Diverge Networks
Dom's Staff Application - Printable Version

+- Diverge Networks (https://divergenetworks.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Community Management (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Staff Applications (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+---- Forum: Accepted (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+---- Thread: Dom's Staff Application (/showthread.php?tid=2919)

Dom's Staff Application - Dom Battiato - 01-17-2022

In-Game Name(s): Dom Battiato
Steam Name: Deafened Giraffe
Steam Profile Link: Steam Community :: Deafened Giraffe
Steam ID: 76561198308764044
Discord Username: dom41555#7321 (Please don't try to add me unless need be.)
Total playtime on Server (Do !time in-game): 1w 14h 51m
Time Zone: EST
How much time can you realistically dedicate to moderating?: 15-20 hours a week
Have you read the rules?: Yes
Do you have a working microphone?: Yes
Do you acknowledge that you must attend all staff meetings (Unless you have stated why you cannot beforehand): Yes
Are you familiarized with SAM and/or Nutscript commands?: No
Do you acknowledge that lying on this application will result in immediate denial and blacklisting from staff?: Yes
-------------------------------------------------
Long Answer
Questions proceeded with an asterix require a response of 5 Sentences Minimum.

What is your motivation/reason for applying?: I got the motivation to apply as a staff member here because I am the type of person to want to keep the community safe and realistic as possible while still allowing others to have the ultimate experience. Players shouldn't have their experience hindered by someone who just can't control themselves and play by the rules. Watching how people play and what they do just gets on my nerves and now I am ready to deal with anything that may come my way with this position. Knowing that I can handle what comes my way will enable me to be the best I can be and achieve my motivation. Then, I will continue to use this motivation and help the community strive and grow.

Why should you be considered over other candidates?: I feel that I would provide the best service to others and ensure that people get the help they need when they need it. This is important to me and must be done for the greater good of the community. As opposed to this, other candidates may just apply to have special admin powers and end up abusing them. This is not what the foundation of the staff team or server was built on and should be prevented by choosing me as the best candidate. In doing so, I will make sure to enforce proper safety and fun within the community.

Do you have any previous staffing experience? (Please list where, what position and how long): I do not have past experience but I won't let that stop me from continuing to take a chance and put myself out there for others to decide and judge whether I should be accepted.

Have you been banned before on any of our servers? If so, why?: I have not been banned on any Diverge servers.

Would you say that you are well known in our community, what's your reputation, what do other members think of you?: I would say that I am decently known within the community and that I have built quite a reputation with people. Others would describe me as an enjoyable person to be around, they can trust me, and they know that I am an efficient person. I enjoy socializing with others and getting to know them while still continuing with my business. I don't go around and constantly bother people if they don't want to be bothered, I give them a simple hello and move on. If they want to continue with the conversation, that is up to them and I will gladly continue talking to them. This strategy of socialize has built a pretty good reputation within the community.

Have any staff members recommended you? If so, list their names: I have not been recommended by any staff members.
-------------------------------------------------
Problem Solving
Detail step by step exactly the actions you would take.

Someone RDMs and you are currently off-duty. How do you handle this?: 1. I try making a ticket and providing evidence of what happened as if I am a regular player. 2. If none of the staff get my ticket, I will contact them elsewhere and let them know what is going on.

You have seen a fellow staff member of higher or equal rank than you abusing fairly often, but never doing anything too noticeable. What do you do?: 1. I would first confront them and ask them their motive for abusing their power even though it is clearly stated not to do so. 2. I politely ask him to stop explaining why it is affecting gameplay. 3. If he still doesn't listen, I would report him to a higher-up that is able to take care of him.

A very good friend of yours joins the server. Over the course of an hour, you’ve received multiple complaints about them not following rules, RDM’ing, and minging. How do you proceed knowing this can affect your friendship with them?: 1. I would let them know of the server rules and tell them why what they are doing is wrong and intolerable.. 2. I would then proceed with a punishment hoping that they actually came to their senses as to why I did what I did.
---------------------------------------------------------

RE: Dom's Staff Application - hhhh - 01-19-2022

+1

-Good interactions with him in game
-Friendly and knows the rules

RE: Dom's Staff Application - Dom Battiato - 01-23-2022

I have updated time. It used to be 5d 15h 53m

Dom's Staff Application - Canadian-bacon - 01-28-2022

Thank you for applying to the Diverge Networks staff team!
It is my pleasure to inform you that your application has been accepted.

Contact myself or another member of Management on Discord for training and to get setup.