Diverge Networks
Suggestion - Printable Version

+- Diverge Networks (https://divergenetworks.com/forums)
+-- Forum: 1980s Mafia Roleplay (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Suggestions (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+---- Forum: Accepted (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+---- Thread: Suggestion (/showthread.php?tid=2856)

Suggestion - shrimpsgalore - 01-04-2022

Suggestion: Have automated in-game tips and facts pop up every 5 minutes in chat, with a special color (maybe purple?) or font size to distinguish them from adverts/chats/rumors/NYPD broadcasts, etc.

Rationale: There are lots of things about the game you kinda just have to discover on your own. People not knowing these rules end up not knowing how to act in certain roleplay situations. Things like: A guy having to break character to say "How do I do that" when being mugged/detained by cops, a person using OOC chat to find out where his friend is, a person being wronged but not knowing how to call an admin for an OOC issue or police for IC issue, etc. In theory everyone has the responsibility to read and follow the rules, but we all know that practically this almost never happens. I think this would greatly improve how people behave.

The following are examples of potential automated messages if this is accepted. Some may not be necessary, and some may need changes.

"[Tip] Press F7 to surrender and raise your hands in the air."

"[Tip] Type /911 followed by a space to call the police. For example type "/911 I was mugged at the clothing store" without the quotation marks

"[Tip] Type "!rules" in chat to read the server rules, and start off a chat with @ to call an admin."

"[Tip] Purchase VIP for more inventory space, the ability to build, and $5,000 in-game cash. Perks can be bought individually, or altogether for a better price at (link)"

"[Tip] Speak with the man at front desk of city hall if you need a job"

"[Tip] Do not go around punching random people or vehicles. You will be banned. This is a roleplay server, not a free-for-all deathmatch."

"[Tip] You can lose health from hunger. Visit a food cart and press E when looking at the vendor to buy food."

"[Tip] Do not ask for information your character wants (Someone's location, facts about guns or drugs, etc.) in OOC chat or use it to aid your character (Advertising, asking for help from another character, etc.)"

"[Tip] Cars are automatically disabled when there is a high amount of players to reduce lag"

"[Tip] You will lose any weapons that were equipped before you died"

"[Tip] You may not shoot and kill someone just for verbally disrespecting you"

"[Tip] Do not have your microphone unnaturally loud, play sound effects or music through it, or make any other noise you cannot normally make. 
This is micspamming and you will be punished."

"[Tip] A permanent kill (PK) is when you die after taking a large and foolish risk, and your character gets fully deleted. Some PK worthy scenarios are: 
Shooting first at cops and dying, disobeying a mugger with a gun to your head and dying, intentionally jumping off a building while being chased and dying, etc."

RE: Suggestion - Moneykxe - 01-04-2022

It’s kind of going to be useless since diverge has most of the stuff already put up on the forums, like the pk and others. It is the players responsibility to know these before playing. Although, it might help for the new people that don’t want to read them.

RE: Suggestion - shrimpsgalore - 01-05-2022

(01-04-2022, 11:57 PM)Moneykxe Wrote: It’s kind of going to be useless since diverge has most of the stuff already put up on the forums, like the pk and others. It is the players responsibility to know these before playing. Although, it might help for the new people that don’t want to read them.
Well like I said on the post, all of this is contingent on my belief that a very small amount of players are well-versed in the rules and bother to check the forums.

It is their responsibility to check- meaning that in a sit you could never get away with breaking a rule by saying "Well an admin never went out of their way to tell me the server rules". Regardless, I still think this would decrease instances of rulebreaking and make the server a better place by offering new players tips.

RE: Suggestion - Pendred - 01-05-2022

This... isn't a bad idea

RE: Suggestion - Black_George - 01-08-2022

+1 very smart

RE: Suggestion - Mishka Arkhipov - 01-09-2022

+1
would help whiteShirts walking up to me and as give me drugs

RE: Suggestion - Pendred - 01-12-2022

Accepted.