Diverge Networks
me and my friends who just joined just got banned 5 minutes in - Printable Version

+- Diverge Networks (https://divergenetworks.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Community Management (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Ban Appeals (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+---- Forum: Accepted (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+---- Thread: me and my friends who just joined just got banned 5 minutes in (/showthread.php?tid=2309)

me and my friends who just joined just got banned 5 minutes in - andrewh2007 - 10-19-2021

Your Name i was to new to remember even my name 

Your SteamID 76561198251633464

Reason for ban: being in vc with friends 

Length of ban:1 day 

Reason for appeal (dispute/apology): unacceptable and everyone does it and its not a rule 

Why should you be unbanned? because its not a rule and we dint get any warning and everyone's doing it

Additional Information (images, videos, etc):

RE: me and my friends who just joined just got banned 5 minutes in - Luci - 10-19-2021

Andrew is a younger person- it's harder for him to get his point across. I met him In Character/Game, he was apart of the situation that involved 4 people getting banned for Meta-Gaming, he was 1 of the 3 new members the user Paulsies was educating on the games mechanics.

RE: me and my friends who just joined just got banned 5 minutes in - Baldrick - 10-19-2021

Hello.

I was the staff member that issued your ban for Violating Metagaming Rules | Using OOC Discord to communicate IC'ly, this is because I had been watching your group for a while now, and started to notice you not talking in-game to each other for a very long time and it became clear you were using some sort of other communication, rather than in-game. As you would all follow each other and not use IC communication barley. I then checked the Paulsies Discord, to see if this was were you were communicating in-game as I had suspicion of this as you were all following each other around and not talking in-game to each other, so once it became clear to me you were using some other form of communication I checked discord, I then went to a discord server called Celeberal Paulsies, owned by one of the members I had suspicion on being Paulsies, as I was checking the voice channels, I noticed 4 people in a VC called Garry's Mod, And in-game there was a group of four people including Paulsies, and their friends, so I then watched your group of four for a bit longer, and you were still not communicating in-game in any shape of form, and I had very high suspicion that you were using Discord. So I checked the Celerberal Paulsies discord again, and a group of 4 people were in a VC called Garrys mod. Also in a recent appeal by one of the users who got banned he states that "She did and decided to be extremely helpful to me and my friend. she all in Voice Chat, showed us where to go for processing, how to set up equipment, the ins and outs of purchasing and pricing. " Which proves my point even further that you were using that discord to communicate IC'ly and do IC actions. Which was not allowed as Pendred Recently said a announcement regarding discords, stating that if it is not owned by Diverge Networks or have a member of management in it with admin perms, nothing within said server can be used to communicate IC'ly, when the evidence I had gathered it became pretty clear to me, that you were communicating in that discord Celeberal Paulsies, and using it to communicate IC'ly as I have evidence, of you and that group running around not talking to eachother dropping things for eachother without saying anything in-game, it became clear you were using discord to communicate IC'ly and do IC things.

So I issued a ban on each four individuals as I had gathered proof that you were using that a discord, not owned by Diverge, or have a member of management in it with admin perms. so It could not be used to communicate IC'ly as you were doing. After the ban was issued you messaged me shortly after saying "How?" I then gave you the evidence I had collected, you then responded saying that you were all close together and just "hanging out" in that VC, and that they were new players, which convinced me even more than you were communicating with them In-game and using that discord to talk and do In-game acts in. You also stated in OOC earlier while I was spectating your group that you were showing someone new how to play the game, you were not talking to them in-character so you must have been using some other form of communication, such as your discord, which could not be used to communicate IC'ly as it was not owned by Diverge, nor had a member of management with admin perms in it.

So, with the messages you sent me linking you and that group that you were "hanging out" with in VC, it had let me to the conclusion that you were indeed using that Discord to communicate IC'ly which is not allowed, as it did not have a member of Management in it with admin perms nor was owned by Diverge Networks. I then gathered all my evidence from watching you and your group, which had you never talking on mic in-game to each other and made it very clear that you were using some other form of communication. So, I saw a group of 4 people in a OOC Discord, in a Voice Channel called Garrys Mod, and then I saw you and 3 people in-game running around not communicating with each other on-mic, barley, you also stated in DM's that you were that you were in a private discord and you were all close together, implying that you were in fact in a OOC discord, communicating with your friends that you were close together and committing IC acts. I had watched your group of 4 for a long period of time, and you were all moving around not talking to each other on-mic and doing stuff that made it clear to me you were communicating using something else. Then I checked the discord, and what do you know 4 people including yourself in a VC called Garrys Mod, Playing Garrys mod, the dots lined up so, I gathered all my proof and issued the bans.

To avoid metagame, I will not link the evidence in this reply, DM Baldrick#4665 If you were banned and I will show you the evidence. This is to ensure your IC names are not shown to avoid metagame.

RE: me and my friends who just joined just got banned 5 minutes in - Canadian-bacon - 10-19-2021

While in game you may not use a non official Discord to communicate with others. All actions or RP, including 'learning tips and tricks about drug making' should be done ingame over voice or text chats.

Since this is your first ban and you took the time to appeal I will be accepting this. Just be aware of this rule in the future.

Your ban appeal has been reviewed and accepted.

The ban will be lifted from your account shortly.