4 hours every day, sometimes more, and more than half of those I'm just sitting around doing nothing. I want to help people with issues I can solve and reduce the amount minges that come on and do absolutely nothing good for the RP on the server.

Do you have any previous staffing experience? (Please list where, what position and how long): I have been a Moderator on a Vietnam War RP server before for about 1 month until I transferred to an SWRP server from the same community, still as a Moderator, but I stayed there for about 2 more months before the community died. I've also been a Moderator on some random DarkRP server I can't remember for about 3-4 weeks before that too died.

Have you been banned before on any of our servers? If so, why?: I have not been banned as far as I know, though I think I have a warning for RDM issued by Sydney.

Would you say that you are well known in our community, what's your reputation, what do other members think of you?: I don't think I'm well known in the community, or at least not by a lot of people. Some probably have seen me running around doing something here and there but I'm not the one that goes around talking to people all the time and whatnot.
As far as how many people know me, I would say a group of people in the Lucchese, the HA, and the Sanzensekai knows who I am.
I think my reputation is... rather normal. I mean, I haven't really done anything stupid to get people pissed at me, but I'm not a big hero either. People that know me probably think I'm a common roleplayer, I go around to some places, do /mes here and there, talk to people when doing business, and in general act like a normal human being.

Have any staff members recommended you? If so, list their names: Shmurda

-------------------------------------------------
Problem Solving
Detail step by step exactly the actions you would take.

Someone RDMs and you are currently off-duty. How do you handle this?: If the RDM was on me, or if it was directly involving me there is not much I can do, considering if I take the sit myself it would be considered a biased sit and I could get in trouble for that.
Now, if it didn't involve me directly, I would get off of my RP character, get on my staff one and wait for a ticket. While waiting I could watch over the dude that supposedly RDMed someone to see if he is going around killing people still.
Say a ticket comes or I see him killing people for no reason, I'd bring him to a sit and ask why he killed those people, double-check logs just to be sure, ask for proof from the people reporting him if necessary, and if he did kill people for no reason, punish him accordingly.

You have seen a fellow staff member of higher or equal rank than you abusing fairly often, but never doing anything too noticeable. What do you do?: Abuse is abuse, regardless of what the person is doing. I would gather proof of said staff member abusing his power, and fill a Staff Report.

A very good friend of yours joins the server. Over the course of an hour, you’ve received multiple complaints about them not following rules, RDM’ing, and minging. How do you proceed knowing this can affect your friendship with them?: When inviting people to a server I play, I make sure to tell them to read the rules and not act like a retard, RP properly and don't piss people off. Knowing that, I would bring them to a sit and have a talk with them. Review the evidence presented by the people complaining; I have already told this friend to read and follow the rules of the server, if they did or not it's not my problem, they are still breaking the rules. If the evidence is clear, meaning that my friend did in fact break the rules, I would punish them accordingly.

Now, having this affect the friendship when they knew they were wrong is pretty dumb, It's a game and there's plenty of more servers to play.
Another option would be having another staff available take the sit since people might say it's a biased sit if we know each other.

RE: Staff Application - catgoku22 - 09-01-2021

+1 this is guy is really competent and knows the rules and will be a great addition to the staff, also just a good person in general

RE: Staff Application - Macho_man270 - 09-01-2021

+1 real cool dude we need more active staff

RE: Staff Application - Sniper_x_215 - 09-01-2021

1+ really nice guy

Staff Application - Pendred - 09-02-2021

Thank you for applying to the Diverge Networks staff team!
It is my pleasure to inform you that your application has been accepted.

Contact myself or another member of Management on Discord for training and to get setup.