Diverge Networks
NYPD F3s - Printable Version

+- Diverge Networks (https://divergenetworks.com/forums)
+-- Forum: 1980s Mafia Roleplay (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Suggestions (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+---- Forum: Denied (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+---- Thread: NYPD F3s (/showthread.php?tid=2312)

NYPD F3s - Black_George - 10-19-2021

It has come to my attention that often people don't ask anymore for Badge numbers and names for NYPD officers and I see there is a big lack of RP in finding the identity of a NYPD officers and all are metagamed. I believe by that, that the NYPD needs to have their F3s hidden, this is just going to bring more RP to the server.

RE: NYPD F3s - Rem - 10-19-2021

I don't see why identities of police officers shouldn't be public?

also you guys have your badge # in your descriptions either way so

also you guys have your badge # in your descriptions either way so

RE: NYPD F3s - 260RSedy - 10-19-2021

I feel as if only Detectives, and Plain clothes if it ever comes back and certain other people inside the NYPD could have their F3's hidden, due to them wearing plain clothes most of the time and detectives investigating high profile families which could target them. And also the fact that crime families cant just go up to a detective investigating them and write their name down thats above them, unless if they directly ask of course.

RE: NYPD F3s - Vex - 10-20-2021

This can be good for detectives, however in real life cops would have their badge number on their badge, hence why its called a badge number.

For the normal PD they would have their name above their left breast located on their torso, making their name accessible with of ask.

RE: NYPD F3s - Baldrick - 10-20-2021

I feel as normal uniformed cops should have their names be recognized as IC'ly on their uniform it would display a name tag/badge of some short making them identifiable by public.

If cops don't want their F3 to be showing, then they should join PCU, or Detectives and if they don't want their f3 to show they could temporarily transfer into the citizen faction to undergo a undercover operation.

RE: NYPD F3s - [DV-N] Lovsos - 10-23-2021

(10-19-2021, 05:35 PM)Black_George Wrote: It has come to my attention that often people don't ask anymore for Badge numbers and names for NYPD officers and I see there is a big lack of RP in finding the identity of a NYPD officers and all are metagamed. I believe by that, that the NYPD needs to have their F3s hidden, this is just going to bring more RP to the server.
To kind of add on to his suggestion, maybe the NYPD can just be gone from the tab list, (ppl could use it to Meta a lot) and uniformed officers can have their names show when you look at them since they'd have a nametag on their uniform. Detectives & plainclothes officers, however, shouldn't have anything show except maybe their badge # in their desc. Sound the most realistic to me.

RE: NYPD F3s - Black_George - 10-25-2021

(10-23-2021, 05:03 AM)[DV-N] Lovsos Wrote:
(10-19-2021, 05:35 PM)Black_George Wrote: It has come to my attention that often people don't ask anymore for Badge numbers and names for NYPD officers and I see there is a big lack of RP in finding the identity of a NYPD officers and all are metagamed. I believe by that, that the NYPD needs to have their F3s hidden, this is just going to bring more RP to the server.
To kind of add on to his suggestion, maybe the NYPD can just be gone from the tab list, (ppl could use it to Meta a lot) and uniformed officers can have their names show when you look at them since they'd have a nametag on their uniform. Detectives & plainclothes officers, however, shouldn't have anything show except maybe their badge # in their desc. Sound the most realistic to me.

yes

RE: NYPD F3s - Canadian-bacon - 10-25-2021

At that rate why don't we remove the tab list entirely. Removing Police F3's gives them more immunity to wrong doing in their actions. It's a position that needs to be heavily monitored with high responsibility and have many advantages already, if they are on duty in the faction they are recognizable.

If someone wishes to perform undercover operations they may be transferred out.