Diverge Networks
Milkman's Staff App - Printable Version

+- Diverge Networks (https://divergenetworks.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Community Management (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Staff Applications (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+---- Forum: Accepted (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+---- Thread: Milkman's Staff App (/showthread.php?tid=2843)

Milkman's Staff App - The Milkman - 01-06-2022

In-Game Name(s): Joseph 'The Milkman' Avellino
Steam Name: Mao Zedong
Steam Profile Link: https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198195599174/
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:117666723
Discord Username: The Milkman#6815
Total playtime on Server (Do !time in-game): 1mo 1w 3d 1h 21m
Time Zone: PST
How much time can you realistically dedicate to moderating?: 3-5 hours
Have you read the rules?: Yes
Do you have a working microphone?: Yes
Do you acknowledge that you must attend all staff meetings (Unless you have stated why you cannot beforehand): Yes
Are you familiarized with SAM and/or Nutscript commands?: Yes
Do you acknowledge that lying on this application will result in immediate denial and blacklisting from staff?: Yes
-------------------------------------------------
Long Answer
Questions proceeded with an asterix require a response of 5 Sentences Minimum.

What is your motivation/reason for applying?:  The number one thing that is motivating me to reapply to staff is the Diverge community that I, unfortunately, had to leave because of computer-related issues. While I was gone, I'd recall all the wonderful people that I've met on this server and during that time I'd begin to miss it all. Diverge Network left a good impression on me ever since the first time I joined The reason why I'm applying now is that I got the final component for my PC recently and I think I'm now ready to return. What's more is that after so long I still have the same reason for applying to staff, that being to help prolong Diverge and help make a fun and enjoyable community for everyone to join by enforcing the rules. To put it short, all that really motivates me to reapply for staff is the people. 

Why should you be considered over other candidates?: I believe I should be picked over other candidates because I was a past staff member on Diverge. Given my experiences, I'm already well aware of how the procedures go on the server. I've read all the rules of the server and have never been warned or banned in my entire 1 month's worth of game time on Diverge. I've also shown my worth by being promoted to an Administrator and at one point a Gamemaster.  I also believe I've developed a greater sense of responsibility, dedication, maturity, and integrity than I once had during the finals weeks of my staffing all that time ago. This is very important because I feel like most of these traits are what make an admin great. 

Do you have any previous staffing experience? (Please list where, what position and how long): My most recent staffing experience was here in diverge. I started as a Mod on 12/31/2020 and left on 8/15/2021. My second most recent staffing experience was in a lesser-known mafiaRP server that ended up dying out shortly after I was promoted. My first staffing experience was as a super admin in a revolutionary warRP server back in 2015-2016 that lasted for about a month before it ended up dying out. 

Have you been banned before on any of our servers? If so, why?: I have never been banned. 

Would you say that you are well known in our community, what's your reputation, what do other members think of you?: I don't think a lot of new players know who I am and might have me mistaken for another player with a similar name but older members of the server will know me under the name of The Milkman. I believe I have a mostly good reputation except for a few unfortunate mistakes on my part that I really do regret. Most people know me for my experience as a staff member for the server and if you were to ask someone what they thought of me then I'm sure they would say various things. Some could say I was a great person and just as good an admin while others could potentially say I was a bad admin and severely unfunny person. I like to think a large group of people were in the first option and only a few people disliked me. 

Have any staff members recommended you? If so, list their names: Baldrick, Zoomer, and Stretch.
-------------------------------------------------
Problem Solving
Detail step by step exactly the actions you would take.

Someone RDMs and you are currently off-duty. How do you handle this?: I'd wait for assistants from another admin on duty. If no staff are available at the time then I'd take the RDM sit. 

You have seen a fellow staff member of higher or equal rank than you abusing fairly often, but never doing anything too noticeable. What do you do?: If I noticed another staff member abusing his power in a way that interferes with RP then I'd keep evidence of his actions and report it immediately to a higher rank.  

A very good friend of yours joins the server. Over the course of an hour, you’ve received multiple complaints about them not following rules, RDM’ing, and minging. How do you proceed knowing this can affect your friendship with them?: In this situation, I would hand over the appropriate punishment regardless of whether he was my friend or not. 

RE: Milkman's Staff App - catgoku22 - 01-06-2022

+1 milkman a solid guy

RE: Milkman's Staff App - Irn Bru - 01-06-2022

Major +1.

This guy was excellent at his job when he was previously staff. He would go out his way to help the community in any way possible and showed he genuinely cared about his position. I have no doubt that he will make a fantastic staff member again and will continue to prevail within his position. I believe a lot of community members will be very happy to see him make a return

RE: Milkman's Staff App - hopleyt - 01-06-2022

+1 Great Guy let put him on fast trasck back to where he was

RE: Milkman's Staff App - ZOOMER - 01-06-2022

The application itself is solid at best. Upon reading it, it seems there were no major mistakes. Combined with previous experiences in staffing, it's safe to say that this won't be much of a hard step to take for him.

On a personal note:
I've talked to this man on and off for months. I've seen him both during his ups and downs. Despite that he remained headstrong. He definitely had a few notable issues that may affected him if you've met him previously months ago. But times have changed, and he has expressed an immense surge of drive in contributing to the server the best his ability. This is what I have witnessed so far.

And with that being said, I wholeheartedly provide my sincerest endorsements to his endeavour in returning as a full fledged staff member.

Good luck

RE: Milkman's Staff App - ayo - 01-06-2022

+1

Yes

RE: Milkman's Staff App - Vex - 01-06-2022

+1

Milkman was by far one of the most active and best staff members when he was previously an administrator, he took thousands of tickets-
and overall proved his loyalty to the server, I have been friends with Milkman for a WHILE now, and he has defiantly improved.
I can assure to any member of Management; Milkman will bring the morale of the staff team back to what is used to be.

I strongly encourage for this Application to be accepted.

RE: Milkman's Staff App - hasan12q8 - 01-06-2022

+1 milkman

Milkman's Staff App - Pendred - 01-07-2022

Thank you for applying to the Diverge Networks staff team!
It is my pleasure to inform you that your application has been accepted.

Contact myself or another member of Management on Discord for training and to get setup.