Diverge Networks
Staff Application, V1 - Printable Version

+- Diverge Networks (https://divergenetworks.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Community Management (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Staff Applications (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+---- Forum: Accepted (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+---- Thread: Staff Application, V1 (/showthread.php?tid=2111)

Staff Application, V1 - Moses - 09-04-2021

In-Game Name(s): Currently: Jack Banion, Elijah Moses Sterling. Formerly: Oscar Santiago-Delgado, Thomas Benetto, Thomas Decico.
Steam Name: Moses
Steam Profile Link: https://steamcommunity.com/id/RedSeaJew/
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:63629212
Discord Username: Tennessee#4041
Total playtime on Server (Do !time in-game): 1 month, 2 weeks
Time Zone: EST
How much time can you realistically dedicate to moderating?: Most likely 5-8 hours per day.
Have you read the rules?: A few times over.
Do you have a working microphone?: Yes.
Do you acknowledge that you must attend all staff meetings (Unless you have stated why you cannot beforehand): Fully acknowledged, and understood.
Are you familiarized with SAM and/or Nutscript commands?: Not all SAM/ULX commands fully, though NutScript is mostly known.
Do you acknowledge that lying on this application will result in immediate denial and blacklisting from staff?: Fully understood.
-------------------------------------------------
Long Answer
Questions proceeded with an asterisk require a response of 5 Sentences Minimum.

What is your motivation/reason for applying?:  My reason for this staff application is due to the fact that I am rather bored with the current state of Diverge. I am unsure as to what is fun to me, so I keep running from faction to faction. I enjoy my time on here, though I have no motivation to constantly play on criminal/police characters. I wish to assist those that are in need whether they be stuck, or are dealing with others breaking rules. I believe that I can assist those during later hours when other staff are not actively on. I am actively on playing with friends, and I simply sit around not contributing anything to RP, so I feel I can help others with those infringing upon their own role play experience. My final addition to this is that I am also actively dealing with minges and whatnot on the daily basis now. An hour prior to this application being posted I was being harassed by multiple minges who kept breaking NLR following their death, almost nine times over. I also had a large group of gentlemen attacking a property over and over again around a week ago for no reason. They were just punch minging, and breaking NLR after being killed nearly thirty times and no staff were active and on to assist. *

Why should you be considered over other candidates?:  I personally do not believe that I should be considered over any other candidates, and I often dislike questions like this. If I were to be chosen over other candidates it would be due to my prior experience of maintaining a position within staff. Along with this, I have familiarized myself with basic commands and the rules necessary to perform the tasks required. I also have a lengthy amount of time on the server, whilst retaining nothing but a simple note for an RDM case that I admitted to, nigh on a month ago. I have spent nearly two months on Diverge, and have obtained multiple RP positions, so I suppose it's also proven that I do not just blatantly minge. *

Do you have any previous staffing experience? (Please list where, what position and how long):
Moderator - Mobster's Paradise (Under Rhodesia/Nick), around two, to three weeks before my activity dwindled.

Have you been banned before on any of our servers? If so, why?:
I have not been banned on Diverge.

Would you say that you are well known in our community, what's your reputation, what do other members think of you?: My status on my roleplay characters, along with my demeanor of being relatively generous, kind, and sometimes a bit of a clown has lead me to some sort of liking by some community members. I often hang around with the Italian factions and am usually speaking with some of them on the daily. I would say most factions, and their members that know me think I am active, and that I hold myself in a calm demeanor. I've been told by somebody that they enjoyed being around me. I was told by another that an area just got oddly bored after I left to collect a shipment. I would say overall that I leave a positive effect in most people's mind, whilst I also admit that some people have gained a bad image of me from the short periods where my RP quality dropped below average. From when I might have started randomly yelling at the local woman for simply being a woman (Sorry, not sorry, Francesca). Sometimes I have shown myself as a minge, though usually if I ever overstep my own boundaries, and let's say for example I RDM somebody. Usually I'd admit to it, comp them, and accept my punishment. Which some people have liked the honest part of myself for situations like that. I know a few faction high command that like me, except for Shelby. Shelby doesn't like me because I act like a crack addict while in game. *

Have any staff members recommended you? If so, list their names:
Rem, Void, Shmurda.

-------------------------------------------------

Problem Solving
Detail step by step exactly the actions you would take.

Someone RDMs and you are currently off-duty. How do you handle this?:
If somebody RDMs another player, and I am currently not taking tickets for whatever reason I would most likely wait a few minutes if another staff member was on for them to assist the player. If there is no other staff actively taking tickets, are busy, or if I wasn't in an active RP scenario or dealing with something IRL I would take the ticket myself and deal with it as I would any other.

You have seen a fellow staff member of higher or equal rank than you abusing fairly often, but never doing anything too noticeable. What do you do?:
Well, first off I would clip anything said staff member does with Medal TV or something of the sort, and proceed to report their activities privately to those above them such as the Head Administrator, or the Founder. Following this I would attempt to monitor their activity discreetly and clip more depending on if they continue to act out. Of course, if told to not pursue and let the others deal with the situation then I would stand down, and allow the Global Administration to deal with the staff member.

A very good friend of yours joins the server. Over the course of an hour, you’ve received multiple complaints about them not following rules, RDM’ing, and minging. How do you proceed knowing this can affect your friendship with them?:
I would of course attempt to get another staff member to deal with the situation as I would not want to take a sit that seems biased in any way. Though if I were the only staff on I would review the evidence provided by those who report the player, and punish them according to the servers rules regardless of the situation. If they get hurt over a video game where they were in the wrong, I don't really want them as a friend.
---------------------------------------------------------

RE: Staff Application, V1 - Sniper_x_215 - 09-04-2021

1+ nice guy

RE: Staff Application, V1 - Hue - 09-04-2021

+1 We need some more staff who are gonna be active, and you seem like a decent guy with genuine ambitions

RE: Staff Application, V1 - Moses - 09-04-2021

(09-04-2021, 07:07 AM)Hue Wrote: +1 We need some more staff who are gonna be active, and you seem like a decent guy with genuine ambitions

I appreciate your response, though I think Lobster should make a comeback.

RE: Staff Application, V1 - MAC - 09-04-2021

+1 met him before in game pretty chill and would be good staff

RE: Staff Application, V1 - Macho_man270 - 09-04-2021

+1 nice guy has helped me before

RE: Staff Application, V1 - Cätbøy - 09-04-2021

+1

Known this guy for a while, he's good.

Staff Application, V1 - Rem - 09-06-2021

Thank you for applying to the Diverge Networks staff team!
It is my pleasure to inform you that your application has been accepted.

Contact myself or another member of Management on Discord for training and to get setup.