Diverge Networks
Arth's Staff Application - Printable Version

+- Diverge Networks (https://divergenetworks.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Community Management (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Staff Applications (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+---- Forum: Denied (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+---- Thread: Arth's Staff Application (/showthread.php?tid=2754)

Arth's Staff Application - Arth - 12-18-2021

In-Game Name(s): Jack Heo
Steam Name: Arth
Steam Profile Link: https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198315198391/
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:177466331
Discord Username: Aetheriator#8088
Total playtime on Server: 2 days, 5 hours, and 28 minutes.
Time Zone: EST
How much time can you realistically dedicate to moderating?: I can moderate almost everyday for a coupler of hours, unless exams are near and when I'm at school. 
Have you read the rules?: Yes, I have read all of the rules.
Do you have a working microphone?: Yes, I have a working microphone. 
Do you acknowledge that you must attend all staff meetings (Unless you have stated why you cannot beforehand): Yes, I understand I have to attend all meetings.
Are you familiarized with SAM and/or Nutscript commands?: No, although I am a quick learner and will read all guides fully. 
Do you acknowledge that lying on this application will result in immediate denial and blacklisting from staff?: Yes, I do.
-------------------------------------------------
Long Answer
Questions proceeded with an asterix require a response of 5 Sentences Minimum.

What is your motivation/reason for applying?:  * I would like to apply because I feel like I would make a change in this server, as there are a lot of staff, but they are not that active. I have broken some rules in the past, and all the staff that have dealt with me were pleasant, and I would like to give back to new players, as I was one.  I also find it interesting to be staff in such a wonderful community, and I think I would really help the server a lot. 

Why should you be considered over other candidates?:  * I think I'm unique from other applicants and should be chosen because I'm active, fair, and can work properly with others. I have noticed some moderators don't listen to the full side of stories and just ban as quick as possible, (which is necessary sometimes) but instead of listening to the story in the mod sit room, they just automatically ban without even trying to listen to their stories. I've had countless friends get banned without the admin listening to them, and I think it's just irresponsible and disrespectful, as moderator I will listen to both sides of the stories, and be use my commands responsibly instead of abusing. 

Do you have any previous staffing experience? (Please list where, what position and how long): I do not have any experience in moderating Garrys Mod servers, but I have moderated servers outside of Garrys Mod with almost 3000 members. I am currently still staff there and have moderated there for about 4 months.

Have you been banned before on any of our servers? If so, why?: I have been banned once, for 1 day, for Fail RP and Micspam
Would you say that you are well known in our community, what's your reputation, what do other members think of you?:  * Members think of me as a Meth dealer, and as a faction member. A lot of people think that I'm just a guy that just walks around in the shadows, dealing meth, and avoiding police officers. I'm also a high rank inside of a faction, so many people respect me and I respect them as well. 
Have any staff members recommended you? If so, list their names:  No.
-------------------------------------------------
Problem Solving
Detail step by step exactly the actions you would take.

Someone RDMs and you are currently off-duty. How do you handle this?: Although I may be off duty, I would take both tickets and listen to what happened, and ask for video proof and take care of the rdmer.
You have seen a fellow staff member of higher or equal rank than you abusing fairly often, but never doing anything too noticeable. What do you do?: Even if what the moderator or administrator is doing, I would report them to a higher up because abusing is not allowed, even if its something small. I would get video evidence of the abuser and send it to a high rank, such as pendred, or canadian bacon.
A very good friend of yours joins the server. Over the course of an hour, you’ve received multiple complaints about them not following rules, RDM’ing, and minging. How do you proceed knowing this can affect your friendship with them?: I would warn them, (only if the minging and the rdming is small) but if they are continuously rdming and minging, I will temp ban them and if they continue rdming, etc, then I would take further actions. It's a video game as well, if my friend gets mad at me and isn't going to talk to me over a game, then they aren't really a friend. 

RE: Arth's Staff Application - kash - 12-18-2021

fuck no lol

RE: Arth's Staff Application - Moneykxe - 12-19-2021

kinda smell like my left nut tbh -1

RE: Arth's Staff Application - Baldrick - 12-20-2021

-1 Multiple Grammar mistakes in this app "coupler of hours" that's just one for example. I've seen you around and you do not seem fit for staff at all currently, from what I've seen you've been very immature and mingy, if you really want to apply for staff, I'd say go a solid week or two without breaking rules, so people can see that you've reformed from the previous stuff you have done.

RE: Arth's Staff Application - Fish Man - 12-20-2021

-1 I've watched you roleplay before. I've seen a lot of immature behavior and such. I do not believe you have enough time on the server either
This application looks like it had no effort put into it. Take a few days to write your application if you decide to reapply

RE: Arth's Staff Application - Arth - 12-20-2021

(12-20-2021, 11:00 AM)Baldrick Wrote: -1 Multiple Grammar mistakes in this app "coupler of hours" that's just one for example. I've seen you around and you do not seem fit for staff at all currently, from what I've seen you've been very immature and mingy, if you really want to apply for staff, I'd say go a solid week or two without breaking rules, so people can see that you've reformed from the previous stuff you have done.
Well really, if you were on for the past few days that I've been on, I haven't broken any rules. The grammar mistakes, that's my fault it was around 2 am.

RE: Arth's Staff Application - Baldrick - 12-27-2021

(12-20-2021, 07:35 PM)Arth Wrote:
(12-20-2021, 11:00 AM)Baldrick Wrote: -1 Multiple Grammar mistakes in this app "coupler of hours" that's just one for example. I've seen you around and you do not seem fit for staff at all currently, from what I've seen you've been very immature and mingy, if you really want to apply for staff, I'd say go a solid week or two without breaking rules, so people can see that you've reformed from the previous stuff you have done.
Well really, if you were on for the past few days that I've been on, I haven't broken any rules. The grammar mistakes, that's my fault it was around 2 am.

https://imgur.com/a/qY8ICks

This ban is very recent, and you state that you don't break rules, but this screenshot says otherwise.

RE: Arth's Staff Application - Vex - 12-28-2021

-1 literally banned right now

RE: Arth's Staff Application - ayo - 12-29-2021

(12-18-2021, 10:42 PM)Arth Wrote: How much time can you realistically dedicate to moderating?: I can moderate almost everyday for a coupler of hours, unless exams are near and when I'm at school. 
[Image: juiceshocked-surprised.gif]

Arth's Staff Application - Pendred - 12-29-2021

Thank you for applying to the Diverge Networks staff team.
Unfortunately, your application has been denied.

You may apply again in 30 days. You may apply sooner if you receive permission from a Head Administrator or higher.