Diverge Networks
Allow blindfolding while being ziptied - Printable Version

+- Diverge Networks (https://divergenetworks.com/forums)
+-- Forum: 1980s Mafia Roleplay (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Suggestions (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+---- Forum: Accepted (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+---- Thread: Allow blindfolding while being ziptied (/showthread.php?tid=2720)

Allow blindfolding while being ziptied - Shimac - 12-09-2021

Blindfolding a hostage/kidnapped person can be a good thing ICly and OOCly.

ICly: This makes so the hostage/kidnapped cannot actually see their kidnapper's faces or descriptions. Many times I have seen/experienced a mugging yet I can still identify my kidnapper with clear wide eyes which wouldn't really happen realistically in a kidnapping scenario. I mean, why do you think some kidnappings/hostages have somebody putting a sack over their heads? To limit their vision and opportunity to gain info.

OOCly: This could also prevent some metagame shit happening during a mugging/kidnapping as the kidnapped themselves cannot relay info to their comrades via discord or steam on where they are and who's kidnapping them if they cannot actually see them.

Criminal Only: Of course, Cops wouldn't do this to the people they arrest... Would they?

Make it pitch black or blurry enough that it's hard to tell where you are, it's up to you Staff. But there are some downsides to this feature.

Potential Mingery: Of course, like some minges already zip tieing you out of nowhere and leave you in cuffs for no FUCKING APPARENT REASON - This can also be a hassle as you cannot see where you are and can only hope someone hears you so they can take you out of your binds.

Slightly unfun for the kidnapped: Some people might not be satisfied unable to watch their character's mugging/kidnapping ongoing. Seeing and Hearing are the only two senses for most video games and to take away half of that can be downtrodden.

That's pretty much my suggestion to make muggings/kidnappings less risky to OOC elements and to make it more secured ICly.

RE: Allow blindfolding while being ziptied - nobody_new - 12-09-2021

Metagaming Rule 12
If someone has committed an offense against you (Act of violence, mugging, etc) you may recognize them based on their voice and clothing for up to 20 minutes afterwards. Players may change clothes or lay low during this time to avoid recognition.

Your suggestion is sound reasoning to avoid Metagaming. However you may not hide notable characteristics such as height, approximate weight, ethnicity, eye color, etc. Many who mug and kidnap don’t use voice or attempt to alter it. They often speak through text once they nab the guy/gal to avoid someone recognizing vocal inflections. I cannot support this “head bagging” because people should follow the simple rules rather than have new things in place that would restrict the ability to make identification based on the above rule and sound reason. Making kidnapping less risky and more secure takes away from the “risk” involved. Evade for the set duration and if they metagame then report it.

RE: Allow blindfolding while being ziptied - Romullus - 12-09-2021

+1

add a 5 minute timer before the blindfold doesnt work, you will need to replace it on the person. prvents minges from blindfolding some1 when there are no staff on the server.

make it so you can see a little bit so its not complete dark when your being mugged.

(12-09-2021, 01:04 PM)nobody_new Wrote: -1

Metagaming Rule 12
If someone has committed an offense against you (Act of violence, mugging, etc) you may recognize them based on their voice and clothing for up to 20 minutes afterwards. Players may change clothes or lay low during this time to avoid recognition.

Your suggestion is sound reasoning to avoid Metagaming. However you may not hide notable characteristics such as height, approximate weight, ethnicity, eye color, etc. Many who mug and kidnap don’t use voice or attempt to alter it. They often speak through text once they nab the guy/gal to avoid someone recognizing vocal inflections. I cannot support this “head bagging” because people should follow the simple rules rather than have new things in place that would restrict the ability to make identification based on the above rule and sound reason. Making kidnapping less risky and more secure takes away from the “risk” involved. Evade for the set duration and if they metagame then report it.
Bro, if a group of black suits red ties blue shirt run at you screaming hands up and then blindfold you, you still remember that a group of black suits red ties blue shirt ran at you. You can still recognize them. Your point is invalid adding blindfolds wouldnt prevent you from recognizing people.  In fact adding blindfold would make it more realistic, would minimise metagaming if you dont really see where you goin, you could be brought to a room and unblindfolded and you wouldnt really know where your at.