Diverge Networks
Fish Man's Staff Application - Printable Version

+- Diverge Networks (https://divergenetworks.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Community Management (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Staff Applications (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+---- Forum: Denied (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+---- Thread: Fish Man's Staff Application (/showthread.php?tid=2524)

Pages: 1 2 3

Fish Man's Staff Application - Fish Man - 11-14-2021

In-Game Name(s): Paul Iverson, Aleksei "Iron" Sokolev, Pedro Castrillón, Peter Kent Jones, Dr. Wong Wu Chen
Steam Name: Fish Man
Steam Profile Link: https://steamcommunity.com/id/093717725SE0/
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:70567667
Discord Username: Fish Man#9947
Total playtime on Server (Do !time in-game): 2 Weeks 12 Hours 31 Minutes
Time Zone: UTC+01:00
How much time can you realistically dedicate to moderating?: 6-8 Hours per day. Probably more
Have you read the rules?: Yes.
Do you have a working microphone?: Yes.
Do you acknowledge that you must attend all staff meetings (Unless you have stated why you cannot beforehand): Yes.
Are you familiarized with SAM and/or Nutscript commands?: Kinda. I know the basic ones like /charsetname and how to transfer factions and such. But I am more than willing to learn the more advanced ones
Do you acknowledge that lying on this application will result in immediate denial and blacklisting from staff?: Yes.
-------------------------------------------------
Long Answers

What is your motivation/reason for applying?: 
I honestly just love talking to people on this server. And I love helping people with their problems. My previous staffing on other servers/games have been the absolute most fun I've ever had.
Other than that. I'm European and on when it's night for the Americans. I almost never get a response to my admin tickets during this time. I want to help stop this. We need active staff in every timezone. As I'm writing this (12:44 UTC+1). No staff are taking tickets. This is absolutely unacceptable. I understand staff have the right to roleplay. But there has to be at least one active staff member on. at all times. I've had minges disrupt my roleplay countless times where I couldn't get help. 30 minute response times for tickets is not acceptable. But. I also know and understand that the staff here are stressed out.
This server has helped me and I've had so much fun on it. I want to give back to the server.

Why should you be considered over other candidates?: 
Everybody should get a fair and equal chance. But regardless of that: I'm a guy who can both be serious and take a joke. I'm always understanding and unbiased. I speak Danish and understand most of the Nordic languages. Except for Finnish. I know there are a lot of Scandinavian people in this community. I'm on the server every day of the week. as long as I possibly can, Which is usually 6 to 8 hours. I'm also in the European timezone. Which has a severe lack of staff (As previously mentioned). I am going to be active. It's a shame that no one takes tickets even though there are 8+ staff on. I will prioritize staff work/taking tickets.

Do you have any previous staffing experience? (Please list where, what position and how long):
Garry's Mod: Equinox (Danish) Dark RP - Administrator - ~100 Hours
FiveM: Underground RP (Danish) - Supporter (Mod) ~100 Hours | Sjælland RP (Danish) - Supporter (Mod) ~125 Hours | Chrome Community (Danish) - Head Admin - ~700 Hours

Have you been banned before on any of our servers? If so, why?:
Yes I have been banned once, I was banned for 10 hours for Item transferring by Canadian-Bacon. I was stupid. I understand my rule break and have learnt from the ban.

Would you say that you are well known in our community, what's your reputation, what do other members think of you?: 
I'd believe I'm pretty well known as Pierre Schmidt Jr/Sr. The stupid slightly corrupt cop. Or as "Salmon" the Drug Dealer. But my most famous character is definitely Paul Iverson. The SDE Oil Salesman. Paul is very well loved in the community
I think I'm well liked here though. I do believe a few people dislike me, But you can't be friends with absolutely everyone. I do believe this is mainly due to me being a Police Officer on the server. But I personally have no problem with anyone, as I think having petty arguments in a video game is borderline dumb

Have any staff members recommended you? If so, list their names:
Stretch and Lucky
Problem Solving

Someone RDMs and you are currently off-duty. How do you handle this?:
If someone gets RDM'ed in the middle of a RP Situation I would make sure to contact my colleagues with @, I'll explain to them how they got RDM'd and if they are able to take my ticket as I don't wish to take my own ticket due to potential bias and as we staff are not allowed to. If no staff are available or I am the only staff member in the server, I'll make sure to pause the RP situation and bring the suspect to a sit and deal with it my self.

You have seen a fellow staff member of higher or equal rank than you abusing fairly often, but never doing anything too noticeable. What do you do?:
I'd take a clip, Grab the logs, Take a screenshot and get any other possible evidence. Then I'd make a staff report and/or contact whomever manages staff at the time. Abuse is completely unacceptable and I will treat it as seriously as possible.

A very good friend of yours joins the server. Over the course of an hour, you’ve received multiple complaints about them not following rules, RDM’ing, and minging. How do you proceed knowing this can affect your friendship with them?:
I'd try to get another staff to handle it. If not possible then I'd be forced to take the ticket myself. I'd handle it like a normal ticket. Completely as usual. If/When the ticket creator has presented any evidence. I'd punish my friend accordingly. If they contact me afterwards complaining. I wouldn't care. I treat everyone equally and I couldn't care less if you're a friend. You break the rules. You get punished. That's how it goes.
---------------------------------------------------------

Ending notes: Thank You for reading this application, Have a nice day. - Fish Man

RE: Fish Man's Staff Application - therealerhakai - 11-14-2021

+1, big boy big man big men good rp man, would be a good addition to the staff team

RE: Fish Man's Staff Application - Chubbs - 11-14-2021

+1
hothothothothothothothothothothothothothothothothothothothothothothothothothothothothothothothothothothothothothothothothothothothothothothothothothothothothothothothothot

RE: Fish Man's Staff Application - Nobody - 11-14-2021

+1 Buy my Oil!!

RE: Fish Man's Staff Application - BritishBarry - 11-14-2021

+1 Very pog man indeed

RE: Fish Man's Staff Application - Hue - 11-15-2021

+1 This is a pretty good app and your record is relatively clean. I've seen your roleplay and I've not had any issues either.

RE: Fish Man's Staff Application - Bingus - 11-15-2021

+1

Active player, good roleplayer and kind member of the community.

RE: Fish Man's Staff Application - GGR Lucky - 11-15-2021

+1

Great app have not heard anything but good from him. Would be a great addition to the staff team.

RE: Fish Man's Staff Application - KingCum/Soup - 11-16-2021

(11-14-2021, 01:23 PM)Fish Man Wrote: In-Game Name(s): Paul Iverson, Aleksei "Iron" Sokolev, Pedro Castrillón, Peter Kent Jones, Dr. Wong Wu Chen
Steam Name: Fish Man
Steam Profile Link: https://steamcommunity.com/id/093717725SE0/
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:70567667
Discord Username: Fish Man#9947
Total playtime on Server (Do !time in-game): 1w 6d 5h 42m
Time Zone: UTC+01:00
How much time can you realistically dedicate to moderating?: 6-8 Hours per day. Probably more
Have you read the rules?: Yes.
Do you have a working microphone?: Yes.
Do you acknowledge that you must attend all staff meetings (Unless you have stated why you cannot beforehand): Yes.
Are you familiarized with SAM and/or Nutscript commands?: Kinda. I know the basic ones like /charsetname and how to transfer factions and such. But I am more than willing to learn the more advanced ones
Do you acknowledge that lying on this application will result in immediate denial and blacklisting from staff?: Yes.
Long Answers

What is your motivation/reason for applying?: 
I honestly just love talking to people on this server. And I love helping people with their problems. My previous staffing on other servers/games have been the absolute most fun I've ever had.
Other than that. I'm European and on when it's night for the Americans. I almost never get a response to my admin tickets during this time. I want to help stop this. We need active staff in every timezone. As I'm writing this (12:44 UTC+1). No staff are taking tickets. This is absolutely unacceptable. I understand staff have the right to roleplay. But there has to be at least one active staff member on. at all times. I've had minges disrupt my roleplay countless times where I couldn't get help. 30 minute response times for tickets is not acceptable. But. I also know and understand that the staff here are stressed out.
This server has helped me and I've had so much fun on it. I want to give back to the server.

Why should you be considered over other candidates?: 
Everybody should get a fair and equal chance. But regardless of that: I'm a guy who can both be serious and take a joke. I'm always understanding and unbiased. I speak Danish and understand most of the Nordic languages. Except for Finnish. I know there are a lot of Scandinavian people in this community. I'm on the server every day of the week. as long as I possibly can, Which is usually 6 to 8 hours. I'm also in the European timezone. Which has a severe lack of staff (As previously mentioned) 

Do you have any previous staffing experience? (Please list where, what position and how long):
Garry's Mod: Equinox (Danish) Dark RP - Administrator - ~100 Hours
FiveM: Underground RP (Danish) - Supporter (Mod) ~100 Hours | Sjælland RP (Danish) - Supporter (Mod) ~125 Hours | Chrome Community (Danish) - Head Admin - ~700 Hours

Have you been banned before on any of our servers? If so, why?:
Yes I have been banned once, I was banned for 10 hours for Item transferring by Canadian-Bacon. I was stupid. I understand my rule break and have learnt from the ban.

Would you say that you are well known in our community, what's your reputation, what do other members think of you?: 
I'd believe I'm pretty well known as Pierre Schmidt Jr/Sr. The stupid slightly corrupt cop. Or as "Salmon" the Drug Dealer. But my most famous character is definitely Paul Iverson. The SDE Oil Salesman. Paul is very well loved in the community
I think I'm well liked here though. I do believe a few people dislike me, But you can't be friends with absolutely everyone. I do believe this is mainly due to me being a Police Officer on the server. But I personally have no problem with anyone, as I think having petty arguments in a video game is borderline dumb

Have any staff members recommended you? If so, list their names:
Stretch and Lucky
Problem Solving

Someone RDMs and you are currently off-duty. How do you handle this?:
If someone gets RDM'ed in the middle of a RP Situation I would make sure to contact my colleagues with @, I'll explain to them how they got RDM'd and if they are able to take my ticket as I don't wish to take my own ticket due to potential bias and as we staff are not allowed to. If no staff are available or I am the only staff member in the server, I'll make sure to pause the RP situation and bring the suspect to a sit and deal with it my self.

You have seen a fellow staff member of higher or equal rank than you abusing fairly often, but never doing anything too noticeable. What do you do?:
I'd take a clip, Grab the logs, Take a screenshot and get any other possible evidence. Then I'd make a staff report and/or contact whomever manages staff at the time. Abuse is completely unacceptable and I will treat it as seriously as possible.

A very good friend of yours joins the server. Over the course of an hour, you’ve received multiple complaints about them not following rules, RDM’ing, and minging. How do you proceed knowing this can affect your friendship with them?:
I'd try to get another staff to handle it. If not possible then I'd be forced to take the ticket myself. I'd handle it like a normal ticket. Completely as usual. If/When the ticket creator has presented any evidence. I'd punish my friend accordingly. If they contact me afterwards complaining. I wouldn't care. I treat everyone equally and I couldn't care less if you're a friend. You break the rules. You get punished. That's how it goes.
---------------------------------------------------------

Ending notes: Thank You for reading this application, Have a nice day. - Fish Man
+1, apparently him being gay isn’t a reason for a -1 so i’ll upvote him out of pitty

RE: Fish Man's Staff Application - Grim - 11-16-2021

+1 Chill dude, defineatly deserves a chance