Diverge Networks
Legal Expansion - Printable Version

+- Diverge Networks (https://divergenetworks.com/forums)
+-- Forum: 1980s Mafia Roleplay (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Suggestions (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+---- Forum: Denied (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+---- Thread: Legal Expansion (/showthread.php?tid=2991)

Legal Expansion - TheDroppedFry - 02-01-2022

A few options to consider for expanding the legal business:

1. Giving drug rackets to legal businesses if they acquire a license to manufacture those narcotics for medical use (they should be a pharmaceutical company or be associated with pharmaceuticals to be applicable for this license). This should not be difficult to implement, perhaps with crafting benches/workshops where components can be brought in. This could also expand on using pots and plants, which could then be harvested for essential components to add to the crafting workshop. It could be a three-step process, with growing & harvesting, processing, & distribution.

2. Workshops where valuable items can be crafted. This could give rise to factories and mass production, as well as a distribution chain; Perhaps ores could be mined, then processed with other craftsmen, who then bring the refined products to those at the crafting bench to then put together and ship to those who sell the products. Guns, ammunition boxes, radios and TVs- the possibilities are limitless.

3. More of a focus on the fishing system. Make it so that perhaps rare fish are captured that are worth thousands or tens of thousands (kind of like gambling), or maybe a way that favors large groups of people fishing. Perhaps a boat could be spawn where people could get in and go out to fish on the open sea (though I'm not sure of the practicality of coding that in); There could also be tiers of fishing based on experience, the type of rod used, etc.

4. More ways of transportation. Cars are just useless for most days since they get disabled at around 70 players, and most hours of the day the player count is ALWAYS above 70. Maybe biking, buses (like 4-5 that go on routine travel around the map), skateboards, or whatever. As it stands now, it is a royal pain in the ass to get around, and this would open up a litany of new legal business ideas.

5. NPCs that walk around the more remote parts of town to 'simulate' life. This isn't a legal business suggestion, but I was thinking there could be SOME kind of implementation to create a sort of 'lively' atmosphere around the map, as I think that would be what encourages people to move more around the city rather than sticking to where all the players are. Even if it was at some fundamental level, it'd still be a HUGE improvement to the atmosphere of the server.

That's about it for right now.

RE: Legal Expansion - Funnyman69 - 02-01-2022

"More of a focus on the fishing system"

YES

RE: Legal Expansion - Sir_Bodges - 02-01-2022

I agree with all but the first suggestion. Giving drugs to a legal faction just doesn't make sense from a server standpoint that relies on crime. If one group can start doing it legally then why wouldn't the others just eliminate risk and go legal? If they are blocked in RP from doing so because they are an 'illegal' faction it doesn't make much sense to me. Drugs works because it has a high risk, high reward. The same way oil works because it has no risk and a decent reward.

RE: Legal Expansion - TheDroppedFry - 02-01-2022

(02-01-2022, 12:34 PM)Sir_Bodges Wrote: I agree with all but the first suggestion. Giving drugs to a legal faction just doesn't make sense from a server standpoint that relies on crime. If one group can start doing it legally then why wouldn't the others just eliminate risk and go legal? If they are blocked in RP from doing so because they are an 'illegal' faction it doesn't make much sense to me. Drugs works because it has a high risk, high reward. The same way oil works because it has no risk and a decent reward.

While I can understand that point of view, there are only a select few drugs that can be RP justified for licensing out to legal manufacturers, that being Weed and Opium (both can be used for medicinal purposes & research). From what I recall, both of those make little in the way of money, and I noticed that NO ONE owns the opium rackets, so I wanted a chance to give opium a chance in the sunlight with 'legal' manufacturing and processing into medical items and pills.