Diverge Networks
PK Appeal - Printable Version

+- Diverge Networks (https://divergenetworks.com/forums)
+-- Forum: 1980s Mafia Roleplay (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Character Appeals (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+---- Forum: Denied (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+---- Thread: PK Appeal (/showthread.php?tid=2599)

PK Appeal - themailman2449 - 11-23-2021

Name of Character: Harry Scoth

SteamID: STEAM_0:1:88628809

Date of PK: 2021/11/22

Reason for PK: Fail Mug

Why should you be unPK'd?: The Admin Draggy pulled me to a sit and just said you're being PK'd for fail mug and didn't give me a chance to explain anything that had happened 

so the backstory is a new player got on the server and I was showing him around gave him some money to start oil and got him some clothes he said he really wanted to mug people so being the nice guy I am, I gave him a luger and the first instance we went up to a guy, and tried mugging him on the sidewalk luckily the admin kash or krash was there and warned us explained us the detailed rules of mugging which then we went onto do with out next mugging I was at townhall when a player asked if I had ran him over earlier I drew my weapon and told him to shut up and the whiteshirt followed and had his gun out as well I told him to keep the gun on that guy as I turned around to tell someone else to walk away which I assumed was the man's friend to prevent him from being able to just shoot me in the back so I would be able to safely put the man we were going to mug in restraints and take him into an alley to mug him, but before I could do that the man had already started shooting at my whiteshirt friend because apparently had taken his eyes off of him and wasn't directly looking at him and he ended up killing us both, and that was that we ended up mugging someone just after the proper way restraining them dragging them into an alley so the case of fail mugging was because he hadn't realized to keep his gun pointed at the first guy so I wasn't able to properly carry out the mugging not that we were just trying to break the mug rules some time passed probably 30 minutes before I was dragged by admin Draggy to be told I was being PK'd for fail mug and instantly got banned from that character without being able to explain to him the situation I asked to see video evidence but he just said to go to the forums to put up an appeal

If possible please provide video evidence or photo evidence if PK does not follow the guidelines: no physical evidence available as far as I know from both parties 

RE: PK Appeal - Grim - 11-23-2021

-1. I do believe that it is justified if you watch the video you were attempting to mug someone literally at city hall whilst outnumbered. Here is the video: https://medal.tv/games/garrys-mod/clips/72563150/d1337iaYOJU9?invite=cr-MSxjQmYsMzE1OTA3Mzks

RE: PK Appeal - dandead10 - 11-23-2021

I see several things wrong with what you've told me in the first place. The first being that you admitted to mugging at City Hall, which is not doable seeing that is mugging in a public space. Keep in mind that just because players don't occupy a location at the time due to low player count that it does not mean you can mug in those locations, as you cannot mug people in areas that would be considered largely public. Second, what you just told me doesn't mean you didn't fail a mugging. Regardless of if you were teaching a new person or not, that's irrelevant. You tried to mug someone, and failed in the process, getting clipped in the process. So, at least from my perspective, these P.K are justified.

Also, yes, if your friend looked away and failed to maintain fear RP, and you did as well, they are indeed allowed to whip out their gun and pop you. While P.K rules are semi vague at times, one needs to maintain a clear line of sight with the person they intend to mug, and as a result, as soon as direct line of sight is broken, they are no longer under fear RP.

Hopefully, this teaches a valuable lesson.

Don't mug. Muggers get pked.

RE: PK Appeal - themailman2449 - 11-23-2021

(11-23-2021, 01:09 PM)Grim Wrote: -1. I do believe that it is justified if you watch the video you were attempting to mug someone literally at city hall whilst outnumbered. Here is the video: https://medal.tv/games/garrys-mod/clips/72563150/d1337iaYOJU9?invite=cr-MSxjQmYsMzE1OTA3Mzks

My only rebuttal is the admin who warned up previously hadn't mentioned the rule at city hall you cannot mug, and we were right by the border too.

(11-23-2021, 04:46 PM)dandead10 Wrote: -1

I see several things wrong with what you've told me in the first place. The first being that you admitted to mugging at City Hall, which is not doable seeing that is mugging in a public space. Keep in mind that just because players don't occupy a location at the time due to low player count that it does not mean you can mug in those locations, as you cannot mug people in areas that would be considered largely public. Second, what you just told me doesn't mean you didn't fail a mugging. Regardless of if you were teaching a new person or not, that's irrelevant. You tried to mug someone, and failed in the process, getting clipped in the process. So, at least from my perspective, these P.K are justified.

Also, yes, if your friend looked away and failed to maintain fear RP, and you did as well, they are indeed allowed to whip out their gun and pop you. While P.K rules are semi vague at times, one needs to maintain a clear line of sight with the person they intend to mug, and as a result, as soon as direct line of sight is broken, they are no longer under fear RP.

Hopefully, this teaches a valuable lesson.

Don't mug. Muggers get pked.

dido on the city hall rule i wasn't informed of before those events, and the idea wasn't to mug in a public area I state that I was trying to get the other bystanders away while I was going to restrain him to take him into an alley way. even if so its still not a Pk offense

PK Appeal - Hue - 11-23-2021

Your appeal has been reviewed and denied.

We have determined this PK to be reasonable and/or justified.

You may not re-appeal this PK.