Diverge Networks
More Detailed Banking System - Printable Version

+- Diverge Networks (https://divergenetworks.com/forums)
+-- Forum: 1980s Mafia Roleplay (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Suggestions (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+---- Forum: Denied (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+---- Thread: More Detailed Banking System (/showthread.php?tid=2813)

More Detailed Banking System - 55ou11e55 - 12-29-2021

So there is a whole bank building that is not being used for anything. Recently I asked if I can open a savings account and was told its not a thing. My proposal is to create a more unified and detailed baking system that will allow players to have new RP roles to play inside the bank, more possible RP situations and documents as well as creation of new banking system that will allow players to make savings account and etc inside the bank. I think it will be a good idea to make a main bank account with high interest rate (maybe like 4% or smtng, so its realistic) and allow people to create accounts with different interest rates depending on the amount of time they leave their money at the bank. I can volounteer as the first Bank employee and can create all the necessary documents if the idea is accepted because i believe it will really make the server much better and interesting because there is not enough passive RP professions from my perspective. Hope you guys like the idea, but dont be fooled, what i wrote here is nowhere near the final product of my imagination but merely a foundation!

RE: More Detailed Banking System - Bingus - 12-30-2021

The banking faction has never worked out (even by people who promise to make it good) because of inactivity, blatant corruption and just a lack of intelligence which is why it was removed a long time ago. There is also nothing wrong with the interest right now. Yes some people say the rate is a bit low (1.5% I think?) but it's set at a good amount where people can't just AFK all day and make millions like they used to before.

Perhaps the actual banking technology like the interactions with and the functions of the ATMs should be updated to make things more simpler and helpful, but other than that, nothing else really needs to be touched. People just want to make more money without doing anything which isn't the point of the game.

RE: More Detailed Banking System - hopleyt - 12-30-2021

+1
Okay so I'm actually going to plus one this I think now that getting a new bank account cost 50k from a UA to make it and they have to be on in order to do it

maybe it should be considered adding an NPC that allows you to buy as many bank accounts as you want and just have some kind of way they'd only are you awake and take it away from you or whatever needs to be done to prevent people from getting rid of accounts that have illegal s*** on them to avoid an interaction with law enforcement

RE: More Detailed Banking System - 55ou11e55 - 12-30-2021

If there are worries that player Banking faction will be corrupt and afk, why not just add a few more functions to the ATM bank? Like Loan system ( you take a certain amount of money, not more than 300k for example, and have to pay it back daily depending on the option you choose which will also decide the interest rate on the loan) and Savings account ( placing your money into a specificly made account that will not allow the person to use that money at all for a long period of time but will have higher interest rate). I think either faction bank or ATM bank changes should be made because it will make the economy in the city more realistic and fun. I would love to also add inflation, but im not sure it is possible code-wise since im not a coder Smile

RE: More Detailed Banking System - Fish Man - 12-30-2021

Pretty much just what Bingus said

RE: More Detailed Banking System - Pendred - 01-12-2022

Will work for a week at most, before players get bored of it and nobody wants to do it anymore.