Diverge Networks
French Guy's Application - Printable Version

+- Diverge Networks (https://divergenetworks.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Community Management (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Staff Applications (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+---- Forum: Accepted (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+---- Thread: French Guy's Application (/showthread.php?tid=2657)

Pages: 1 2

French Guy's Application - Romullus - 12-02-2021

In-Game Name(s): Manuel Antonio
Steam Name: Romullus
Steam Profile Link: https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198407766089/
Steam ID:  76561198407766089
Discord Username: Romullus#0001
Total playtime on Server (Do !time in-game): 2mo 5d 6h
Time Zone: EST
How much time can you realistically dedicate to moderating?: As much as needed. I have a lot of free time and recently quit my job to focus on school, school is about to finish.
Have you read the rules?: Yes, I have read the rules.
Do you have a working microphone?: Yes, I have a working microphone.
Do you acknowledge that you must attend all staff meetings (Unless you have stated why you cannot beforehand): Yes, I understand.
Are you familiarized with SAM and/or Nutscript commands?: No, but I am a fast learner.
Do you acknowledge that lying on this application will result in immediate denial and blacklisting from staff?: Yes, I understand.
-------------------------------------------------
Long Answer
Questions proceeded with an asterix require a response of 5 Sentences Minimum.

What is your motivation/reason for applying?: As I have stated, I have over 2 months of playtime. I joined this server last year. I would play this when we had the speaker logo above people's heads. Sure, I may have not been here since launch. But I have never left the server since I joined. I have been here through its ups and downs. Participated in the debates in regards to the server's mechanics. I have witnessed countless things. This server is kind of my second family (god that's cringe), but it's true. I have always wanted to become a staff since I believe it's the first step into increasing the enjoyment of playing on this server. I also wish that in the future I can help with development (modelling or programming(python, LUA)). Knowing that staff are needed pushed me into applying as I believe that another moderator could truly help Rem and Bacon in focusing on things that matter. While I and other staff deal with the daily tasks.

I have done a lot of things on this server, being a staff is not one of them. I am truly motivated in working as a peacekeeper. 

Why should you be considered over other candidates?: I believe that the experience I have could differentiate me from other applicants. As well, I believe in maturity and professionalism. In all fairness, I sincerely think I have the qualities to become a staff member for Diverge Networks. I learn very fast and can retain a lot of information at once. I am also very active and can allocate a good portion of my time to make the server more enjoyable. I have had experience in managing a staff team so I understand Rem's perspective. I know how things are run and I could be a great addition to the staff team.

Do you have any previous staffing experience? (Please list where what position and how long): Yes I was head of admin (head of staff or something like that, it was a while ago) for an Unturned Server for 2 years. Pretty good experience, I managed a staff team on Brad's Networks. (it's still a thing you can look it up). Yes, I was young back then but I still manage to uphold an important position for that network. I've also helped start a network project for Minecraft back in the day. It never kicked off but it was still a great experience.

Have you been banned before on any of our servers? If so, why?: As I have been here for a long time, I have faced punishments. Though, I don't let my punishments define my character. I did the math 0.75 bans each month. I had my bad days, but I have dug that grave. I do not believe it is relevant to explain why I was banned. I was banned in the past because I broke the rules, there is nothing more to that. But what I can assure you is that I am 100% aware of the rules of the server and I do not break any rules.

Would you say that you are well known in our community, what's your reputation, what do other members think of you?: I am the faction leader of El Cartel de Medellin, tomorrow it will be our 10th month, damn. I was a high-ranking judge in the court system. I have owned a PAC3 shop to sell things to increase RP. I believe to have a good reputation, even though I'm known as the "french retard". In general, I think people see me as a good reasonable guy.

Have any staff members recommended you? If so, list their names: I did not ask staff to recommend me. If they vouch for me, they may comment on this post. 
-------------------------------------------------
Problem Solving
Detail step by step exactly the actions you would take.

Someone RDMs and you are currently off-duty. How do you handle this?: If I am directly involved in this situation I will have to ask another staff member to deal with this situation to avoid unwanted biased. If this situation does not directly involve me then I will go on my staff character and teleport the people involved (killer, victim). I will first ask the killer why he killed the victim. Then I ask for the version of the victim. If there kill was not valid and was, in fact, RDM I will view the ban logs and notes of the person in question. Depending on his past offence I will issue a fair and justified punishment to the person. I will refer him to the appeal and rule section of the forum. But like I said, I have to make sure that this was indeed an RDM situation. I will not let my pov affect my decision and will take into account all the factors.

You have seen a fellow staff member of higher or equal rank than you abusing fairly often, but never doing anything too noticeable. What do you do?: I will gather evidence on the spot (alt +f10) and will submit this to a higher staff member. To not bother the founder or managers I will contact the head of administration and forward my evidence and claims. I will not talk to other people as this could cause unwanted attention. Abusing is the worst thing you can do. A staff member is given so many responsibilities and is trusted to use his power for the good if I am to witness someone miss-using that power. I will not hesitate to pass on that information to the appropriate high-ranking staff member.

A very good friend of yours joins the server. Over an hour, you’ve received multiple complaints about them not following rules, RDM’ing, and minging. How do you proceed to know this can affect your friendship with them?: Since he is new and just joined the server I will ask him to take a 10 min breather and read the rules. I will also explain to him why his actions are against the rules. If his actions persist then I will have to issue him a punishment that correlates with his 0 passing offence. But to be completely fair, if a friend joins the server and breaks rules I will just ask him to not play the server. He would be wasting his time and Diverge Networks does not need these types of members.

RE: French Guy's Application - MAC - 12-02-2021

+1 real ass nigga

RE: French Guy's Application - Recoil - 12-02-2021

+1 very good very nice and french man

RE: French Guy's Application - hhhh - 12-02-2021

+1
very good faction leader + hes french

RE: French Guy's Application - Baldrick - 12-02-2021

+1 Lot of experience with the game mode, been around for a very long time, I feel like he is capable for staff.

RE: French Guy's Application - Wickers - 12-02-2021

+1 I love Daddy Manuel

RE: French Guy's Application - Landon - 12-02-2021

+1 He's French, cute, nice, and makes me extremely horny. I love him! I love Mr. Manuel Antonio!

RE: French Guy's Application - Moneykxe - 12-02-2021

+1 soft spoken, is nice, too nice, and also is very active on the server.

RE: French Guy's Application - kash - 12-02-2021

+1

cool dude, french (I don’t like French people), known him for a while

RE: French Guy's Application - 50.Cal - 12-02-2021

+1 og and responsible