Diverge Networks
Edaxs second chance - Printable Version

+- Diverge Networks (https://divergenetworks.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Community Management (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Staff Applications (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+---- Forum: Accepted (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+---- Thread: Edaxs second chance (/showthread.php?tid=2209)

Pages: 1 2

Edaxs second chance - AerodynamicsCop - 10-04-2021

Id like to start first with an apology for my past as a staff here, I take full blame for all of my mistakes, and I’m thankful that I was given a second chance here on the staff team. I’m here Improved, and ready not to fuck up again. Id like to request more guidance this time, rather than figuring it out myself. I fill this out knowing that there will be some scrutiny, but id like to repair the image that I have stupidly set for myself and i would like to use this chance to do so

In-Game Name(s): Jacob, Noah and Darren Wolfe, Matteo Toscano,
Steam Name: Mangos Dominus Edax
Steam Profile Link: https://steamcommunity.com/id/AeroCop/
Steam ID:STEAM_0:1:120540826
Discord Username:-Aerodynamics_Cop-#3817
Total playtime on Server (Do !time in-game):3w 2d 10h 30m
Time Zone: CST
How much time can you realistically dedicate to moderating?: I’m on the server a few hours a day, so I can realistically dedicate time
Have you read the rules?: yes I have 
8Do you have a working microphone?: i do
Do you acknowledge that you must attend all staff meetings (Unless you have stated why you cannot beforehand): Yes, I understand
Are you familiarized with SAM and/or Nutscript commands?: Yes I am
Do you acknowledge that lying on this application will result in immediate denial and blacklisting from staff?: Absolutely
-------------------------------------------------
Long Answer
Questions proceeded with an asterix require a response of 5 Sentences Minimum.

What is your motivation/reason for applying?:  * When I first joined the server, I joined just to have fun with a friend. But recently I've run into multiple issues with players and staff to an extent. Players get away with RDM because there's so much going on for the staff. Or when it's late at night and there's no staff online when others are. I see a lot of the time that staff are having ticket issues and that's one of the things i would definitely like to aid with, and overall keep the community happy and safe. Helping people with issues is something I'm passionate about, and it helps keep a happy community as well as staff. Adding onto it, ive learned from my mistakes as previous staff and I believe I’ve improved in deduction of issues, and I know to read things more closely.

Why should you be considered over other candidates?:  * I Should be considered over other candidates if there are because I'm very passionate about my work. Helping people is my forte and this community really means a lot to me. Hence why I'm on it every day talking and hanging with people. In all my time of experience as staff on other servers, I've come to learn many things, including professionalism and attitude. I'm also of the belief that no one is above another, meaning everyone gets the same type of (excellent) help, no warnings or two warnings everyone is heard out with their issues.

Do you have any previous staffing experience? (Please list where, what position and how long): SW:RP Server: Admin - 1 year                   SW:RP server - mod to Admin to super admin over the span of two years
                          SW:RP server - Admin -6 months
                          SW:RP Server - Head GM - 3 months
                           Warhammer RP - Admin - 6 month
                          Halo RP - Head Game-master - 3 months
                       Diverge Networks - 3 ½ months Admin/GM
Have you been banned before on any of our servers? If so, why?: No
Would you say that you are well known in our community, what's your reputation, what do other members think of you?:  * I'd say yes, I am well known in the community. I try to help as much as I can on my medical life, helping people after fights or shootings ETC, getting on the good sides of all, especially the islamic faction. I can say the same for my Officer life, I help wherever i can and im on very good terms with the islamic faction, providing what i can. On both lives i strive my best to protect and serve others, while having fun in the process with everyone. I am also respected greatly on both, to an extant as there are those who dislike the police or just rob paramedics.
Have any staff members recommended you? If so, list their names: 
-------------------------------------------------
Problem Solving
Detail step by step exactly the actions you would take.

Someone RDMs and you are currently off-duty. How do you handle this?: Leave my current character if im not in any sort of RP and take care of it
You have seen a fellow staff member of higher or equal rank than you abusing fairly often, but never doing anything too noticeable. What do you do?: Get video/picture evidence next time they do it and send the information through the proper channels. If its a staff report forum or going up the chain of command
A very good friend of yours joins the server. Over the course of an hour, you’ve received multiple complaints about them not following rules, RDM’ing, and minging. How do you proceed knowing this can affect your friendship with them?: Ban them for the appropriate time or take the correct measurements. Tell them to suck it the fuck up if they ask you IRL or Call, read the rules next time. Theys a bitch if they let it affect a friendship

RE: Edaxs second chance - ayo - 10-04-2021

RE: Edaxs second chance - AerodynamicsCop - 10-04-2021

(10-04-2021, 11:23 PM)ayo Wrote:
This needs context.

The guy glitched out of his cell and repeatedly attempted to escape, so i took the mater into my own hands and returned him to the cell forcefully.

RE: Edaxs second chance - ayo - 10-05-2021

(10-04-2021, 11:26 PM)AerodynamicsCop Wrote:
This needs context.

The guy glitched out of his cell and repeatedly attempted to escape, so i took the mater into my own hands and returned him to the cell forcefully.

So you punish a player ICly for their OOC actions, either way isn't something an admin should do. If he had escaped utilizing glitches/exploits then it would've been your duty to hop on your staff character and deal it with their instead of grab them off duty, in front of players who are oblivious to whats going on and just see an admin carrying someone to the jail cells, and punish them with in character consequences (Him getting arrested).

RE: Edaxs second chance - AerodynamicsCop - 10-05-2021

(10-05-2021, 12:06 AM)ayo Wrote:
(10-04-2021, 11:26 PM)AerodynamicsCop Wrote:
This needs context.

So you punish a player ICly for their OOC actions, either way isn't something an admin should do. If he had escaped utilizing glitches/exploits then it would've been your duty to hop on your staff character and deal it with their instead of grab them off duty, in front of players who are oblivious to whats going on and just see an admin carrying someone to the jail cells, and punish them with in character consequences (Him getting arrested).
And I apologize for those actions. I was tied up at the moment and i didnt feel like I could just switch, so I made that mistake. However its very frustrating when someone blatantly breaks rules (exploiting) and i cant do much because im stuck in that moment.

RE: Edaxs second chance - Chubbs - 10-05-2021

RE: Edaxs second chance - Vex - 10-05-2021

+1

Even tho you banned me, you was one of the staff that grinded tickets alot. Which makes up a good staff member. However there is room for alot of improvement such as you using you're phys gun on rp chars to freeze rule breakers. It is understandable but I think if you can learn to not do that you can be good!

RE: Edaxs second chance - kash - 10-05-2021

+1

Edax as always been a personal friend of mine, ever since I came back to the server in June, while yes he might’ve been an idiot at some points, every time he was on he was just grinding the shit out of tickets, which is something that most staff just don’t do nowadays. I personally believe that he should come back, and should be given another chance.

Minor note, chubbs is only -1’ing cuz Edax PK’d him. Lol.

RE: Edaxs second chance - Chubbs - 10-05-2021

No, I just dont like the actions he did as a staff member thats it. Of course i was pissed at the PK but why would that influence a actual important decision.

RE: Edaxs second chance - TheDevil372 - 10-07-2021

+1 
Edax was one of the best staff members I've interacted with. I think he definitely deserves a second chance