Diverge Networks
Winchesters Ascension - Printable Version

+- Diverge Networks (https://divergenetworks.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Community Management (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Staff Applications (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+---- Forum: Accepted (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+---- Thread: Winchesters Ascension (/showthread.php?tid=2628)

Pages: 1 2

Winchesters Ascension - DAWWG - 11-27-2021

*Hello Ladies & Gentlemen... Ascension is something most indescribable, a way of motion, travailing threw in spiritual embodiment, a great privilege most of all and great responsibility, in this case...*

*Please, read along my scripture and I hope to lift your spirits... Thank you for stopping by...*

-------------------------------------------------

Short Answers

In-Game Name(s):
- Ronnie Winchester
- Melvin Pedscoff
- Howard J. Houst
- Robert Winchester (Inactive)

Steam Name: 
DAWWG

Steam Profile Link:
https://steamcommunity.com/id/captainbugrnuts/

Steam ID:
STEAM_0:0:59734612

Discord Username: 
The Boogeyman#0666

Total playtime on Server (Do !time in-game):
"Diverge | Your total time is 1mo 2w 1d 4h 52m."

Time Zone: 
Eastern Standard Time (EST).

How much time can you realistically dedicate to moderating?:
Weekdays around 2-4 hours daily, most weekends 4+ hours.

Have you read the rules?:
Certainly, I made sure to read and understand all threads listed in the rules category of the forums including:
- Server Rules
- Global Rules
- PK War Rules & Guidelines
- PK Guidelines

Do you have a working microphone?:
Blue Snow Ball desktop microphone that absolutely works.

Do you acknowledge that you must attend all staff meetings (Unless you have stated why you cannot beforehand):
When your part of a club or service, its important to attend scheduled meetings to stay in the information loop, amongst other things.

Are you familiarized with SAM and/or Nutscript commands?:
To be honest not very much, but I do know that Nutscript is the script that we use for this game mode? I think? I mean don't get me wrong, I could very much grasp an understanding and quite possibly learn it, as your only limit is your own willpower, and that willpower is based on your mind set, that mind set dictates your attitude, in return I'd be limiting myself if I didn't choose to try to at least gain a larger understanding, if its to help us out.

Do you acknowledge that lying on this application will result in immediate denial and blacklisting from staff?:
Of course, just like any application.

Long Answers
(Questions proceeded with an asterix require a response of 5 Sentences Minimum.)

What is your motivation/reason for applying?:
Ever since my first day on this server, I've been drawn to it, from the map and its textures, to the RP aspect of Mafia in the 1980's, to the funny characters around the city that make me laugh my ass off, hahhahaha man oh man we have some funny ass characters come through here. From Gangsters in wheelchairs throwing up gang signs, to the super cops that know PoliceRP like the back of their hand. I've had a lot of cool, unique and straight up sick times on this server with old and new found friends, staff and bystanders.

Most factions here have a great structure, team members and some know how to play the part very well and there is even opportunity for the noobs that start off fresh. I've definitely learned lessons and gained knowledge from scenarios and conversing with others in the city, enjoyed the creative events from robbing banks, to serving in the military shooting Iraqis. I want to be more then just part of the event or city, but rather achieve Ascension to spread my guidance, and assist with events, because I always have some sick ideas brewing, even with the factions that I'm currently in and have been in previously. 

I'd also like to mention that I'm part of a community club myself in my own city, on the was on the board of directors for the club until I stepped down as I simply didn't have the same amount of time as these old retired people do at the club hahaha. I'd say I have a great understanding on how people act, based on my past experiences and I've worked in customer service for most my working life, even when I wasn't working in customer services I'd always carry a positive mental attitude.

Aside from friends and staff suggesting that I should apply, as they have been asking here and there for a bit, I wanted to join when I was 100% ready, making sure I understand the rules and also making sure I got personal things in check first before I dedicate myself, haha I'm sure its not as intense as I'm thinking but I believe you must never underestimate a task. I'm just really excited to get this all started with and could blab here all day, but I'd like to demonstrate my actions rather then just words.  Cool

Why should you be considered over other candidates?: 
I wouldn't want anyone to exactly choose over another, but rather decide their best fit based on how they act and how they treat others really. Ask yourself this, "Could this individual carry out the roles and responsibilities of becoming a Prop God?" Maybe when I was a bit younger I had a certain attitude towards ideas and the world, it seemed friends and family would often come to me for advice, almost what ever the case may have been. Long story short, I felt as though I didn't have someone there to give me the advice I needed to hear, but all along, all I had to do was listen to myself, listen to the advice I gave out to others. Now I have a great attitude on life, a great understanding of the values in life and I love helping people in many of ways. What I can assure, in character and out of character is guidance, camaraderie, integrity and a hell of a good time, amongst other values. :fingerguns:

Do you have any previous staffing experience? (Please list where, what position and how long):
I've been staff on 2 servers on Garry's Mod and a trading server on TF2 (hahhahahaha). Nothing really serious on the TF2 server, I can barley remember it! First Gmod Server I was very young and didn't really take it serious, but then when I was about 16 I was an admin on this DarkRP server called IonByteGaming a.k.a [IGB] (something like that) owned by "MarksOfaHero" at the time. Did that for a few months, say like 4 months until like 5 of us admins got removed from staff but continued to play, got caught for using an ammo glitch where you'd drop your weapon and pick it back up, once picked back up would give you an extra clip of ammo. But me and the owner still remained friends and I knew what I was doing was wrong, this goes along with the lessons I've learned and absolutely wouldn't exploit as it "breaks" the game mode.

Have you been banned before on any of our servers? If so, why?:
Honestly, I think once when I was 14, I've been playing this game for a long while and if I remember correctly it was a small server with not very much people (it held about 36 people but only about 8 people max a day, I'd just printer grind) and I got banned for exploiting printers. I can't remember well but it was something to do with leaving the server and your printers would be owned by the world as they didn't de-spawn after you left. When you loaded back in you'd be able to spawn a new set of printers, while also able to use your old printers. I did it for a week straight and gathered like 4 billion dollars (on top of that it was under this stairwell on "Downtown_v4" where you were able to No collide the stairs and collide it once under. Server didn't last very long but it had some cool features, but I must say I'm not a dirty exploiter, I'm just really good at finding bugs, ever since I was real young playing on the PS1 and 2, really any games I played, I could always find a bugs or glitch, but I'd like to use that capability to the servers advantage, to find glitches to stop them before they can be exploited. 

Would you say that you are well known in our community, what's your reputation, what do other members think of you?:
I'd definitely say with confidence that I am known amongst a variety of groups through out all my characters, and possibly even quite a bit out of character as well. I tend to hear positive feedback from my friends and allies, as some know I love to give gifts, deals and an overall sense of moral. I make everyone whose on my team part of the cause, no one gets left behind. I love gathering relations with others to! I could say a lot about myself but I'd like to leave this judgement to the viewers of this thread, see what they think! 

Have any staff members recommended you? If so, list their names:
Certainly, some even as far as a good month ago, but my apologies if I've left anyone hanging, anticipating my arrival. Just had to work and get that kind of stuff in order before I tie myself to another obligation, you feel? I greatly appreciate all your patience and guidance with anything, that goes out to all Prop Gods.
(Not in any order)
- Somepsy
- Recoil
- Baldrick
- JJ
- Moses
- Whiplash

...and quite possibly more but that's all from the top of my head. :thumbsup: 

Problem Solving:
(Detail step by step exactly the actions you would take.)

Someone RDMs and you are currently off-duty. How do you handle this?: 
If I was unjustifiably killed, I shall create a ticket in-game and at the same time check the scoreboard to see if there are staff online, if not I'd pull him aside and talk it out, see where he is coming from. Is he a straight up noob to Garry's Mod, then I shall give him a verbal warning and direct him to the rules. If this is a cases where he has been in trouble multiple times for the same reason, I shall let them know of their actions and follow proper procedures, even consultant with other staff if necessary and provide the proper punishment. I'm sure I'll learn exactly how the Prop Gods operate as I take each ticket, and more.

You have seen a fellow staff member of higher or equal rank than you abusing fairly often, but never doing anything too noticeable. What do you do?:
Lets use my example from the "Long Answers" questions, lets say they are using an exploit to collect free ammo. Firstly, I'd talk with the member, let them know kind of "Hey man, you can get in trouble for doing that, I'd suggest you stop or you can lose your rank or worse, be banned from the server." 

If I keep noticing that they are using that exploit, being as kind as I am, I'd tell them straight up "Hey Man, we already talked about this, I don't want to be the guy to get you in trouble but if you keep doing that, I'll have to let UA know about it, I've given you 2 warnings now brother, don't be that kind of person, I'm sorry. We don't make the rules we enforce them." Honestly, I'm not a "Stickler", I'd most likely convince my team mate to not participate in those actions the first time around as I could understand him from his side and why people would want to exploit, doesn't mean its right. 

A very good friend of yours joins the server. Over the course of an hour, you’ve received multiple complaints about them not following rules, RDM’ing, and "minging". How do you proceed knowing this can affect your friendship with them?:
I mean I hope to not bring in a friend whose a rules breaker, but! I have seen it before a couple of times, its a shame you know. You invite a buddy you've known for a while, maybe even years, you tell them "Hey I got this cool RP server I play on, you want in?" and they decide to treat it like its MingeRP, running over a crowds, shooting up and mugging people where you shouldn't be, but just like any new player I'd give them a chance and direct them to follow the rules, but if they continue again and again, just like anyone, they shall be given proper punishment accordingly.

---------------------------------------------------------

Again everyone, I couldn't be more thankful for the people I've met, friends I've made, the individuals who helped me when I needed assistance, and over all the whole community for continuing your efforts and agendas on this server. Us the players (and staff) are the ones who make the RP what it is, regardless of negativity or biases. Our only limit is our imagination and with creativity and collaboration, we shall all continue our journey, making new paths along the way. I shall always "put 'er to the Good Wood and help with Events, Tickets, suggestions, and testing in anyway.

P.S 
In my Ascended form, you shall refer to me as "DAWWG" as that is my steam name...

Until we speak again...

RE: Winchesters Ascension - Hue - 11-27-2021

+1 Cool guy

RE: Winchesters Ascension - DAWWG - 11-27-2021

(11-27-2021, 08:33 PM)Hue Wrote: +1 Cool guy

Right back at you Buddy.

RE: Winchesters Ascension - Chubbs - 11-27-2021

+1
Chad

RE: Winchesters Ascension - kash - 11-27-2021

+0.9

Prop lord sympathizer, .9 cuz u pinged everyone in a discord and bitched cuz u got PK'd

RE: Winchesters Ascension - Baldrick - 11-27-2021

Big +1, from my experiences with you, you seem like a good guy, and capable for staff.

RE: Winchesters Ascension - Fish Man - 11-28-2021

+1
While it was annoying that you whined about being PK'd (Who wouldn't be at least a bit angry/sad when your long time character gets PK'd?)
You seem like a very competent guy. Very well written application too, I have had a few RP interactions with you. and never had any issues. Good luck to you!

RE: Winchesters Ascension - DAWWG - 11-28-2021

(11-27-2021, 10:45 PM)vKarmix Wrote: +0.9

Prop lord sympathizer, .9 cuz u pinged everyone in a discord and bitched cuz u got PK'd

@kash

(11-28-2021, 01:35 AM)Fish Man Wrote: +1
While it was annoying that you whined about being PK'd (Who wouldn't be at least a bit angry/sad when your long time character gets PK'd?)
You seem like a very competent guy. Very well written application too, I have had a few RP interactions with you. and never had any issues. Good luck to you!
hahahahhahaha thank you guys for bringing that up really, I and NOT embarrassed at all :winkyface:

(11-27-2021, 11:50 PM)Ballin Baldrick Wrote: Big +1, from my experiences with you, you seem like a good guy, and capable for staff.

Thank you Baldrick, you always served the people well.

RE: Winchesters Ascension - Vex - 11-28-2021

+1

I use to be in Hells Angels with him, and he is a really good guy that can be great staff

RE: Winchesters Ascension - DAWWG - 11-28-2021

(11-28-2021, 05:41 AM)Stretch Wrote: +1

I use to be in Hells Angels with him, and he is a really good guy that can be great staff
Hell yeah brother those were the days, where I learned alot and probably wouldn't know as much as I do now if it wasn't for them, and the brotherhood we shared, fun times bud.