Diverge Networks
Hoovis' Staff Application - Printable Version

+- Diverge Networks (https://divergenetworks.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Community Management (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Staff Applications (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+---- Forum: Accepted (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+---- Thread: Hoovis' Staff Application (/showthread.php?tid=2809)

Hoovis' Staff Application - Hoovis - 12-29-2021

Staff Application Format
If you wish to apply for staff be sure to fill out the following format. Make sure applications are neat and legible. Short or low effort Applications will be denied.

Make the Application Legible. Format it correctly. (Legible colours, etc)

In-Game Name(s): Keith O' Fergal, Craig Swartz, Anthony Balisimo, Louis Litt, Cadet Wyatt Earp
Steam Name: Hoovis

Steam Profile Link:  https://steamcommunity.com/id/hoovis123/

Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:199307072

Discord Username: Hoovis#0611

Total playtime on Server (Do !time in-game): 5d 21h 12m
Time Zone: EST

How much time can you realistically dedicate to moderating?: Around 2-4 hours on weekdays, with most of the day on weekends.

Have you read the rules?: Yes

Do you have a working microphone?: Yes

Do you acknowledge that you must attend all staff meetings (Unless you have stated why you cannot beforehand):Yes

Are you familiarized with SAM and/or Nutscript commands?: I am familiar with Nutscript commands. I am unfamiliar with SAM but I am willing to learn.

Do you acknowledge that lying on this application will result in immediate denial and blacklisting from staff?: Yes
-------------------------------------------------
Long Answer
Questions proceeded with an asterix require a response of 5 Sentences Minimum.

What is your motivation/reason for applying?:  I am applying for staff because I genuinely would like to contribute to the community in a way that I can't from my current position. As staff, I get to assist players in many aspects that I am unable to do in-character, including name and faction, as well as sits involving PKs or rule breaks.  Additionally, I enjoy problem-solving and conflict resolution, traits which are necessary for any competent staff member. I spend quality time on the server, and staffing would just add to my enjoyment of the server. Finally, as a player, I understand the grievances that some may have against staff regarding lack of response time or the quality of staffing. If I became a staff member, I could fix the problems any player might have with staff, and change their opinions about the staff team through respect, communication, and understanding.

Why should you be considered over other candidates?: The primary reason I would make a quality candidate for moderator on Diverge is my background in moderating on a somewhat similar server also based in NutScript. During my tenure as a moderator on 1942rp, there was no staff baton tool to make moderating an easier job. Everything had to be done through the NutScript chat commands, including name changes, faction changes, rank changes, and more. While individuals learn to use the tools they are given and adapt to their environment, and I agree that a staff baton streamlines the efficiency which staff can operate and take tickets at, I believe my time using these separate commands shows a deeper understanding of NutScript and staffing as a whole. Additionally, I have a good amount of free time on my hands, despite work/school. I can be on at least a few hours per weekday night, and on weekends I have most of the day and night free to dedicate to staffing. I enjoy staffing and helping the playerbase in general, and conflict resolution is something I believe I accel in.

Do you have any previous staffing experience? (Please list where, what position and how long): I staffed on Typhon Network's 1942rp about 2 years ago for a few months.

Have you been banned before on any of our servers? If so, why?: I received a 6 hour ban a little over 10 months ago for FailRP and LTAP

Would you say that you are well known in our community, what's your reputation, what do other members think of you?:  I do not believe I am well known. I try to be mostly friendly IC to anyone who is at least respectful. My characters are only known within their respective organizations, but I try to be a loyal member and a team player among my colleagues.  OOCly I don't interact much with anyone other than individuals who work for the same organizations as me, but when I do I am civil and respectful.  Despite being one of the lesser known in the community, I believe that most who have interacted with my would find me to be civil and friendly.

Have any staff members recommended you? If so, list their names: No
-------------------------------------------------
Problem Solving
Detail step by step exactly the actions you would take.

Someone RDMs and you are currently off-duty. How do you handle this?: I would request another staff member to handle the sit. Despite being unbiased, some players may be uncomfortable with a staff member doing sits that involve them. If no other staff member is available, I would make sure I had video evidence before warning the individual for RDM.

You have seen a fellow staff member of higher or equal rank than you abusing fairly often, but never doing anything too noticeable. What do you do?: I would collect video evidence of any abuse and submit it to a Head Administrator or higher.

A very good friend of yours joins the server. Over the course of an hour, you’ve received multiple complaints about them not following rules, RDM’ing, and minging. How do you proceed knowing this can affect your friendship with them?:`I would punish them properly for whatever rulebreaks they performed and speak to them both as a friend and staff member for them to not do such things again.

RE: Hoovis' Staff Application - Vex - 12-29-2021

+1
I know hoovis from another community, and he is definitely competent in RP and at a OOC stand point

Hoovis' Staff Application - Rem - 12-29-2021

Thank you for applying to the Diverge Networks staff team!
It is my pleasure to inform you that your application has been accepted.

Contact myself or another member of Management on Discord for training and to get setup.