Diverge Networks
Unjust Ban - Printable Version

+- Diverge Networks (https://divergenetworks.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Community Management (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Ban Appeals (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+---- Forum: Accepted (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+---- Thread: Unjust Ban (/showthread.php?tid=2423)

Pages: 1 2

Unjust Ban - Xosad - 10-31-2021

Your Name: Andrew Flanagan

Your SteamID (Click to retrieve): STEAM_0:0:529727405

Reason for ban: https://gyazo.com/48a0b61d3924f6934b7d67e5c4545bf8

Length of ban: 3 days

Reason for appeal (dispute/apology): dispute

Why should you be unbanned? Ok so I have no idea why I was banned, I was on the server for about 2 hours, during which the only staff I spoke to were Baldrick (through discord about a PK) and Winston about a whitelist. I tried to join the server just now and it said I was banned for LTAP and other shit. I've literally no idea why I was banned.

Additional Information (images, videos, etc): Look at the screenshot, that's all I've got as I have literally no idea why I was banned, never even heard of 'stretch' as a staff member.

RE: Unjust Ban - Canadian-bacon - 10-31-2021

Your steamID is STEAM_0:0:64895262

Not sure where or how you got the other one

RE: Unjust Ban - Xosad - 10-31-2021

(10-31-2021, 11:12 PM)Canadian-bacon Wrote: Your steamID is STEAM_0:0:64895262

I clicked on the link given in the ban appeal format, thats the first one it gave me

(10-31-2021, 11:12 PM)Canadian-bacon Wrote: Your steamID is STEAM_0:0:64895262

https://gyazo.com/cacce654d93b4ded72dcf8e4e39565a9

RE: Unjust Ban - Canadian-bacon - 11-01-2021

Well this steam profile https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198090056252 is STEAM_0:0:64895262

and this one https://steamcommunity.com/id/xosad/ is STEAM_0:0:529727405

Which profile is yours? Because the second doesn't exist in our logs.

EDIT:

Ah I think i see what happened, in the steam ID finder instead of pasting your profile link you simply typed 'Xosad' which gave you the profile with the unique link ID 'Xosad" (Which you do not own)

RE: Unjust Ban - Vex - 11-01-2021

Hello, I am the banning staff member!

So lets start out on why I banned you in the first place.

- Someone made an RDM sit on you, I get logs and attempt to bring you, where I then saw you had disconnected only little over a minute later, I was in staff-call with Somespy at the time where I got his opinion on the situation and told me to ban you for LTARP (leaving after killing someone to avoid IC issues. I could have added the `RDM and LTARP part on there, however I was not sure on the situation as I do not know the back story to the situation it self. All I know is that you left moments after killing someone, which Is 'LTARP. Like I mention before hand I got a second opinion from Somespy (Super-Admin) And he gave me the go ahead on your punishment

RE: Unjust Ban - Xosad - 11-01-2021

(11-01-2021, 05:08 AM)Stretch Wrote: Hello, I am the banning staff member!

- Someone made an RDM sit on you, I get logs and attempt to bring you, where I then saw you had disconnected only little over a minute later, I was in staff-call with Somespy at the time where I got his opinion on the situation and told me to ban you for LTARP (leaving after killing someone to avoid IC issues. I could have added the `RDM and LTARP part on there, however I was not sure on the situation as I do not know the back story to the situation it self. All I know is that you left moments after killing someone, which Is 'LTARP. Like I mention before hand I got a second opinion from Somespy (Super-Admin) And he gave me the go ahead on your punishment
Ah okay well the situation was I killed that guy about 6 times, he was a minge who came over and said trick or treat then broke your legs. But it makes sense why I was banned as it was somespy and he does this to flanagans all the time. Legit see the guy just following us around on the server lmao.

But still a 3 day ban for a first time RDM? The fuck is that, Ive seen guys MRDM and get a day ban on this server
So I was banned for LTARP despite never been banned before, in a situation I wasn't even aware of because this guy was a minge. Good to know

(11-01-2021, 05:23 AM)Xosad Wrote:
(11-01-2021, 05:08 AM)Stretch Wrote: Hello, I am the banning staff member!

Ah okay well the situation was I killed that guy about 6 times, he was a minge who came over and said trick or treat then broke your legs. But it makes sense why I was banned as it was somespy and he does this to flanagans all the time. Legit see the guy just following us around on the server lmao.

But still a 3 day ban for a first time RDM? The fuck is that, Ive seen guys MRDM and get a day ban on this server
So I was banned for LTARP despite never been banned before, in a situation I wasn't even aware of because this guy was a minge. Good to know
You was not banned for RDM, I would have added the RDM if I was sure it was RDM, which I was not. And I also think its funny how people blame it on UA everytime they are banned. As if they are getting "targeted"

RE: Unjust Ban - Xosad - 11-01-2021

Either way I was banned for killing a minge and then leaving, it shouldn't be LTAP to kill a minge who broke my leg 2-3 times and broke NLR 5 times.

Also it was like midnight lmao I was going to bed

RE: Unjust Ban - Garfielf - 11-01-2021

The guy in question was a whiteshirt who would stroll around the map saying "Trick or Treat" and would then proceed to punch you in the legs if you said trick and demand money if you said Treat.

He punched Xosad in the legs once before and broke NLR returning before doing the exact same shit and punching him in the legs.

this happened several times. I was also with Xosad at the time and he left saying he was going off for the night and didn't mention anything about a sit apart from some minge was bothering him (and I did see this happen once) he has also done this to other players on the server multiple times. his behaviour was nothing short of minge bullshit and once he punched red he shot him. I feel the punishment for LTAP was a little too far and especially three days. it was midnight for him and he couldn't have knowingly broke the rule, especially because you attempted to pull him to a sit and THEN found out he wasn't on the server anymore.

if he was on the server and got pulled to a sit it'd be LTAP but instead you attempted to pull him and found he left the server. he literally couldn't have not broken the rule at the time. this feels fucking ridiculous. if he broke the rule of RDM you should have banned him for that. otherwise the guy who was making the sit should have taken it to the forums and it should have been left their.

this reeks of Jumping the gun with an extremly harsh ban.

also spend 30 hours talking to Jesus Christ of Nazereth if you want. you and Somespy both made a horrible judgement call here that reeks of putting the cart before the horse. you literally punished him for something he couldn't have knowingly done by him leaving before the sit was even called. it's ridiculous to punish him for that. but that's my opinion.

(11-01-2021, 07:07 AM)Garfielf Wrote: The guy in question was a whiteshirt who would stroll around the map saying "Trick or Treat" and would then proceed to punch you in the legs if you said trick and demand money if you said Treat.

He punched Xosad in the legs once before and broke NLR returning before doing the exact same shit and punching him in the legs.

this happened several times. I was also with Xosad at the time and he left saying he was going off for the night and didn't mention anything about a sit apart from some minge was bothering him (and I did see this happen once) he has also done this to other players on the server multiple times. his behaviour was nothing short of minge bullshit and once he punched red he shot him. I feel the punishment for LTAP was a little too far and especially three days. it was midnight for him and he couldn't have knowingly broke the rule, especially because you attempted to pull him to a sit and THEN found out he wasn't on the server anymore.

if he was on the server and got pulled to a sit it'd be LTAP but instead you attempted to pull him and found he left the server. he literally couldn't have not broken the rule at the time. this feels fucking ridiculous. if he broke the rule of RDM you should have banned him for that. otherwise the guy who was making the sit should have taken it to the forums and it should have been left their.

this reeks of Jumping the gun with an extremly harsh ban.

also spend 30 hours talking to Jesus Christ of Nazereth if you want. you and Somespy both made a horrible judgement call here that reeks of putting the cart before the horse. you literally punished him for something he couldn't have knowingly done by him leaving before the sit was even called. it's ridiculous to punish him for that. but that's my opinion.
Does not matter if it was a minge, he killed someone and left which is LTARP, not LTAP. He even admitted to it. So, if you are saying this is a bad judgement thats your opinion

One rule break does not justify another