Diverge Networks
Bodges Staff Application - Printable Version

+- Diverge Networks (https://divergenetworks.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Community Management (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Staff Applications (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+---- Forum: Accepted (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+---- Thread: Bodges Staff Application (/showthread.php?tid=2331)

Pages: 1 2

Bodges Staff Application - Sir_Bodges - 10-21-2021

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀

Details

In-Game Name(s): Raphael Di Lodovico, Nathan Fray, Charlie Fray
Steam Name: Sir Bodges
Steam Profile Link: https://steamcommunity.com/id/Sir_Bodges/
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:460651949
Discord Username: Sir Bodges#6043
Total playtime on Server: 2mo 2w 5d 7h
Time Zone: UK, GMT
How much time can you realistically dedicate to moderating?: Roughly an hour or two per day depending on availability as I am in College.
Have you read the rules?: Yes
Do you have a working microphone?: Yes
Do you acknowledge that you must attend all staff meetings: Yes
Are you familiarized with SAM and/or Nutscript commands?: No.
Do you acknowledge that lying on this application will result in immediate denial and blacklisting from staff?: Yes.

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀

Long Answer

What is your motivation/reason for applying?: 
I would like to apply as I would like to take up staffing again as on previous servers I quite enjoyed doing it. As of recently you’ve been asking for people to apply and I think I may as well give it a go. I’m not always involved in RP and so I should have a decent amount of time to dedicate to taking tickets and help to reduce the waiting time people have before they are taken. I’m quite active on the server and I have acquired a lot of experience in mafiaRP since Diverge started and have been involved in mafiaRP prior to its launch. There is a lot of people that break the rules for no good reason and don't try to hide it, this takes away from RP but often there isn't anyone around to catch them doing it so it goes unpunished. Hopefully I can help to reduce the effect this has on the server 

Why should you be considered over other candidates?: 
I spend a lot of my time on the server and over the past 6 months I have become familiar with how the rules work and the role they play in ensuring RP is fair and enjoyable. I have good management and communication skills meaning I can coordinate with things going on in different places and keep on top of it effectively. Such as monitoring people that are minging or other similar circumstances. I am unbiased and take a neutral standpoint when dealing with situations and only seek punishment for something that can be proven to have happened. I have no major issues with anyone in the server and so have no reason to take one side over the other.

Do you have any previous staffing experience?: 
I was a staff member on a Military RP server called Reality Roleplay and I was staff for a full year. I reached the rank of Admin which at the time was the second highest position in staff. I was given the responsibility of managing the forums, reports, appeals and similar things. During that year I spent a large amount of time as staff and never had any problems. I never got accused of being biased and I was thought to be competent within the staff team as a senior member. I would also be responsible for training new staff members. On this server we used a modified version of ULX and later moved to AWarn. I am not sure how similar this is to what is used on Diverge. I am a quick learner so I believe some commands shouldn’t be tough to understand.

Have you been banned before on any of our servers? If so, why?: 
I have never been banned and I believe I have only received one warning for VDM which was a fair while ago now. Unaware of anything else.

Would you say that you are well known in our community, what's your reputation, what do other members think of you?: 
I am decently well known in the criminal side but mainly with Italian factions. Other factions may be familiar with me or what I have done on the server but I don’t believe people have many, if any, negative views of me. Regarding the legal side I have spent a while as part of the PD but not spent too much time getting deeply invested in it. I will for the most part leave community opinions to be expressed below my application as I haven’t reached out to anyone about it. I am relatively low profile with what I do and haven’t got deep ties with many people.

Have any staff members recommended you? 
N/A

Problem Solving

Someone RDMs and you are currently off-duty. How do you handle this?: 
As long as I am freely available and no-one else is on duty I will swap to SoD and take the ticket. I’ll make sure that the person isn’t currently doing anything that opened the ticket and then bring them. Once brought I’ll ask them for a brief explanation of the situation and if based on their explanation it is not RDM then I will explain the reason why and then return them. If the situation seems to be RDM then I will check logs and see who did it. I will then bring them if they aren’t involved in RP at the time. I’ll ask them why they killed the other player and try to understand the situation. If it is clearly RDM and both sides match then they will be warned depending on the specifics of the situation such as their attitude and understanding. If they don’t match up I will see if any of them have a recording of the situation and judging off of the evidence I will warn, ban or justify why it was acceptable.

You have seen a fellow staff member of higher or equal rank than you abusing fairly often, but never doing anything too noticeable. What do you do?: 
I would try to get some evidence of them doing so, that way a report would not just be hearsay. I’d let them know that they shouldn’t be doing so depending on their rank and file a report with the staff manager if I think it is reasonable depending on how what they are doing affects the server.

A very good friend of yours joins the server. Over the course of an hour, you’ve received multiple complaints about them not following rules, RDM’ing, and minging. How do you proceed knowing this can affect your friendship with them?: 
I have a good few of my friends that already play the server that I know prior to playing mafiaRP and they understand from the past that if they RDM and minge then I will still have to warn or ban them as with anyone else. It hasn’t affected us in the past and I don’t see why it would now. They understand that there is a chance they will get banned if they do something against the rules and know that if I wasn’t the one to warn them it would only end up being another member of staff.

RE: Bodges Staff Application - kash - 10-21-2021

-1 cringe

RE: Bodges Staff Application - Black_George - 10-21-2021

+1 Good gamer

RE: Bodges Staff Application - El Ruso - 10-21-2021

+1 good guy

RE: Bodges Staff Application - blacksmith - 10-21-2021

+1 amazing at rp, seen him first hand on multiple chars creating new and exciting situations in rp as well as following the rules

RE: Bodges Staff Application - Drummie - 10-22-2021

**+1** Great man. Always chill even when things get crazy, and is very smart. (does my maths homework)

RE: Bodges Staff Application - Hue - 10-22-2021

+/- Very neutral. While I know you as a very mature and calm individual, I know the last Gambino main we had wasn't stellar, to say the least. Don't want a repeat of that.

RE: Bodges Staff Application - Danny - 10-22-2021

+1 Very good rper and would make a great staff member!!!

RE: Bodges Staff Application - MIREGIOVA - 10-22-2021

+1 mans a G

RE: Bodges Staff Application - gabagoolgaming - 10-22-2021

+1 I conversated with him many times over topics, Gmod related and not and this is a definition of Gmod staff member candidate.