Diverge Networks
Ban appeal - Printable Version

+- Diverge Networks (https://divergenetworks.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Community Management (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Ban Appeals (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+---- Forum: Denied (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=15)
+---- Thread: Ban appeal (/showthread.php?tid=245)

Ban appeal - moneyway - 12-25-2020

Your Name: Moneyway
Your SteamID: [b]STEAM_0:1:182347195[/b]
Reason for ban: "RDM"
Length of ban: 6 Hours
Reason for Appeal: This appeal should partake because what happened was that I was in a sit while a minge attempted to RDM me. You can check logs and see the minge take his fists out and attempt to kill me. I then used my gun to exterminate this minge at my own volition in the vicinity of a moderator who I think most likely didn't see the context of the attack. I know this moderator and consider him to be a good faith actor, so I think he just banned me because It seemed as though I RDM'd.
Additional Information (images, videos, etc):

Check logs for a minge trying to attack my character. I acted in self defense, understandably, and received a six hour ban.

RE: Ban appeal - Rem - 12-25-2020

No evidence
Reason was not just "RDM". You were banned for RDM during sit, FailRP and minging.
At most ban length may be too long, but you and your friend were minging quite a bit and I was receiving many complaints about you two. I was also spectating you guys way before you went into the hotel.

RE: Ban appeal - taliban - 12-25-2020

+1 he killed the guy trying to punch him. Pretty sure logs can be checked to see that the guy raised his fists first.

You weren't damaged from what I see in logs. Last time you were damaged was from a vehicle.

(12-25-2020, 09:02 PM)Rem Wrote: You weren't damaged from what I see in logs. Last time you were damaged was from a vehicle.
In the screenshot it shows you damaged

(12-25-2020, 09:02 PM)Rem Wrote: You weren't damaged from what I see in logs. Last time you were damaged was from a vehicle.

^ Disregard that reply. That screenshot didn't show the time difference. In this screenshot you can see the difference in time when I start a sit and talk to you. You then proceed to during the sit RDM Fazoli Vencentti.

RE: Ban appeal - moneyway - 12-25-2020

^ Disregard that reply. That screenshot didn't show the time difference. In this screenshot you can see the difference in time when I start a sit and talk to you. You then proceed to during the sit RDM Fazoli Vencentti.

I never claimed that I took damage. I did claim that he was attempting to attack me while we were in the sit, which is when I defended myself aptly.

I don't recall that ever happening to be honest. Even if that happened, I feel as you shouldn't have killed him either way as we were in a sit. If he ended up punching you, then he would have gotten in trouble for it. I personally feel the ban is valid still.

RE: Ban appeal - moneyway - 12-25-2020

(12-25-2020, 10:24 PM)Rem Wrote: I don't recall that ever happening to be honest. Even if that happened, I feel as you shouldn't have killed him either way as we were in a sit. If he ended up punching you, then he would have gotten in trouble for it. I personally feel the ban is valid still.

I don't care if you recall it, it happened. Please check logs. And, in my opinion, which has logical merit, I should have been able to kill somebody attacking me, irregardless of whether or not I'm in a sit. You seemed to have been occupied at the time I was being attacked, which is information I have derived from when you stated "I don't ever recall that happening." You obviously do/did not recall the altercation, because I defended myself. You haphazardly banned me for 6 hours for something you didn't even bother checking logs for? This is deplorable behavior from a moderator and you should restrain yourself from such cavalier bans from now.

RE: Ban appeal - Wish - 12-25-2020

Because of the nasty comments on this post towards staff, and the lack of evidence this is denied, be respectful next time, and get some evidence.