Diverge Networks
Ban Appeal - Printable Version

+- Diverge Networks (https://divergenetworks.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Community Management (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Ban Appeals (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+---- Forum: Denied (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=15)
+---- Thread: Ban Appeal (/showthread.php?tid=2805)

Ban Appeal - Arth - 12-27-2021

Your Name: Jack O'

Your SteamID: STEAM_0:1:177466331

Reason for ban: Minging  | RDM Bait

Length of ban: 2d

Reason for appeal: Look, I'm truly sorry if you get offended by anything I say in this, but I think this is just unjustified. Let's first talk about the minging. No verbal warning or a written warning, just a ban. In my opinion, I do not think calling somebody a "woman" and a "cunt" is minging, its clearly me just disrespecting her on behalf of reputation. (she's a bitch ooc and ic) Now that we got minging part out of the way, RDM Bait. This one is probably just another reason to cover up the fact that the moderators are just trying to make sure the female gets off scot free. (yea!! she got no warning or ban even after rdming multiple times and breaking NLR and logging off to avoid action against her) Let's face it, the moderators and administrators are simps. The moderator that talked to me didn't even care about the fact that the girl killed me for disrespect, he was more interested into something else, not why the girl rdmed me, the dms of the girl and her pictures. I do not think that its Roleplay to kill somebody in real life due to disrespect. The "RDM Bait" as one of the reasons why I got banned was just total bullshit. Let's put it like this, lets say the girl that rdmed me was a guy. If a guy rdmed me, it would be a temp ban or a warning. Although, as its a female in this case, you have to ban the person that reported the rdming. I'm trying to have fun in the public server in garrys mod that Pendred released, and I'm over here getting banned for one of the stupidest reasons I could think of. If you could reduce the ban, or do anything about this, please just let me know, this doesnt count for like higher ranks than administrators, they're pretty good

Why should you be unbanned? It's not rdm bait or minging, she's a bitch I was just making sure she knew that. She literally thinks that she can do anything in the game (which she obviously can due to the moderators not caring what she does) She gets off with multiple counts of RDM, NLR, etc. 

Additional Information (images, videos, etc):

RE: Ban Appeal - Romullus - 12-27-2021

Hello,

Thanks for taking the time and making an appeal.

Firstly, in this answer to your appeal, I will be basing my comments on the video you have provided when you made the RDM report, which you have not linked in your appeal.

I have placed you into a sit before banning you and explained to you why you were going to be punished. Once I had told you everything I directed you to the forums.
You have been previously warned for minging, which is what constitutes the PO implemented in your ban reason, which you haven't listed in your appeal. Your punishment was also advised by higher staff members.

Your notes related to Minging:
ARDM | NITRP | Ban next warn
NLR | Minging

Additionally, when the clip started the altercation was already visible, this indicated to me that other harassment had happened previously. This was then later confirmed as I finished watching the clip. In the clip, you approach your microphone and start yelling WOMEN WOMEN. Although this might be a normal attitude for an immature person, you were engaging in an out-of-character altercation. Like you said yourself "she is a bitch both OOC and IC". You and your friend repeatedly harassed this woman by calling her a woman and insulting her.

Once she magged dumped you right between the eyes you decided to make a ticket and report her for RDM. I truly believe it is evident that you were baiting a reaction out of this person she took the bait and ended your short life. Mic spamming and insulting someone over something so irrelevant to then get killed and make an RDM ticket could end up in the definition of "RDM Bait". As well here are so rules that represent this situation:

2. Harassment: Whilst we advocate for Freedom of Speech and have very little limitation on what can and cannot be said, Repeated verbal or text abuse to a player of any kind after being made aware is causing them discomfort is considered harassment, know where to draw the line. (Global Rules, Pendred, 12-12-2021)

7. Do not bait someone to shoot/RDM/RDA you (Server Rules, General Rules, Diverge, 12-02-2021)

I have also been made aware that your friend, who has the same name format as you (xxxx 'O), had made a report on that person in similar situations where he said "I killed a Woman" (x2) (cringiest shit I've ever seen) to then report her for NLR when she called him a faggot at hospital. Note that he has been also banned in the same situation.
https://divergenet.works/forums/showthread.php?tid=2804

You also said that staff was biased towards the female. I am Muslim, so haram. You said that you got banned for RDM bait and used it as an argument that I was being biased against you, which is irrelevant as you should be defending why RDM Bait is an invalid punishment. Also, how could I not care about the fact you got RDMed when you made a ticket about RDM. The RDM was the first thing I looked into when you made your report. I also have no clue what you mean by "the dms of the girl and her pictures".

Like I said during the sit, as a staff, I evaluated the situation. If you would have called her a bitch and would have gotten killed then it would have been RDM. But in the clip provided we hear a very squeaky voice shouting "WOMEN" and "GET TIED WOMEN". Again it is evident that you were harassing that person and were waiting for a reaction to make an RDM sit. If the person was a guy and you would have harassed him I would have given the same punishment since rules are rules.

Now that I have finished answering your appeal. I would like to let you know that if you plan on "having fun" by interfering in an RP situation and harassing people for the most simple-minded reasons then you will be caught. And this is an example for people who think they can loop around rules to have things turned their way. Staff is not that stupid. Please, either move on to another server and come back when you have matured or play the server like everyone else.

Thank you very much.

- Romullus / Moderator

RE: Ban Appeal - Arth - 12-27-2021

(12-27-2021, 09:43 AM)Romullus Wrote: Hello,

Firstly, in this answer to your appeal, I will be basing my comments on the video you have provided when you made the RDM report, which you have not linked in your appeal.

I have placed you into a sit before banning you and explained to you why you were going to be punished. Once I had told you everything I directed you to the forums.
You have been previously warned for minging, which is what constitutes the PO implemented in your ban reason, which you haven't listed in your appeal. Your punishment was also advised by higher staff members.

NLR | Minging

Additionally, when the clip started the altercation was already visible, this indicated to me that other harassment had happened previously. This was then later confirmed as I finished watching the clip. In the clip, you approach your microphone and start yelling WOMEN WOMEN. Although this might be a normal attitude for an immature person, you were engaging in an out-of-character altercation. Like you said yourself "she is a bitch both OOC and IC". You and your friend repeatedly harassed this woman by calling her a woman and insulting her.

Once she magged dumped you right between the eyes you decided to make a ticket and report her for RDM. I truly believe it is evident that you were baiting a reaction out of this person she took the bait and ended your short life. Mic spamming and insulting someone over something so irrelevant to then get killed and make an RDM ticket could end up in the definition of  "RDM Bait". As well here are so rules that represent this situation:

2. Harassment: Whilst we advocate for Freedom of Speech and have very little limitation on what can and cannot be said, Repeated verbal or text abuse to a player of any kind after being made aware is causing them discomfort is considered harassment, know where to draw the line. (Global Rules, Pendred, 12-12-2021)

7. Do not bait someone to shoot/RDM/RDA you (Server Rules, General Rules, Diverge, 12-02-2021)

I have also been made aware that your friend, who has the same name format as you (xxxx 'O), had made a report on that person in similar situations where he said "I killed a Woman" (x2) (cringiest shit I've ever seen) to then report her for NLR when she called him a faggot at hospital. Note that he has been also banned in the same situation.

You also said that staff was biased towards the female. I am Muslim, so haram. You said that you got banned for RDM bait and used it as an argument that I was being biased against you, which is irrelevant as you should be defending why RDM Bait is an invalid punishment. Also, how could I not care about the fact you got RDMed when you made a ticket about RDM. The RDM was the first thing I looked into when you made your report. I also have no clue what you mean by "the dms of the girl and her pictures".

Like I said during the sit, as a staff, I evaluated the situation. If you would have called her a bitch and would have gotten killed then it would have been RDM. But in the clip provided we hear a very squeaky voice shouting "WOMEN" and "GET TIED WOMEN". Again it is evident that you were harassing that person and were waiting for a reaction to make an RDM sit. If the person was a guy and you would have harassed him I would have given the same punishment since rules are rules.

Now that I have finished answering your appeal. I would like to let you know that if you plan on "having fun" by interfering in an RP situation and harassing people for the most simple-minded reasons then you will be caught. And this is an example for people who think they can loop around rules to have things turned their way. Staff is not that stupid. Please, either move on to another server and come back when you have matured or play the server like everyone else.

Thank you very much.

- Romullus / Moderator
If you read my appeal, you would understand my reasoning that you're being biased. The girl was pointing a gun at me IN FRONT OF A POLICE OFFICER, and the officer didn't do anything. You and fishman also banned both my friend and me for reporting an RDM. RDM Bait does not make any sense, on my behalf I would really like to play this game without being rdmed, and this girl shoots me for disrespecting her. Do you understand the FRP behind that? Do you think its allowed In Real Life to shoot somebody for harassment without punishment? She also left to avoid punishment since she killed me right in front of a police officer for no reason. I did not bait her to shoot me, and you're just saying another cover up reason to ban me. You guys didn't care and you didn't even listen to our side of the story. Fish Man banned my friend for RDM and Metagaming. Metagaming, which is false. If Fish Man actually listened to my friends side, he wouldn't of been banned. I lost my gun due to an rdmer so I got mad and got off my PC. I talked to my friend on phone over discord and my friend even said that, although Fish Man just didn't care and didn't even listen fully. My friend also got banned for RDM, although this is not true. My friend (one of my faction higher ups,) SAW ME GET KILLED BY THE GIRL, and the girl didn't change her clothes, didn't even change her position either. So as he is part of the faction that I am in, and witnessed me being killed by the girl, my friend is allowed to kill her. Keep in mind, Fish Man was AFK for about 10 minutes while my friend was talking, and when he came back he just decided to ban him.

RE: Ban Appeal - ExodusMal - 12-27-2021

NLR | Minging

Once she magged dumped you right between the eyes you decided to make a ticket and report her for RDM. I truly believe it is evident that you were baiting a reaction out of this person she took the bait and ended your short life. Mic spamming and insulting someone over something so irrelevant to then get killed and make an RDM ticket could end up in the definition of  "RDM Bait". As well here are so rules that represent this situation:

Thank you very much.

- Romullus / Moderator
Romullus, I was the other guy banned for this situation, I want to point out how you are clearly using your emotions to guide your decision, we can see this by your usage of "Squeaky". Also, are you blatantly retarded, its not haram to take the side of a woman because she is a woman, the fact that you are bringing to a sexual/romantical level to support your side is honestly baffling (im saying this because it would only be haram the action was done to gain the lady). You only saw the first part, check my previous reports, ive reported her 2 times 1 time for breaking fearrp which she was punished for, and the other time she meta and nlr and she also again got punished from what ive been told. She saw me and immediately started making fun of me as she had recognized me. Then me and my friend made fun of her back and he made a spitting noise which then lead her to pull out her gun. There was a senior officer standing right there when it happened and he allowed her to break the law by her putting him under gun point when a cop was present. I almost got pked because I killed someone for hitting me when a cop was present. (this was the same cop who was in the situation with the girl by the way, his defense was that I didn't need to kill the guy who was hitting me because a cop could've arrested him). We didn't bait her, she broke nlr right infront of us and we just decided to mess with her back, no fists were drawn, no threats were made, we didn't entice her to hit us or shoot us. She killed him for making fun of her. She started a verbal fight then played the victim side. I was banned for RDM and Meta when the staff who banned me had no proof of meta but the fact that I was in a vc with my friend when he was not even playing. And apparently im not allowed to kill someone for snitching and also killing my friend.

Do better

RE: Ban Appeal - Romullus - 12-27-2021

https://medal.tv/games/garrys-mod/clips/67bEZMcjZ3LoN/VELP6xUkE5Cf?invite=cr-MSxxUGwsMjQ5NjUyNzgs

(12-27-2021, 07:42 PM)ExodusMal Wrote:

NLR | Minging

Thank you very much.

- Romullus / Moderator
Romullus, I was the other guy banned for this situation, I want to point out how you are clearly using your emotions to guide your decision, we can see this by your usage of "Squeaky". Also, are you blatantly retarded, its not haram to take the side of a woman because she is a woman, the fact that you are bringing to a sexual/romantical level to support your side is honestly baffling (im saying this because it would only be haram the action was done to gain the lady). You only saw the first part, check my previous reports, ive reported her 2 times 1 time for breaking fearrp which she was punished for, and the other time she meta and nlr and she also again got punished from what ive been told. She saw me and immediately started making fun of me as she had recognized me. Then me and my friend made fun of her back and he made a spitting noise which then lead her to pull out her gun. There was a senior officer standing right there when it happened and he allowed her to break the law by her putting him under gun point when a cop was present. I almost got pked because I killed someone for hitting me when a cop was present. (this was the same cop who was in the situation with the girl by the way, his defense was that I didn't need to kill the guy who was hitting me because a cop could've arrested him). We didn't bait her, she broke nlr right infront of us and we just decided to mess with her back, no fists were drawn, no threats were made, we didn't entice her to hit us or shoot us. She killed him for making fun of her. She started a verbal fight then played the victim side. I was banned for RDM and Meta when the staff who banned me had no proof of meta but the fact that I was in a vc with my friend when he was not even playing. And apparently im not allowed to kill someone for snitching and also killing my friend.

Do better
Hi,

How am I taking romantical/sexual level to support my side? Your appeal is literally basesd on claiming she is a women and that I am being baised while my answer to the appeal is based on facts and on rules. and you past repoorts is very irrelevant and so is your personal opinion as this ban was based on facts and rules.

Ban Appeal - Hue - 12-27-2021

Your ban appeal has been reviewed and denied.

We have determined this ban to be reasonable and/or justified.

Ensure you have read our Server Rules