Diverge Networks
False and erroneous server restriction for consciously trying to improve roleplay. - Printable Version

+- Diverge Networks (https://divergenetworks.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Community Management (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Ban Appeals (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+---- Forum: Denied (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=15)
+---- Thread: False and erroneous server restriction for consciously trying to improve roleplay. (/showthread.php?tid=2196)

Pages: 1 2

False and erroneous server restriction for consciously trying to improve roleplay. - Kelestra - 10-01-2021

Your Name:

Your SteamID (Click to retrieve):

Reason for ban: 'Leaving to avoid arrest'

Length of ban: 24 hours

Reason for appeal (dispute/apology):

I was told that I would be waiting 7 hours for a court hearing to take place so my innocence could be proven in roleplay that no crime had been commited. In the time previous to that my character was locked into the NYPD station cells with aboslutely no roleplay taking place. In preperation for that, I connected the USB Bluetooth dongle that allows me to use my microphone in-game. But as I had already connected to the server the only way I could use it due to limitations with steam voice and Garry's Mod if I was to disconnected from the game and reconnect.

I disconnected from the server while I was locked and detained and then reconnected in the exact same cells but minus my handcuffs - which I was not aware dissapear after a player relogs. Server Moderator 'draggydx' then claimed that I had disconnected from the server just so the handcuffs would be released. This obviously wasn't the case. Because it would be useless for me to do that, I was still in my locked cell in the PD that was surrounded by officers. Having handcuffs or not was irrelevent .

Why should you be unbanned?

draggydx refused to give me a sit in-game. I was continuing roleplay and was really surprised to see that he had decided to suddenly ban me without warning or explanation.

Additional Information (images, videos, etc):

[Image: V8y6yxF.png]

[Image: mKbN1bX.png]

RE: False and erroneous server restriction for consciously trying to improve roleplay. - draggydx - 10-01-2021

I would say I did mislabel the ban on this however, you did leave the server to untie your restirants on you. Then you recconnted then glitched out your cells more than likely using the sit glitch. Then you attempted to leave the cells using the vent system. You should be banned for even longer for obvious exploiting and the logs showed you disconnecting purposely instead of what you told me on dms which you said you crash because of some sound devices. I didn't really jump the ban, I was gathering up all the evidence.

RE: False and erroneous server restriction for consciously trying to improve roleplay. - MarlyZ89 - 10-01-2021

You disconnected, and made no attempt to say "Oh i had to reconnect because i was fixing my mic" And proceeded to beat up a cop, You are just being a minge in general, leaving to get uncuffed, plus you did /fallover to uncuff/kill yourself after you had been rearrested after disconnecting.

I am the probationary officer who was helping arrest you, both times

RE: False and erroneous server restriction for consciously trying to improve roleplay. - Pendred - 10-01-2021

Commenting on this appeal whilst not being involved in the situation will result in punishment.

RE: False and erroneous server restriction for consciously trying to improve roleplay. - Kelestra - 10-01-2021

(10-01-2021, 04:19 PM)Dragoslav Vaykos Wrote: You should inform beforehand that you are reconnecting. Furthermore, I don't know how long have you been on this server, but people use everything possible to gain an advantage on the server. So it is warranted that staff were thinking that

Hi, thanks for the comment.

Although its not very nice to have staff just automaticly presume that every action is a malicious one. I was really looking forward to the court trial roleplay and wanted to participate in it.
But I was told by a police officer that it would take me 7 hours before that would happen, I find it really strange that the player who is willing to lock another player in a cell with nothing to do for 7 hours is the one who isn't punished, but the player who is expected to stay in his cell for that amount of time is banned for 'leaving to avoid arrest' despite the fact I was already arrested. I didn't leave to avoid or abuse anything.

My ban record is competley clean. And a warning would have been nice or an explanation of the problem, but I didn't get that.

(10-01-2021, 04:18 PM)draggydx Wrote: I would say I did mislabel the ban on this however, you did leave the server to untie your restirants on you. Then you recconnted then glitched out your cells more than likely using the sit glitch. Then you attempted to leave the cells using the vent system. You should be banned for even longer for obvious exploiting and the logs showed you disconnecting purposely instead of what you told me on dms which you said you crash because of some sound devices. I didn't really jump the ban, I was gathering up all the evidence.

'you did leave the server to untie your restirants on you'

No? this is completley untrue. Why do you keep insinuating that I did. The appeal states that I had absolutely no idea that restraints would untie after reconnecting, and then I explained why it would be pointless for me to do that.

What you are doing here draggydx is really disgusting and disgraceful

You are saying that sitting down is an exploit that should increase my ban lenght?

I really don't think you have even read my appeal. I never once said that I crashed in our DMs (Which are in this thread)

@draggydx Are you a native English speaker? Or did you just not even bother to read the appeal?

RE: False and erroneous server restriction for consciously trying to improve roleplay. - draggydx - 10-01-2021

(10-01-2021, 04:29 PM)Kelestra Wrote:
(10-01-2021, 04:19 PM)Dragoslav Vaykos Wrote: You should inform beforehand that you are reconnecting. Furthermore, I don't know how long have you been on this server, but people use everything possible to gain an advantage on the server. So it is warranted that staff were thinking that

Hi, thanks for the comment.

Although its not very nice to have staff just automaticly presume that every action is a malicious one. I was really looking forward to the court trial roleplay and wanted to partisipate in it.
But I was told by a police officer that it would take me 7 hours before that would happen, I find it really strange that the player who is willing to lock another player in a cell with nothing to do for 7 hours is the one who isn't punished, but the player who is expected to stay in his cell for that amount of time is banned for 'leaving to avoid arrest' despite the fact I was already arrested. I didn't leave to avoid or abuse anything.

My ban record is competley clean. And a warning would have been nice or an explanation of the problem, but I didn't get that.

(10-01-2021, 04:18 PM)draggydx Wrote: I would say I did mislabel the ban on this however, you did leave the server to untie your restirants on you. Then you recconnted then glitched out your cells more than likely using the sit glitch. Then you attempted to leave the cells using the vent system. You should be banned for even longer for obvious exploiting and the logs showed you disconnecting purposely instead of what you told me on dms which you said you crash because of some sound devices. I didn't really jump the ban, I was gathering up all the evidence.

'you did leave the server to untie your restirants on you'

No? this is completley untrue. Why do you keep insinuating that I did. The appeal states that I had absolutely no idea that restraints would untie after reconnecting, and then I explained why it would be pointless for me to do that.

What you are doing here draggydx is really disgusting and disgraceful

You are saying that sitting down is an exploit that should increase my ban lenght?

I really don't think you have even read my appeal. I never once said that I crashed in our DMs (Which are in this thread)

@draggydx Are you a native English speaker? Or did you just not even bother to read the appeal?
 [color=#333333][size=small][font=Tahoma, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif]Anyone who seen the video of you trying to escape obviously shows you weren't trying to do court rp you were caught red handed going into the vent.....

RE: False and erroneous server restriction for consciously trying to improve roleplay. - Kelestra - 10-01-2021

Again, you didn't even read the appeal. I lever left to get uncuffed, being uncuffed was just a side product of me preparing to roleplay the 7 hours that I was told I would be waiting in a cell.

The real 'mingy' behavior is from the Police Officer player who is willing to lock another player in a cell with nothing to do for 7 hours, but the player who is expected to stay in his cell for that amount of time is banned for 'leaving to avoid arrest', despite already being arrested.

Hey im not expert at rp but I think this video shows that you didn't really want to court rp and rp in general. You didn't even attempt to tell officer you dced or your situation. You actually attack them instead.
https://streamable.com/usmpx2

(10-01-2021, 04:55 PM)draggydx Wrote: Hey im not expert at rp but I think this video shows that you didn't really want to court rp and rp in general. You didn't even attempt to tell officer you dced or your situation. You actually attack them instead.
https://streamable.com/usmpx2

I can tell your not an expert at RP, that's clear as day.

You don't seem to care much that the officers weren't making any communication with me and were out of chat range for me to speak to them.

Audio was also muted in the streamable video to hide the fact they were using Discord to comunicate with each other and metagame about what was happening in-game and they made not attempt to resolve the issues of the sitting glitch that forced me out of the cells against my will.

All the admins dealing with this situation has the main orinigal clip, I'm not hiding anything