Diverge Networks
Faction Missions - Printable Version

+- Diverge Networks (https://divergenetworks.com/forums)
+-- Forum: 1980s Mafia Roleplay (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Suggestions (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+---- Forum: Denied (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+---- Thread: Faction Missions (/showthread.php?tid=2695)

Faction Missions - Romullus - 12-06-2021

Create faction missions.

Idea: Small mission that can be started from certain people that are high command in a faction. Staff should have the ability to set 5 high commands to acess and start missions.

Example of Mission: 
Transport a Large Drug crate from a A to B.
Deliver gun package (if you have the racket) to a certain place
Deliver a note from A to B (could be used for new recruits to give em smt to do) (lesser pay)
During X time pickup shipments from a place and bring it back to the npc (the one that starts the mission)

I cant really think of other missions but im sure yall have something.

Would create RP and make the server less boring.

RE: Faction Missions - ZOOMER - 12-06-2021

I can see the advantages if its an assigned faction GM-type event. However if you're planning it as a "side-quest" type of deal like from RPG games then i think players will mostly get bored after a few cycles.

RE: Faction Missions - Romullus - 12-06-2021

(12-06-2021, 07:11 AM)ZOOMER Wrote: I can see the advantages if its an assigned faction GM-type event. However if you're planning it as a "side-quest" type of deal like from RPG games then i think players will mostly get bored after a few cycles.
Well its better than nothing.

you add it now, ppl will have smt to do, it will take the minds of the new updates coming and the lag.

RE: Faction Missions - nobody_new - 12-06-2021

Don’t get me wrong, I do believe that the leader or high command of factions need to create more RP overall, but I don’t see something so simple as this creating any. A simple command by them to do something would suffice in this example given. The community as a whole needs to get on board to push RP in general. So I agree with Zoomer in this instance.

RE: Faction Missions - Bingus - 12-06-2021

Seems like a good idea to encourage roleplay in factions instead of sitting in a room and grinding pots/processors.

Just one concern though that could be easily solved. Would the payouts be funded by the faction leader or by the server upon completion? If it's funded by the faction leader then I would see no problem for these mini-events to take place.

However, if it's funded by the server I think some restrictions would need to be placed to prevent grinding (yes, everything can turn into grinding for $$). For example: "Transport a Large Drug crate from a A to B." would only be possible if an X amount of players, or even an X amount of NYPD/FBI are online to add risk to justify a large payout. This isn't uncommon since server rules already require players to wait until a certain amount of faction members of a building you want to raid are online to add risk.

Maybe an automatic /event message being sent like "A deal is about to go down." - no specific details, just something to let people know a mini-event is happening. If not, then a cooldown could work depending on the mission - 2 hour to 30 minute cooldowns.

Overall a good idea - depending on how it goes might need a little more planning.

RE: Faction Missions - Romullus - 12-06-2021

(12-06-2021, 08:31 AM)nobody_new Wrote: Don’t get me wrong, I do believe that the leader or high command of factions need to create more RP overall, but I don’t see something so simple as this creating any. A simple command by them to do something would suffice in this example given. The community as a whole needs to get on board to push RP in general. So I agree with Zoomer in this instance.
This would make better rp for rhe new players, which is the main resdon why i would add this. As a faction leader, i get to see firsthand what its like for a new player and sometimes they’re is korhing we can give them to do. So like i said instead of just doing nothing why kot add a side mission that could be started by high command of a faction that will encourage the new player to help with the mission to receive a payout. Li

RE: Faction Missions - Vex - 03-26-2022

I think a randomized quest system should be added.

RE: Faction Missions - Knuckles - 03-26-2022

(03-26-2022, 04:21 AM)Vex Wrote: I think a randomized quest system should be added.
Hey, you. You're finally awake. You were trying to cross the border, right? Walked right into that Imperial ambush, same as us, and that thief over there.
Btw Seems like a great idea, +1

RE: Faction Missions - AlexLV - 04-07-2022

gta online import export missions lol