Diverge Networks
Exploiting Player Report or Possible Hacks? - Printable Version

+- Diverge Networks (https://divergenetworks.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Community Management (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Player Reports (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=16)
+---- Forum: Denied (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=18)
+---- Thread: Exploiting Player Report or Possible Hacks? (/showthread.php?tid=2377)

Pages: 1 2

Exploiting Player Report or Possible Hacks? - Fitz - 10-25-2021

Your Name: John Danderson

Offender(s) Name(s): Unknown 

Offender(s) Steam/Player ID: 38212

Server this occurred on?: MafiaRP

Time of Incident: Around 4:30-40 PM EST

Rule(s) Violated: Exploiting, shooting outside render distance. Not to mention the MRDM of everything in the parking lot when the riot was clearly over and staff were no longer hosting it.

Evidence (Videos/Screenshots): https://streamable.com/j5gbma

Additional Information (Players/staff directly involved, etc):

RE: Exploiting Player Report or Possible Hacks? - Romullus - 10-25-2021

You just got shit on lol

RE: Exploiting Player Report or Possible Hacks? - Fitz - 10-25-2021

(10-25-2021, 09:02 PM)Manuel Antonio Wrote: You just got shit on lol

"You may only comment on a player report if you were involved with the situation and have supporting evidence to provide." - Player Report Rules

RE: Exploiting Player Report or Possible Hacks? - Sir_Bodges - 10-25-2021

Hello,

I am not the person that you have reported directly but I was heavily involved. So I will give my point of view on this.

First off, hacking is out the window. You weren't even in PD and so you were only partially subjected to being killed as you were stood there as an observer abusing the fact that you are protected by the faction you are in during a riot. The person you are accusing of hacking is simply good with a shotgun and used his surroundings to kill PD members. He was in an advantageous position compared to PD on low ground and had a walkway up the side of the PD, that doesn't help keep them safe.

Now onto the exploiting part. You complain that he was out of render distance however he was on the border. This is no fault of his own, if PD are going to use stairways that appear every so often to get into positions such as that as soon as they run out of PD, then we must take measures to make sure we are in a place that can't be easily countered. Going as far back as possible is not exploiting in my eyes. If he was any closer he would be on another roof below where PD were. Giving yourself high ground without any prep is silly from my point of view. We took the time to plan out our attack, arm up and start. People would run up that stairway, and start going along the train track. At those points I would shoot them as I was further back that the other person. However, even in that position I could still see them just after the got up that stairway. If they would walk slightly forward I was ready to shoot them in an RPK on a bipod, and I did do that. As for the other person he was on a roof below and in front of me. So he could partially see them as they run up, but could only really shoot them once they got to the top. There was even a point where I asked him, 'can you see them easily?' of which he stated he could. As soon as they reached the top they were easy to see and shoot. Just because you were in the open on there doesn't mean we have to stay in the open to make it fair. I find that on the server, riots are one of the only times where you can fully let loose and play the server to win, not to RP. Which is understandable and so that's just something you have to deal with. PD asked for a riot, we gave them a riot.

Now onto MRDM, plain and simply it wasn't MRDM. I had spoken to Draggy prior to getting involved, and asked him if I can go and get involved with the riot. He said I could and so I did. We went on doing it for a while then we took a couple hits and backed off going down the train track. I went to get more ammo and heal up and then upon trying to return PD were on those rooftops we were using. So we had to spend a while going around. During that time PD was changed to code red instead of black. Which means for the most part it meant it had subsided but I made multiple tickets asking if the riot was over as we stayed in contact with staff during the assault and one was practically cheering us on. Of course when you need staff the most they aren't there and didn't respond, although there was still staff online. We took this as an opportunity to continue as I hadn't died and just went to rearm. So there should be no problem there.

Now my final point it that once PD start asking for a riot and proclaiming that they are bored, it is pathetic for them to shortly after start complaining that it has gone on for too long as soon as the tables turn. They will happily gun down unarmed civilians that are just at the front of PD but then complain and whine when we give it back to them. It was two people that took on and killed for the most part the whole PD multiple times. It was fully within the rules in my book and if it was against the rules staff should've gotten involved at the time and not left it to become a player report. I feel that this report is silly and a waste of time and if you can't handle getting involved in PD business then you shouldn't bother going to PD in a riot. You don't have immunity to lead just because you are a paramedic.

Thanks,
-Bodges.

1. Do not abuse any in-game systems or functions that give you unfair advantage. If you find a server glitch that can abused to obtain an advantage or item/money with no effort it is your obligation to report the issue as opposed to abusing it. If abused this can result in serious punishment. 

Pretty sure render distance goes both ways, so he wouldn't be able to see me unless he turned a little to see where I was at then fired, however the fact that I was attacked instantly even while in movement seemed suspicious

As well as this, from the clip you provided it shows both people involved with attacking PD visible. Yes, there was only two of us.

Attached are the images of such:

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/617781898608902166/902303559289298954/unknown.png
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/617781898608902166/902303635541729280/unknown.png

You aren't even in PD and chose to put yourself in that position.

So because you personally see it as an unfair advantage, we are instead meant to give our opponents and unfair advantage against us? Are you listening to yourself? Listing rules doesn't help your case. Never mind accusing him of hacking for being better than you. Also we can't see you until you go in our render distance also, so the only advantage we have at that point that we know where you will come from and that we are in cover. If you use tactics and go around then maybe you could kill us easier, but that isn't your job as a paramedic.

(10-25-2021, 09:13 PM)Sir_Bodges Wrote: As well as this, from the clip you provided it shows both people involved with attacking PD visible. Yes, there was only two of us.

Attached are the images of such:

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/617781898608902166/902303559289298954/unknown.png
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/617781898608902166/902303635541729280/unknown.png

You aren't even in PD and chose to put yourself in that position.

"You aren't even in PD and chose to put yourself in that position.", Besides the fact that you guys were shooting into the PD parking lot and targetted me when I was tending to a wounded individual. The images were you were visible for second were only for a second because my camera was position in a certain way to see you, which I am assuming that is what you did on purpose to gain an unfair advantage over everyone in the PD parking lot.

That is a pathetic excuse, you expect immunity from attackers because you are tending to wounded? You went up there with the intention to kill us. We were using LMGs and shotguns. I really don't see why you would expect us to put ourselves right in front of you like sheep lining up for slaughter. The PD were being hunted by us, not the other way around. So don't expect us to do so. Unless of course you would rather us just come up to PD with a MAC10, kill one cop at the front gate then die half a second later. We planned what we were doing to succeed.

(10-25-2021, 09:22 PM)Sir_Bodges Wrote: That is a pathetic excuse, you expect immunity from attackers because you are tending to wounded? You went up there with the intention to kill us. We were using LMGs and shotguns. I really don't see why you would expect us to put ourselves right in front of you like sheep lining up for slaughter. The PD were being hunted by us, not the other way around. So don't expect us to do so. Unless of course you would rather us just come up to PD with a MAC10, kill one cop at the front gate then die half a second later. We planned what we were doing to succeed.

Of course, you would want an advantage however something that is an OOC variable to the server shouldn't be allowed on the server, you abused the render distance to shoot cops at in pd parking lot through that little slot there is on the roof, and none of them see where its coming from they are just blind firing. And the fact you guys were being hunted?, nah that was bs all of PD was in a meeting for ~ 15 mins, until you guys came up and started shooting into the pd again, and started the whole situation again when it was over.

If you didn't like up like sheep on the roof then it would've been a different story and we would've been on the front rooftops. Regarding a meeting, why would we know that? I asked staff if it was over and got no response. PD said code red so that's on them. As well as this, why would they have a meeting in a code red? PD don't decide when a riot ends.

I won't be responding any further on this, I've said more than what I need to say. The person you originally won't be responding but I'm representing the both of us as I don't think he can make a forum account.