Diverge Networks
A legal faction application - Printable Version

+- Diverge Networks (https://divergenetworks.com/forums)
+-- Forum: 1980s Mafia Roleplay (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Faction Applications (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=22)
+---- Forum: Accepted (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+---- Thread: A legal faction application (/showthread.php?tid=211)

A legal faction application - Grant - 12-22-2020

Name of Faction: Grant Enterprises 

Number of Members(Minimum of 5): Over 5, depends on how many people want to come over, and how many people we recruit.

Type Of Faction (Family, Triad, Street Gang, etc): Legal Business 

Organization Backstory (Minimum of 150 Words

Grant Enterprises was formed in 1974 by Jake Grant. At the time he was a NYPD detective. He was sick off all the disrespect officers would receive in establishments around the city. He realised that he should make his own bar, for all his NYPD brothers. He would gain some funds, most through his good friend, and captain at the time, Bellamy Peralta. He then founded Shaws bar. Him, and his manager Shmurda Wood would make alot if money off the place. Around a million between them, through thing like VIP, black jack, back hand deals ect. But most famous and profitable incomes of the bar would be that of Lobster. Grant met with his friend Lucas Hanover, then organised with Dominic Tanners and Thomas Abruzzi organised an arrangement for these lobsters. From here Grant would fish many lobsters and then would sell them on to Gambino logistics from the back alley of his bar.

Shaws would be successful for some time,  until the Precinct moved elsewhere for a short time. With this Grant would have no time to run it. Just before this move Grant took heavy insurance out on the bar for "safety while he's away". Soon after a 'Tragic' fire would burn down the bar. Grant received a large insurance payout which,  would immediately be transferred to his Caribbean bank account. He would face questions from the IRS and investigations by them, but none would be fruitful.

Grant would do many more businesses ventures over the years, eventually amassing 45 million in multiple shore accounts. Many of these businesses would fall under the parent company 

Grant Enterprises would be dormant since 81 with Grant doing some international work and working down in Virginia. 

This all would take us right up until 1984, he was now the Commissioner of the New York Police Department. His 12 year old son Timmy would be selling candies and making much more money than him. So he decided it was time to bring back Grant Enterprises. Grant would assemble some old friends from over the years, and reestablish the organisation.

Notes: This faction has been formed through IC means going all the way back to MP relaunch to here.

We would request a nice property to run, and if possible a legal racket. This can be talked over in PMs.

I will still be able to focus fully on the NYPD faction, as I have people in place to run this with me. I would have people in place to run things.

We would also like to ask for the same access to drug vendors as citizens. Some of our members run drugs on the side, and we would like this to continue as it is good RP.

Any further questions let me know

RE: A legal faction application - JJ the god - 12-22-2020

+1 this man is jesus

RE: A legal faction application - Crippled Boss - 12-22-2020

+1 Good addition to the server, need more legal rp.

RE: A legal faction application - Metrail - 12-22-2020

+1 LegalRP Good RP

RE: A legal faction application - Calloway - 12-24-2020

Congratulations! Your Faction Application has been ACCEPTED. I have personally judged your faction and have deemed it valuable enough to hold a slot in the Faction list of Diverge Networks. I have also seen the Community's response to this faction and it seems to be a very fun and legit faction that follows our rules. You will be given the Faction Leader tag on discord, and I will DM you with more details.