Diverge Networks
kashy washy staff app (surprising) - Printable Version

+- Diverge Networks (https://divergenetworks.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Community Management (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Staff Applications (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+---- Forum: Accepted (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+---- Thread: kashy washy staff app (surprising) (/showthread.php?tid=2341)

Pages: 1 2

kashy washy staff app (surprising) - kash - 10-22-2021

In-Game Name(s): Salvador Pavon, Lieutenant Yao Wu, Tracen Collins, Mayor Li Pang, Garrett Shelby, Vitaly Kozlov
Steam Name: stairs 
Steam Profile Link: Steam Community :: stairs
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:120251557
Discord Username: Kash#0005
Total playtime on Server (Do !time in-game): 2w 5d
Time Zone: Central Standard Time (CST)
How much time can you realistically dedicate to moderating?: 2-3 Hours on Weekdays (5:00-8:00PM) , Weekends Late Night 6 hours (Like 10:00PM to 3-4 AM)
Have you read the rules?: Of course, MANY times.
Do you have a working microphone?: Yes, I do.
Do you acknowledge that you must attend all staff meetings (Unless you have stated why you cannot beforehand): Yes, I understand.
Are you familiarized with SAM and/or Nutscript commands?: Very familiar.
Do you acknowledge that lying on this application will result in immediate denial and blacklisting from staff?: Yes, I know this.
-------------------------------------------------
Long Answer
Questions proceeded with an asterix require a response of 5 Sentences Minimum.

What is your motivation/reason for applying?: I've been playing the server since January, came back in July and have fallen in love with it since. To be honest I know that some people like me and some people don't, but I personally have been wanting to staff this server for a long time now, despite my long list of POs. I've always been really into the server and it's pretty much the only video game I play anymore, whenever I'm not doing homework or spending time working on my pickup. Since I've come back, I've made so many friends that I've grown to love like brothers. I really enjoy (most) the Diverge and Prometheus communities and since I've come back it feels like home. I want to come and do great things for the server as a whole and it’s community and I also am very interested in becoming a Gamemaster and hosting fun events for the players.
Why should you be considered over other candidates?:  Well, to begin, I staffed on a EXTREMELY similar server, that being Mobsters City. Within that they used SAM and the Administrator Stick to do things, and of course, I know almost all NS commands by memory. I understand that I have a long PO record, but I've done nothing but push myself to change as a whole and a lot of staff members can agree that I'm doing a lot better as a player. 1 month without even being in a sit, which is something that I'm proud of and I am going to continue that long streak as hard as I can. I am very experienced with what Diverge uses except for the logs, which I know are run through the website. I know the rules pretty well and can pretty much immediately know what rule was broken in the sit, as per MC had a LOT of sits and crybabies. Sure, a lot of people might think I am a minge from the past, but those in staff and those who actually take a second to think know how and what I have done to change overall, I am willing to put a lot of work in as a member of the staff team and will do nothing but succeed and prove those who doubt me wrong. I also have many great ideas for events if I ever were to become a Gamemaster, because during my time on MC I had great and creative events which lead me to all of my promotions as a member of staff.
Do you have any previous staffing experience? (Please list where, what position and how long): 
Mobsters City 1980s Miami/New York Roleplay - Administrator, 9-01 - 10-18.
Exhibition MexicanBorderRP - Head Administrator - March 2019 - July 2019
Have you been banned before on any of our servers? If so, why?:
Yes, as you might know.
6-18 
VDM | NLR - Extended to permanent due to me accidently alting.
8-01
RDM | NITRP
8-10 
PAC Abuse | Minge (was minging but didn't know it was PAC abuse)
Fear RP | Minge | POs
8-14 
RDM | Fail Raid
8-28
NITRP | FailRP | Baiting (don't even remember this one tbh)
9-04
NLR x2 | NITRP | POs | Minge (self sit bias'd bullshit)
9-14
Character Transfer
Would you say that you are well known in our community, what's your reputation, what do other members think of you?:  Many people might know me as the motherfuckin' Mayor. Some people know me as that black Chinese cop who loves his brothas. Some others know me as the Frenchman who had a really inactive faction. And most know me as Kash, that 12-year-old-sounding half minge half serious guy that is very fun to play with. A lot of people have different opinions on me, some way different than others but usually people think of me as a good person, who when he wants can RP seriously and have fun doing it. Some people may think that I still am a shitty player (cough cough Canadian and Pendred but I still respect them.) but others know exactly who I am and what I play this server to do. I only want to offer my helping arms to everyone in the player base, which most people don’t realize.
Have any staff members recommended you? If so, list their names: Canadian’s Announcement
-------------------------------------------------
Problem Solving
Detail step by step exactly the actions you would take. I would first make a ticket using “@ (insert whatever)” in chat. If no staff are available and it’s an obvious rule-break, as I have been told before in a Ban Appeal, while it is highly recommended that staff do not self-sit, if it is an obvious rule-break and I have solid evidence, then I may question and punish the offending player if need be. But before I do anything myself, I would first get the reasoning behind the kill and determine whether or not it was RDM.

Someone RDMs and you are currently off-duty. How do you handle this?:
You have seen a fellow staff member of higher or equal rank than you abusing fairly often, but never doing anything too noticeable. What do you do?: First, I would gather evidence via the logging system and take any screenshots, videos, and any other piece of evidence that I can find. I would then professionally and formally file a Staff Report on the forms to have UA review it. I have always hated when people abuse their powers, as it makes them not only look like an idiot, but that they don’t give any shits about their position and how they received it. Being a member of staff and being trusted in that position is something that all people should respect, no matter their rank or standing on the server. Staff abuse is a major problem on other servers and shouldn’t be tolerated at all. (Use ChrisGM as an example here.)
A very good friend of yours joins the server. Over the course of an hour, you’ve received multiple complaints about them not following rules, RDM’ing, and minging. How do you proceed knowing this can affect your friendship with them?: Ah yes, bias. The good old pressure test. The definition of bias is, Bias is a prejudice in favor of or against one thing, person, or group compared with another, usually in a way that's considered to be unfair. (credit Unconscious Bias | diversity.ucsf.edu) Bias is something that a lot of servers struggle to fight against, which is ridiculous that other servers even think to accept people who want to spoil their friends when they come to their server. Now, if this ever were to happen, I’d have two options, here are the situations for both.
Situation A: Another Staff Member is available to deal with it. : If another staff member was available at the time, to help avoid all bias in this matter I would ask them to handle it before I do anything personally.
Situation B: Another Staff Member is not available to deal with it. : Well, It’d be a little complicated. First, I would accept the ticket, most likely not knowing it was my “friend”. I would then proceed by pulling the creator of the ticket, then asking them to prepare any evidence via clip or screenshot. I would then pull my “friend”, him being the suspect in this situation, and treat him like any other player. Of course, I would give the proper punishment if he is guilty of the rulebreak, then I would personally ask him to quit being an idiot before I ban him myself. Most of my friends usually aren’t in staff sits much, so I doubt this will ever be an issue.

Well, the end of my Application it seems. Now while I am most likely being doubted and absolutely shit on by other players, I really just wanted to do another application and try. I’ve been wanting to get back into staffing recently, and I really wish that I wasn’t such an idiot in the past on this server. I apologize to Canadian, Rem, Pendred, Edax, Baldrick, Hue, and Vox for all the dumbass shit I’ve done in the past and I am just asking for a chance to support this server in any way I can, hence why I decided to apply for staff, and seeing as the server is in need of staff, I personally wanted to try due to my previous experiences with NS staffing and others. Thank you and please consider this application from a decent standpoint. 

• [b]Kash <3[/b]
---------------------------------------------------------

RE: kashy washy staff app (surprising) - Whiplash - 10-23-2021

+1 <3

Yes, as you might know.
6-18
VDM | NLR - Extended to permanent due to me accidently alting.
8-01
RDM | NITRP
8-10
PAC Abuse | Minge (was minging but didn't know it was PAC abuse)
Fear RP | Minge | POs
8-14
RDM | Fail Raid
8-28
NITRP | FailRP | Baiting (don't even remember this one tbh)
9-04
NLR x2 | NITRP | POs | Minge (self sit bias'd bullshit)
9-14
Character Transfer

RE: kashy washy staff app (surprising) - Wickers - 10-23-2021

+1 Good Person, Will Fit

RE: kashy washy staff app (surprising) - Vex - 10-23-2021

+1

I have a gun to my head

RE: kashy washy staff app (surprising) - kash - 10-23-2021

Ok so what is the context for this question?

“ Someone RDMs and you are currently off-duty. How do you handle this?” like is it that I got RDM’d or someone made a ticket about RDM? I’m confused.

RE: kashy washy staff app (surprising) - UnknownCarnival - 10-23-2021

+1
Great and dedicated member of the community

RE: kashy washy staff app (surprising) - Black_George - 10-23-2021

+1 Even with all of these things that say against Wu, I think he will definetly take Staff serious

RE: kashy washy staff app (surprising) - Jack Dent - 10-23-2021

+1 Great man, Takes RP very seriously and is respectful give him a chance to show ya

RE: kashy washy staff app (surprising) - Cravfe - 10-23-2021

What a chad +1

RE: kashy washy staff app (surprising) - AerodynamicsCop - 10-23-2021

+1
Gabbagool