Diverge Networks
Diego Ban Appeal - Printable Version

+- Diverge Networks (https://divergenetworks.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Community Management (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Ban Appeals (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+---- Forum: Denied (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=15)
+---- Thread: Diego Ban Appeal (/showthread.php?tid=2388)

Diego Ban Appeal - BluXapplz - 10-27-2021

Your SteamID (Click to retrieve): STEAM_0:0:430651291

Reason for ban: Failrp Length of ban: Perma Reason for appeal (dispute/apology): dispute

Why should you be unbanned? After making a ticket and talking with a moderator, I was told I was allowed to be corrupt as an officer and that I was allowed to rob people for their items. So that's what I did, I saw a townhouse filled with people (at least 4-5 in the garage) and robbed them. After taking a few items from them, I pulled out my gun and scared away 2 other guys that ran away. Then I got tped to a sit and was told that I wasn't allowed to since I apparently mugged them in front of an NPC and that I had to be corrupt for a faction. I knew that my next offense would be a perma ban so I apologized and dropped all the items I took which they picked up. As I already said, from my point of view it was a bar inside a garage and filled with people. I had no idea that there was an NPC there and the NPC wasn't very easy to spot since like I said there was other people around and I didn't pay attention to the NPC since I was more worried about someone pulling out a gun and killing me from behind. If it was at the gas station or the city hall, I would've taken the ban since it's common knowledge that there's an NPC there but I didn't expect the townhouse to have an npc inside. All the people that were part of that situation got their stuff back and the mod that told me I was allowed to was also in the sit and was explaining to the other staff how I made a ticket and he told me I could rob ppl for their items. I'd also like to apologize since I wasn't aware I was breaking rule 4 of government rules. I went over all the rules again and hopefully you can understand my situation.

Additional Information (images, videos, etc): N\A

RE: Diego Ban Appeal - hhhh - 10-27-2021

Me and Diego know each other and are in the same faction. I took his ticket and he asked if he could rob people. I told him that he had to be slick with it and that he could steal a few items from people's inventories during arrests. I've always been told that only FBI wasn't allowed to be corrupt and that cops could be corrupt to a certain limit. I didn't expect him to go to a faction's townhouse and mug 4 of them. This is still my fault because he asked and I said yes, I should've given him more detail on what he shouldn't be doing. The Police/Government Rules clearly say that corruption means working with a crime faction and not just criminal acts so again it's my fault since I told him he could. I apologize to all the players that were involved in this situation and Diego that ended up being perma banned. 

RE: Diego Ban Appeal - Vex - 10-27-2021

Even though I am not the one that banned you, I was the one that brought you to a sit so here is my inputs

- Even though a mod gave you permission to do it, you knew of the rule. Staff members can not grant you the ability to break rules, period.
- You was aware of the mugging in-front of the NPC rule, and you still did so.
- You are not allowed to mug as cops, if you want to be a criminal make a criminal character, simple.

Yes, H445 did grant you access you do these things, which he is wrong for doing so; however you knew of these rules, you are not new to this server

Just because a MODERATOR told you' you can break rules does not mean he is in the right, nor you. If a staff member is letting you break the CLEAR rules, make a report.

Have a great day!

RE: Diego Ban Appeal - Romullus - 10-27-2021

(10-27-2021, 01:04 AM)Stretch Wrote: Even though I am not the one that banned you, I was the one that brought you to a sit so here is my inputs

- Even though a mod gave you permission to do it, you knew of the rule. Staff members can not grant you the ability to break rules, period.
- You was aware of the mugging in-front of the NPC rule, and you still did so.
- You are not allowed to mug as cops, if you want to be a criminal make a criminal character, simple.

Yes, H445 did grant you access you do these things, which he is wrong for doing so; however you knew of these rules, you are not new to this server

Just because a MODERATOR told you' you can break rules does not mean he is in the right, nor you. If a staff member is letting you break the CLEAR rules, make a report.

Have a great day!
(I was doing something unrelated to diverge and was in a call with Diego.)
In what way did you determine that diego thought he was given the right to break rules? I didnt see H445 in his comment saying he gave him the right to break rules. Neither did Diego say he was given the right to break rules.
Also, how can you determine he was aware of muggin infront of an npc? Knowing he was recently permabanned would the most probable thing to do for him is to break a rule he knows? I doubt. 

Stating that he is not allowed to mug cops is kind of a waste of words, he obviously is aware at this time that he cannot mug as a cop. The question is before the ban, at that time he misunderstood an explanation from staff + the staff apparently was not precise enough/right.

Is Diego partially responsible for his actions? Definetly since at the end he was breaking the rules but the intention is what matters aswell. As stated by both H445 and Diego there was a clear lack of information and communication causing the actions made by Diego. Which so far has caused him to be banned permenantly off a server that he enjoys playing on.

He should be punished due to the fact he broke the rules. Though, from a dissinterested point of view permenatly banning him is excessive since he is not 100% responsible for the actions he took.

With all do respect hopefully you understand that.

RE: Diego Ban Appeal - BluXapplz - 10-27-2021

i know i have been not the best rolemodel but i have been putting in work for my faction and legitimate roleplay making deals and making my faction and others money i keep 0$ and put everything towards my faction i know i fucked up but i have been almost perfect with my roleplay besides this mistake i realize i cannot do anything extreme and i should just stick to helping my faction and others grow

RE: Diego Ban Appeal - Landon - 10-28-2021

Best role player I have ever met on diverge, true role model.

RE: Diego Ban Appeal - DarmanTheGuy - 10-28-2021

in my opinion i think diego should be unbanned, it seems like a great deal of miscommunication from the staff member and the player nether of which i think are at fault in this case, i've personally known diego for a while and after he appealed his first perma i think he truly learned his lesson and has been taking up responsibilities like owning a gun store and has honestly been trying to keep his record clean, the most important thing to take note is he made a ticket before he did the action and it was simply just a genuine mistake on the staff members fault, he's already been punished in PD by receiving a blacklist from it but he wasn't trying to fuck up again.

RE: Diego Ban Appeal - Bees - 10-31-2021

-1 Diego Will not learn from POs, immediately. He can appeal 6 months from now.

RE: Diego Ban Appeal - Rem - 10-31-2021

Being Corrupt does NOT mean you are doing criminal acts, that means working on the inside of the PD with criminal factions. You cannot just openly commit crimes on that police character. If you want to be a criminal, make a criminal character. As soon as you put yourself in a corrupt situation it is possible to be PK'ed.

(Corruption Subsection) You may not mug people or commit any other obvious general crime as stated in the first line of this sub section.

(Arrests Subsection) If they take your LEGAL weapon for no just reason, this is stealing and is against the rules.
You may not be arrested for things that would be simple traffic tickets or warnings. Nor may you be arrested without reason.

Your ban appeal has been reviewed and denied.

We have determined this ban to be reasonable and/or justified.

Ensure you have read our Server Rules